It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: 32 Students taken hostage in Philippines

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Breaking: 32 Students taken hostage in Philippines

news.yahoo.com

MANILA, Philippines - A day-care center owner hijacked a busload of his students and teachers and drove them to Manila's city hall Wednesday to demand better housing and education for the children.

Jun Ducat and at least one other hostage-taker scribbled in large letters on a sheet of paper, taped to the bus' windshield, that they were holding 32 children and two teachers and were armed with two grenades, an assault rifle and a pistol, officer Mark Andal said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Thirty two children are being held along with two teachers. The bus is surrounded by police and SWAT teams. the hostage taker is demanding better housing and education for the children

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 01:14 AM
link   
God I hate hearing stories like this from the Philippines. I have an ex-wife, who has my daughter, and my current wife living there. Conditions for the poor really can be awful there, especially in Manila. This is the wrong way to go about getting change done though.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Just to update this,

asll ended well and none of the children where harmed
news.yahoo.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Interesting. There has been a lot of speculation lately about school bus attacks. This one has all the hallmarks of a covert op. If this had been for real the cops would have killed him on the spot.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Things are VASTLY different in the Philippines than they are in the US. This was just what it said, a man who wanted to make things better for some kids. Life is very hard there, and I've seen the conditions people live in. They're awful. I applaud him for what he wants to do, but not the way he went about doing it.

join