It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ararat and the Ark.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Recently the results of space and aero photography have shown and proved that on top of the Ararat mountain there is some sort of wooden contstruction in a glacier.The huge construction looks remarkably like an Ark,but upto now it still hasn't been found out exactly what it is due to the Turks not allowing foreigners to this part of their country..

The russians did a expedition their recently and described it as a huge construction of fossilized wood that resembles a yacht with a deck the size of a football field.The biggest anchor stones are situated in a different place; the number of stones is big enough to suppose there might have been entire flotilla of ships.

Next year a international expedition is to take place. Turks, Armenians, Americans and Russians will ascend the Ararat Mountain from four sides.

Anyone else got some information on this?

So could this be Noah's Ark?

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Never heard about it TRD.

Could you provide us with a link, i sincerely hope its not that fake ark site

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Yes TRD,

This theory has been around since I was a little girl, and that was a bit ago.

There was actually a VERY good documentary on this about 25 years ago, if I'm placing it right. There was an expedition before, and some good visual data taken (believe there was some sonar done and then some footage). So far there has been nothing "discovered" that can eliminate this as possibly being the ark.

I am very glad that a new expedition is going in. What happened after the last one (2-3 decades ago) is that the government made Ararat "off-limits" to any outsiders. There never was a real good reason why they did that, but I'm glad to hear they've changed their minds. I just wonder what they were doing when no outsiders could come in???

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Nerdling if i had some links i would have posted them i wrote it from bits of info i had gathered.

As far as i can remember a TV company organized the expedition this year..There was only two TV operators and two journalists.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Ok i have this one link thats quite interesting.

"Satellite pictures by ark researcher Porcher Taylor have been especially intriguing. High temperatures in the summer of 2000 caused a meltback of the Mt. Ararat ice cap. Taylor commissioned a commercial satellite company to obtain these pictures of an object about the size of the ark. Of the seven experts invited to examine the pictures four believe the object is man-made."

Link

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I've seen shows about this before and the explorers found nothing. The one site where they thought the ark was was just a bunch of rocks.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Real Deal
Ok i have this one link thats quite interesting.

"Satellite pictures by ark researcher Porcher Taylor have been especially intriguing. High temperatures in the summer of 2000 caused a meltback of the Mt. Ararat ice cap. Taylor commissioned a commercial satellite company to obtain these pictures of an object about the size of the ark. Of the seven experts invited to examine the pictures four believe the object is man-made."

Link

Don't see any photos.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 10:43 AM
link   
A seven-person team of independent scientists and analysts scrutinized the batch of images. While clearly the photos show some type of feature, the team was divided in their interpretation. While some felt the anomaly could be human-made, others voted for rock or deferred to inconclusive data..

"The color of the anomaly is uniquely different from the surrounding strato-volcanic rock. The anomaly seems to be very smooth in texture as compared to the jagged rocks.."

Try these...

link

link

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 04:44 PM
link   
That sounds very interesting...

Could it be we are close to discovering something truly remarkable? Well, I can't wait for this expedition to take place.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 05:07 PM
link   
It seems like everytime they find fossilized wood on a mountian it's NOAH's ARk... but the samples are never anywhere near old enough.

I mean show me any wooden structure, boat or house, that's 4 to 7 thousand years old, and I'll be impressed, Ark or not.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
It seems like everytime they find fossilized wood on a mountian it's NOAH's ARk... but the samples are never anywhere near old enough.

I mean show me any wooden structure, boat or house, that's 4 to 7 thousand years old, and I'll be impressed, Ark or not.

What was that any wooden structure well prepared to be impressed...5,000 yrs old any good for you?

A fleet of the oldest built wooden boats in the world, located in the desert sands of Abydos, Egypt-more than eight miles from the river Nile-are painstakingly being excavated by archeologists. The work is revealing remarkable new evidence about the wealth, power and technological prowess of the earliest days of Egyptian civilization.
To date, 14 of the large vessels, dating from 3000 B.C. and estimated to be between 60 and 80 feet long, have been identified, and a large section of one boat has been exposed, conserved and studied by a team of archeologists from the University of Pennsylvania Museum, Yale University and the Institute of Fine Arts at New York University.

I even found an old BBC news link on it

LINK

Sadly no pictures of them but if anyone finds some feel free to post them..

TRD

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Yup, I've heard about those on Metaresearch I think. Good find. The Egyptians were seafaring.

But I was saying, not every old boat can be the Ark you know? To my knowledge nothing has come close to those. I guess we'll see about the new dig.

Wouldn't something have to be older than 7,000 years to even be in the "noah" (Utnapishtim) time zone?

I prefer saying Utnapishtim since the flood myth is older than Bible: www.historywiz.com...

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Yes i agree with you Rant i'm not too sure if it is the Ark but their is something definatly there so it will be interesting to see what they do find.What gets me is how a structure can be stuck up a mountain encased in a glacier and as i said in my original post "some sort of wooden constuction"..

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 08:13 PM
link   
The United States Airforce has released recently declassified arial photographs of the Ararat mountain range, in these photos their is a clear anomoly which is definatly something of intrest. Ark or not I find it interesting that the Air Force would even be taking pictures of the desolate mountain. These pictures date back to the 1960's I believe. Unfortunatly I have had trouble finding a link to them but i'll continue searching for them.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 11:55 PM
link   
What's funny as hell is that 7,000 years is not nearly long enough to fossilize wood.

[Edited on 12-27-2003 by groingrinder]

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
What's funny as hell is that 7,000 years is not nearly long enough to fossilize wood.

[Edited on 12-27-2003 by groingrinder]

Groingrinder is that right? I don't know how long it takes..

So if it is indeed some sort of structure then it could well be older than 7,000 yrs.As Rant said he thinks Noah's Ark is meant to be more than 7,000 yrs old so who knows..

Anyone know how long it takes to fossilize wood..??

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I believe it takes in order for wood to fully fossilize is 120-130 million years. I remember watching a show that was talking about the ark on a mountain, and the evidence was the satellite photos, but wasn't one of the excuses they couldn't get to it was because it was the headquarters of some radical group that claimed that it gave them protection, because it was a holy dwelling. But nonetheless, ark or not, it would be interesting to look back in the past, if this "boat" were to be researched.

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 06:35 PM
link   
this has been proven to be false

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I remember my friend talking about this quite a while ago. it's an interesting notion.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grouch
this has been proven to be false

Anything more to it than that? Any articles or pointers as to where its been proved as being false..

As i said it may not be "The Ark" but it is definatly something as to what im not sure no one is.Until they do the expedition and find out what it is really then i'll stay open minded.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join