It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge pulls gun in Florida court

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Child molester thats more than enough for me!

I dont know how many of you have kids, but if anyone would even think of molesting my little girls!!!!!!

It wouldnt have been the judge with a gun a can assure you of that!!

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   
i agree even though its wrong to take justice in your own hands. there is one exception in my book and that is when it comes to children. If someone were to kill or molest my child. I dont think even God could stop me from hurting him/her.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Yet again, people are letting there emotions get in the way of the
civilized justice system.

We have laws for a reason.

I don't care what crime someone commits, the death penalty is
wrong, and makes you as bad or worse than the culprit.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
Yet again, people are letting there emotions get in the way of the
civilized justice system.

We have laws for a reason.

I don't care what crime someone commits, the death penalty is
wrong, and makes you as bad or worse than the culprit.

If you go to Wal-Mart and know that a package of widgets is going to cost $25.00 then you are prepared to pay $25.00. If the cost of doing a certain crime is the death penalty, then you are prepared to pay the price if caught.

If you are not willing to pay the time, you shouldn't do the crime. If you are aware of the cost going in, and you do it, then you pay.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with that.

I am familiar with all the supposed moral arguments against the death penalty, and don't disagree with most of them, matter of fact, however, until the laws are changed (and I'm not holding my breath) then ... Do the crime, pay the time.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 12:33 AM
link   
iori_komei, I agree the death penalty is wrong, and it should be left to God whether a person lives or dies. So if i were in that father's situation i wouldnt want the state to put him to death but i would pray to God that i didnt kill him myself.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I have seen a Judge do something similar to this in a court room in my county. I think with the current laws in my state it created some kind of conflict as I believe the Judges were not supposed to have guns in our court rooms cause at that current time the new level of security made it impossible (as can be) for anyone to get a weapon or gun into the court house, including, Cops, Prisoners, Staff, Security, Bailiffs, Lawyers, and Defendents. So in turn the Judges aren't supposed to come strapped cause there is no reason for it, but alas this judge almost put a round in this particular fellows head during the scuffle (the acused jumped the table nd through a chair at the judge).

~Anathema

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 05:44 AM
link   
This is absolutely hilarious!!!

Does anyone have a vid of this by any chance??!

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 05:47 AM
link   
oh so thats how justice works, judges are allowed to have guns, but civilians are sent to jail if they have one, brilliant.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 06:10 AM
link   
What madness. Of course it happened in Floriduh.

A courtroom is no place for concealed weapons in a civilized society.

The court police should be competent enough to ensure that anyone entering the courtroom is not carrying a weapon. Frisk them, make them pass through metal detectors. This is not rocket science.

It's appalling that the FL state legislature has written into the laws that judges can play Dirty Harry.

And we backslide yet another notch...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join