It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scotlands Most Famous UFO Abductee Dies aged 88

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Bob Taylor passed away last week aged 88..

Bob was know for the " dechmont Law - Livingston " ufo adbuction in 1979.

Here is a glimpse from actual news footage and artist sketches of the craft taken in 1979.

news.bbc.co.uk... ( BBC news ran a segment on this case last week in remembrence).

Here is a transcript of events which took place it dechmont law ( currently .5 miles from my homes)

Bob Taylor's encounter with the mysterious spheres in Dechmont wood near Livingston in Scotland, is probably one of the most written about cases of a close encounter in Britain. The case stands as one of the most intriging in British Ufology.

On the 9th of November 1979, at around 10.30 am, Robert Taylor, a forestry worker employed by the Livingstone Development Corporation parked his pick up off a track at the bottom of Dechmont Law, just off the busy M8 motorway. He walked up the lower slope of the forested hill with his dog, and as he emerged into a clearing an amazing sight greeted him.

Before him in the clearing was a large, circular, sphere like object about twenty feet across. It appeared to be made from a dark metallic material with a rough texture like sandpaper, parts of which were transparent. A narrow flange ran around the outside of the object.

As he approached, two spheres with protruding metal spikes in the manner of old navel mines dropped from the object. They were about three feet wide and made of the same dark metallic substance as the larger object.

The two spheres rolled towards him and flanked him, each rolling at the same time to his left and right foot. With his dog now barking furiously, the spikes attached to the Bob's trousers and pulled him towards the larger sphere. Bob heard a distinct hissing sound and smelled an acrid smell that caused him to choke.

The next thing he knew he was coming round lying face down on the grass with his dog nearby. The strange objects had disappeared from the clearing, his legs were aching, his trousers were torn and he found he could not speak.

He crawled the rest of the way to his pick up and could not get it started, so had to walk the mile to his home in Livingston. His wife was at home when he arrived in his dishevelled state and she quickly phoned the doctor and eventually the Police. The Police treated the matter seriously and returned to the site with Bob. They found ladder shaped marks in the soil where the craft was said to have stood, and marks following the path of the mine like objects.

Although there may be several possible explanations, what has been agreed is that Bob Taylor was a man of character, not given to fanciful stories. He never changed his account, never actively sought publicity, and never gained from any of the publicity generated at the time of the event.

The main explanation given by Steuart Campbell, is that Bob witnessed a mirage of Venus, which brought on an epileptic fit and caused him to hallucinate the whole encounter. Although possible, Bob had never experienced epilepsy before or after the event, although some of his symptoms after the encounter are similar to those experienced by those with epilepsy.

The police case still remains open, and the ripped trousers are now in the possession of BUFORA.

Many thanks to Bob for coming forward back in 1979 despite the ridicule recieved from the sceptics over the years.

I was at the landing spot the day after this abduction with my dad when i was the ripe old age of 4 years old, and ever since then ive had a massive fascination with Ufology (seeing as one landed in my back yard)..

Bob is wholey responsible for my UFO fascination now, and i will continue to search for answers ( whilst always keeping one eye on Dechmont Law incase we get another visit )..

You shall be missed.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Hi zeetroyman

thanks for that, it was really interesting, I'd never heard of Bob Taylors' encounter before.

You mentioned a UFO landing in your back yard, is there a thread on ats about that?

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Hi Mate,

Dechmont Law ( the above case ) is my backyard.. I can see the spot from my window.

Its still a very eerie place. The imprints in the grass surrounding the landing site suggested weight in the region of 20 tons. This are is a clearing in a circle of dense forest with no road access, hence why this case is still open.. Nothing from this world could have made those imprints.

I did hear a caller on a radio show some time ago say he also seen another craft land there in 1992, but nothing else. I am going to look into this from the UK side and see if i can get any more witness testements.

Im also going to go back up there in the summer for a camp out ( its cold in scotland at the moment) and take some photo's of the landing site etc.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 07:09 AM
link   
LOL, I see what you meant now

It would be great to hear from more people about the 92 sighting, especially as there is a great increase in sightings around Scotland.

I wonder what it is about that area that'd make a UFO land in the same place again?

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Only thing i can think of is that NEC Semiconductors and Shin Etsu Semiconductors are a few hundred yards along the road.

Both reportedly have nuclear reactors deep inside them. Livingston used to be the Silicon Valley of Scotland, though its more a ghost town now for semi conductors.

Dechmont law is also a large Hill directly in the flightpath to edinburgh airport.

top topics

join