It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof of Fairys discovered *NOT A HOAX (But a fake!)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   
First off i stumbled onto this, i normally do not post for or against the arguement if fairys exist or not. Just seemed to be an interesting find......Decide for yourself......

Mummified Fairy Remains

[edit on 28-3-2007 by TheBandit795]

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   
At first I thought that the link would be to a broadway show...

get it?

anyway.

I don't really know why I clicked on this thread as this subject is a little too "out there." However, the evidence looks compelling at first glance and certainly requires a more in depth look before judgement is passed.

Although right now I'm leaning toward very cool hoax, tomorrow I'll take a closer look and perhaps make more informed judgement.
For now, you get a flag...
treat yourself to a cookie

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   
we need more info and more pictures.....why isn't there more coverage by local media, television stations, etc..?

why the need to hide this and rebury them? this would be one of the greatest finds in human history, something fishy here....i call hoax.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Okay, screw it, sleepiness be damned, I couldn't leave it alone.

First of all, there is only one body being examined, and yet there were supposedly twenty in the barrow. You would take and examine a few...

but no, if it's a hoax then it's much easier to simply make one and say there were more...

AND, apparently this guy is going to return the body to the barrow and reseal it, and NEVER reveal its location...

So we never see this thing again, and his bases are covered. You figure this would be the biggest find, oh say, EVER! And aside from turning the world upside down, there would be BIG cash involved. Big, never work again type cash.

That smells fishy to me.

Also, I can't really believe that the wings would be so perfectly mummified like the rest of the body because they seem so thin, but that's neither here no there. My big problem with the wings is the muscles that would be required to operate them. Fairies as magical creatures are just that, magical, and so are their wings. Fairies as cryptos would have to function in our mundane world with our mundane laws of physics.

The largest muscles in the bird are the muscles that control the wings. They are called the pectorals, or the breast muscles, and make up about 15 - 25% of a bird’s full body weight. They make the birds’ wing stroke very powerful so that they can fly, and provide most of the movements the bird needs for its down stroke. The muscle below the pectorals is the supracoracoideus. It raises the wing when a bird is flying. The supracoracoideus and the pectorals together make up about 25 – 35% of the bird's full body weight.

en.wikipedia.org...

Even with their hollowed out bones, birds need some serious muscle to fly around, and they have the bone structure to support it. Ever notice that when you rip apart a turkey there's a huge plate of bone perpendicular to the table sticking out of the bird's chest? Ever notice all the breast meat bordering this bone?
That there's flyin' muscle.
(And yes, turkeys fly. Domestic, non flying turkeys were bred from wild turkeys that do, in fact, fly)

All birds got flyin' muscle, and lots of it. This fairy could be built like the Terminator and still wouldn't be able to get off of the ground because its bone structure wouldn't allow for the muscle mass required for flight.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   
So fake! On the back where the wings join the body it looks like grass clippings. Nice fake tho I bet it took a long time to make. If it was real that fairy had a great comb over.I guess a little fairy hair gel goes a long way.

[edit on 27-3-2007 by Digital_Reality]

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   
The wings are leaves. Am I the only one that sees this?

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jakeolsen2219
The wings are leaves. Am I the only one that sees this?

You're not alone, the "wings" are very obviously leaves.
This is a total fake.

EDIT:

I'm sure we could even identify the plant it's from without too much difficulty.

[edit on 27/3/2007 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   
very cool, but i don't think it's real. funny how the guys email is bsjoseph....i think we all know what bs stands for

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 01:35 AM
link   
At the very bottom of the page it says:

"I am now in possession of the fairy remains which I plan to return to the barrow shortly. I will then reseal the barrow so that the hollow hill and its contents are not rediscovered.

Sounds awfully suspicious to me.

Definitely a hoax in my book.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Not to burst anyone's bubble (not that anyone here was actually under the impression that these "fairies" were real) but it's very, very fake...
This guy makes "effects" for a living. I.e. he handcrafts "magic" tricks... You'll find similar artefacts for sale on the rest of his site. He does great work, although there's nothing real about any of it...
Lebanon Circle - Effects for Sale
His Blog, and new effects he's working on

I'm curious as to how imeddieone4202003 found the link to the fairies page? I couldn't find a single external link to the page...
No Links to dead fairies.. There's also no links on the Lebanon Main Page to the Dead Fairies page... I.e. you have to know about the fairies page to get there?

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
I'm curious as to how imeddieone4202003 found the link to the fairies page? I couldn't find a single external link to the page...

Hmmm...Nice1 Gem

Can you tell when imeddieone4202003's account was created?? Probably is the same dude...

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zenem
Can you tell when imeddieone4202003's account was created?? Probably is the same dude...

Imeddieone4202003 registered 8-11-2006, and he started couple of valid threads so far, which gives him the benefit of the doubt. The first reaction is to suspect that Imeddieone4202003 and Dan Baines (owner of Lebanon Circle) is the same person, but I'm not going to throw accusations around until Imeddieone explained where he got the link from... Let’s not jump to conclusions.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 02:24 AM
link   

My big problem with the wings is the muscles that would be required to operate them.

Don't forget centre of gravity. I could be completely making this up, and I have no scientific training whatsoever, but it's something that's always bugged me about the imagery we have of winged humanoids. The wings are always located around the shoulder-blades, but wouldn't wings have to be located on the lower back just above the butt to be practical as a method of flight?

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I found the page thru About.com's paranormal section, where i normally browse looking for oddities.

[edit on 28-3-2007 by imeddieone4202003]

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Is this the same guy that does those strange looking mermaid sculptures too? It looks very similiar. That guy also does other strange hybrid mixes of animals and makes them look mummified.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 02:44 AM
link   
For anyone thinking these pics are pictures of actual fairies, I'm selling a bridge that goes between Manhattan and Brooklyn really cheap!

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by imeddieone4202003
I found the page thru About.com's paranormal section, where i normally browse looking for oddities.

[edit on 28-3-2007 by imeddieone4202003]

See. That's a perfectly believable explanation.

Although I still can't find a single link or successful search result in either Google or About.com. Not that it would make any difference. It would just complete the whole picture for me if I knew where the page is linked from...

PS Djohnsto77, How much do you want for that bridge? I'm looking to buy some property in New York...

[edit on 28-3-2007 by Gemwolf]

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Heh, fake, but cute nonetheless.

Reminds me a bit of the fairies in Pan's Labyrinth. Neat find, thanks.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Very nice pictures, but definately fake.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 04:27 AM
link   
lol an excellent hoax! someone really put the time in on that one!

They so have a future in movie special effects! come on hoaxer come forward! your work is good!

Daz Out

top topics

<<   2 >>

join