It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Warship Shelled Ukrainian Town Today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Russian Warship Shelled Ukrainian Town Today

www.playfuls.com

A sailor aboard the Russian warship Tsesar Kunikov, an assault landing ship, fired a 57 millimetre artillery round in the direction of the town, for unknown reasons.

The shell landed near the village Sakharna, a suburb of Sevastopol, without causing injuries or damage.

Russian and Ukrainian authorities were investigating the incident, and Ukraine's Foreign Ministry had asked the Russian government for an explanation, said Oleksander Chaly, a Ukraine government spokesman.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I wonder what his motives were. Did he act alone? Maybe he wanted to start a war? Or maybe someone wanted to send somebody a message of some sorts? Unfortunately, too many crazies have access to guns, missiles and weapons systems. It would be a shame if a single trigger happy person some day should manage to trigger a war.

www.playfuls.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Shells town by accident? That's a pretty big oops!
And here I thought maybe Iranians took over the boat, and were pulling little Iranian pranks - please note my sarcasm.

You would think that there would be some sort of a failsafe when it comes to this sort of thing wouldn't you?

top topics

join