It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

points whores

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I hate points whores and attention whores.

Isn't it pathetic to see that some members put "Vote for me for the Way Above Top Secret Award" in their sig?

I thought it was something you had to deserve, not beg people to give it to you? I couldn't care less about the award, and I know I'll never get it because my contribution are really irrevelant compared to some hard work and research done by some others members. And I'm totally O.K. with that. I know I'll never have the same writing skills and knowledge that some of our best members. And they are the ones that deserve such 'symbolic' prizes.

But I sincerly hope that the people who put that in their sigs won't gather votes this way.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I agree, I put the vote for me in my sig as a joke.

Vote for me and go to heaven.

Like Bush.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
I agree, I put the vote for me in my sig as a joke.

Vote for me and go to heaven.

Like Bush.

Alrighty.......HEY....the devil said I was already going to Hell. Welllll this sux. But the people that put that in their sig are full of it. I havent and will never vote for somone that has "Vote For Me" in their sig.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 01:35 PM
link   
The devil is a repugnant.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Lysergic

D'oh! I actually hadn't seen that you also put that in your sig... So... Don't think I posted this because of you

You're O.K.
lol...
And you did it in a funny way anyway.

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Points are what really matters around here. The forums at ATS offering the most points have the most action. Overall, you have over 1000 posts in ATS versus around 300 posts in BTS on a daily basis.

No one really cares about BTS as evident in the lack of points & participation. It is becoming more evident also that BTS is becoming a trash bin for rejected ATS posts.

It's a good thing this whole virtual place isn't real life. In real life, the maker of a proposal is given a chance to revise it to make it more relevant/appealing/saleable/cost effective etc. before it is rejected outright.

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 08:44 AM
link   
j00 are not your points.

I visit BTS every day

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Questor

No one really cares about BTS as evident in the lack of points & participation. It is becoming more evident also that BTS is becoming a trash bin for rejected ATS posts.

I didnt even think that points are given for posting in the bts forum.......And I have never had a post "trashed" to bts...and I have seen very few if any get removed from ats and moved here unless it was a really dumb topic that obviously does not belong there...

I think your missing the point of bts..

[Edited on 10-1-2004 by McGotti]

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Questor
Points are what really matters around here. The forums at ATS offering the most points have the most action.

Geez, I beg to differ. I'm truely driven only by discussion moods and not need of points. You may say somes peoples are and that I agree.

And if THEY'd shall remove all the points functions and bells & whisltes, my posthing tendancies would be the same.

I still think it's a discussion board, not a points board. I check BTS just as often as I check ATS, altho I usually spend way more time on ATS.

And my opinion about the threads that were "trashed" to BTS is that they were not trashed but were not started in the proper forum. Like people posting off-topic stuff in the RATS forum.

[Edited on 10-1-2004 by m0rbid]

top topics

join