It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VA Senator Webb's Aide Arrested for Bringing Loaded Gun into Senate Office Building

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 02:08 AM
link   

VA Senator Webb's Aide Arrested for Bringing Loaded Gun into Senate Office Building

www.foxnews.com

WASHINGTON — Virginia Sen. Jim Webb said Tuesday he did not give aide Phillip Thompson the gun that led to his arrest in a Senate office building. Webb did not say whether it was his gun.

Webb said he has been in New Orleans since Friday and returned Monday night. He said that he couldn't talk about the case because of the legal proceedings and his desire not to prejudice the situation. But then he denied any role in the alleged felony.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I think it's quite obvious that this was Webb's gun, since he's always spoke of owning guns and having a concealed weapon permit in Virginia. I'm sure it was some misunderstanding or oversight that led the bag containing the weapon to be taken to his office by an aide, but Webb seems to be deflecting any blame for this at all, and I seriously doubt that's the case.

I hope this guy doesn't get convicted of any crime for this, and I think Webb should stop distancing himself from the situation.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Link
"I believe that it's important — it's important for me, personally, and for a lot of people in the situation that I'm in, to be able to defend myself and my family," Webb said. "Since 9/11 for people who are in government I think in general there has been an agreement that it's a more dangerous time. Again, I'm not going to comment, again, with great specificity about how I defend myself, but I do feel that I have that right."

He sounds paranoid!

But, he has that "right" no?

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Dj

I am concerned cause of the fact that it was a loaded gun with 2 loaded clips as well. Sounds fishy to me.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I love how Bush made fun of the situation at the Radio & TV Correspondents' Association dinner:

The President of the United States
...and I'd like to thank Senator Webb for providing security.

[edit on 3/28/2007 by djohnsto77]

top topics

join