It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Votes To Protect Citizens From Lawsuits

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   

House Votes To Protect Citizens From Lawsuits

www.washingtontimes.com

After a heated debate and calls for order, the motion to recommit the Democrats’ Rail and Public Transportation Security Act of 2007 back to committee with instructions to add the protective language passed on a vote of 304-121. Republicans said the lawsuit filed by six Muslim imams against US Airways and “John Does,” passengers who reported suspicious behavior, could have a “chilling effect” on passengers who may fear being sued for acting vigilant.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   
This was a direct response to CAIR's lawsuit against the individuals who reported the 6 Imams for suspicious behavior in Minnesota last year. The message being sent by the lawsuit was a chilling one, that if you reported suspicious, potential terrorist activity, you would be sued. Cox and Forkum summed it up quite well in this cartoon:

I think this is a great move by the house, and I hope the senate approves it as well.

Here are the voting results if you want to see how your representative voted on this bill.

www.washingtontimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
In order to have a free society we need to take responsibility. You have to be able to report suspicious behavior withou the theat of a lawsuit.

You report suspicious behavior to the authorities and they decied whether or not an action is warrented.

I'm glad this passed.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Well, it hasn't completely passed yet; it still has to make its way through the senate.

[edit on 3/28/07/28 by junglejake]

top topics

join