It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian intelligence sees U.S. military buildup on Iran border

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I suppose,
But still this is all conflicting I suppose.
This is Russia telling us at the moment.

Your saying there's no chance we are placing large quantities of offensive aspects on the border.

So why would Russia be throwing this potentially devestating red herring into the mix ?

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 11:46 PM
link   
This isn't the first time Russia has said we're going to sneak attack someone on a certain date. It's probably the third or fourth. But if they're telling Iran, maybe they're trying to pressure Iran into a diplomatic solution with the UK and US. But the whole point of a "Sneak Attack" is to SURPRISE your target. Iran might know that it's inevitable, but the idea is to keep the actual date from them for as long as possible. And you can't do that if you're putting offensive troops right on their border days, or even weeks in advance.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I'm not one to believe predictions and all these doom and gloom scenarios, but there is too much going on about Iran for something not to happen.

It is a buildup just like before Iraq... the only thing missing is the false flag...

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kristol n Stauss
Use your heads,

They watched as Iraq was destroyed, and they learnt how it was destroyed.

You clearly think little of them. As if they are going to do all this, watch you prepare to do what you did to Iraq, and not prepare and ready themselves to STOP it.

These people invented Algebra.
Yet, you think they are stupid enough to simply allow themselves to be destroyed in a matter of hours?

Your under-estimating, the same way you under-estimated Iraqi's.

No offense is intended or implied here Kristol, but it hasn't been that many years ago that the Irani were involved in a decade long war with the backward Iraqi, losing probably hundreds of thousands of men and the Universe knows how much equipment ... All in an unsuccessful attempt to wipe out a people that they thought were sub-human.

The problem as I see it, is that when anyone over there gets their dandruff up, it has to be a blood lust thing. It has to be a Gotterdamerung (bad German spelling), a twilight of the Gods with all the attendant drama, death, and dismemberment.

If GW is that unhinged (and I'm not necessarily denying that possibility), and they know it, and they know that Israel and a few others are simply chomping at the bit to have a go at them ... And still they proceed, then yes ... That borders on stupid. Enraging a rabid dog while it is in striking distance and fully capable simply rattles my reality.

It will be ugly. I think, much like the Iraqis originally figured, that the Irani believe we will go charging in, and it will be a war with rivers of blood, frying American entrails on electric fences and that other nonsense that Baghdad Bob spewed in the early days of the war. That is, essentially, what they long for. At the risk of sounding bigoted (and I certainly am not) it almost sounds to me that all out war, and copious blood spilling, is the method of choice for settling things in the Middle East.

I don't want to see it happen anymore than anyone else does, and probably less than most (I have/had a number of good friends over there prior to the abdication of the Shah, and assume many of them are still alive and kicking) ... But I suspect that if Dub does go in, he won't go in in anyway that will give the Irani military a fighting chance.

As a final thought, and apropos of absolutely nothing being discussed here, I have often thought that Baghdad Bob should have suffered no castigation for doing his job so well, and instead, probably should have been offered a job on CNN, MSNBC, CBS, or Fox News.

edited to add final thought about Baghdad Bob, the wunderkind of news and propoganda reporting.

[edit on 28-3-2007 by sigung86]

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAvenger
I can hardly wait to see Iran engage the U.S. Air Force with their "air force".
What a joke!

Your really that confident that Iran, the creators of Algebra.. are just waiting for us to obliterate them?
America is a strong military yes, its not Iraq your correct.
But they arent idiots.
There not sitting there saying
'' Thankgod we took these 15 soliders, Id hate to be destroyed with nothing to show for my efforts ''
Iran do have something up their sleave, its very idiotic to believe otherwise.
Thankfully, im sure the airforce/navy arent using your logic.
[edit on 27-3-2007 by Kristol n Stauss]

Arrogance will get nobody anywhere..

Iran cannot contend with the United States and Britain.. very few, if anyone can...... which is why we are called the last remaining "super power" .. go figure eh?

Irans current army is weaker then Saddams army in the early 1990's.. which was destroyed in several days....... we actually killed so many people so fast Bush's advisors called it "over kill" and we pulled out..

Iran will first fight conventionally .. as Maloy put it, throw random rockets.. and be destroyed.. conventionally.. while we simultaneously destroy the entire military / civilian / nuclear infrastructure..

But why are we puffing our chest.. US will win.. its obvious and besides the point. We are discussing IF the US will attack, WHEN and WHY... not HOW because we all know HOW.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   
President Ahmenijad of Iran has threatened to wipe Israel off the map.

Iranian troops captured fifteen UK service men.

Iran has been supplying Iraqi insurgents with weapons.

Iran is constructing nuclear facilities and pushing hard towards securing "the bomb". For all we know, they already have it.

Sometimes when you study history, you'll ask yourself: WHY DIDN'T ANYBODY SEE THIS COMING? Read old news that came out before WW2. Hitler and his aggression stared the world right square in the eyes and we didn't do anything about it until he had damn near conquered all of Europe.

The war in Iraq was a mistake. But we can't look at every foreign conflict like it's going to be the next Iraq or next Vietnam. If we do, we'll unknowingly let something terrible happen.

As far as i'm concerned right now on March 28, Iran is just asking for war. And that's precisely what they'll get.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by sigung86

No offense is intended or implied here Kristol, but it hasn't been that many years ago that the Irani were involved in a decade long war with the backward Iraqi, losing probably hundreds of thousands of men and the Universe knows how much equipment ...
The problem as I see it, is that when anyone over there gets their dandruff up, it has to be a blood lust thing. It has to be a Gotterdamerung (bad German spelling), a twilight of the Gods with all the attendant drama, death, and dismemberment.

Yes, but they are the youngest nation on the planet now.
How large is their 16-30 population age?
And as of late they have been purchasing sophisticad weaponry.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 12:23 AM
link   
All of this news is VERY suspect to me. Does anyone know anything about that "Russian News-source"? None of the other major news outlets in the world are saying anything about this. Im raising the BS Flag on this one until proven otherwise.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Iran cannot contend with the United States and Britain.. very few, if anyone can...... which is why we are called the last remaining "super power" .. go figure eh?

Irans current army is weaker then Saddams army in the early 1990's.. which was destroyed in several days....... we actually killed so many people so fast Bush's advisors called it "over kill" and we pulled out..

Arrogance?
Thats right rockpuck.
Tell me, Iraq seem to be contending very well with the US , Britian, Australian forces.... what makes Iran any different? especially after the US and british spread their offensive ability out.

Your super power status means nothing. At the moment, anyone with nuclear weapons and a sustainable economy are equal on par, you all have the ability to destroy mankind. Just because the US can do it quicker means nothing.

Iran are MORE than Iraq were in the 89/90 war.
Look at the weapons?, Iran have put rockets into space.
Iran fought a war, and BEAT iraq.

Iran are a LOT stronger than Iraq were, or are.

And if you strike them, you may conventially beat them, but they will continue the Iraqi insurgency in a lot more violent and deadly fashion.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   
We're not going to OCCUPY Iran like we did in Iraq. The main mission will be to remove their nuclear capabilities, which we can do with air strikes alone.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
We're not going to OCCUPY Iran like we did in Iraq. The main mission will be to remove their nuclear capabilities, which we can do with air strikes alone.

Ok, but do you expect Iran to just peacefully live side by side with an American occupied Iraq afterwards?
They are going to retaliate.
America, Iraq, Britain and Israel will not sit idly by when they start retaliating at will.
So instead of taking out the nuclear plants, your going to hit what offensive/military sites are left.
If they are down to suicide soliders or terrorist attacks, who are you going to hit then? the government.
Striking at their nuclear plants will lead to all out war.

Going in and simply hitting the nuclear sites will not end theyre hatred for you.
Especially being, in their logic, that they did nothing to provoke the attack.
After all, we are yet to see evidence of nuclear weapons.

[edit on 28-3-2007 by Kristol n Stauss]

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I'm not going to dismiss the possibility that US/UK forces are actually massing on the Iranian border for an all-out attack on Iran. However....

There are perfectly logical reasons to place troops along the Iran-Iraq border without having an "invasion scenario" in mind. Namely, the troops might be in the area to secure the borders. It's as simple as that.

The US forces have been reporting that men and materiel have been smuggled into Iraq to be used as insurgents against Allied forces and against the Iraqi people; against allied forces to try to negate their efforts to pacify Iraq and against the Iraqi people in an effort to bring about a full scale civil war. The fact that Iran holds no great affection for Iraq is also a factor.

The idea that the US would have a preemptive strike against Iran's nuclear capabilities is very real. But, in my opinion, any such strike would be almost entirely delivered by air-strikes and missiles. There is no need to use ground forces. The purpose of any attack on Iran's nuclear capabilities would be to simply destroy the infrastructure of their nuclear programs. Doing this can delay their program for years. In that time, anything can happen. Perhaps the present radical Islamic regime will have collapsed.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Arrogance?
Thats right rockpuck.
Tell me, Iraq seem to be contending very well with the US , Britian, Australian forces.... what makes Iran any different? especially after the US and british spread their offensive ability out.

Your super power status means nothing. At the moment, anyone with nuclear weapons and a sustainable economy are equal on par, you all have the ability to destroy mankind. Just because the US can do it quicker means nothing.

Iran are MORE than Iraq were in the 89/90 war.
Look at the weapons?, Iran have put rockets into space.
Iran fought a war, and BEAT iraq.

Iran are a LOT stronger than Iraq were, or are.

And if you strike them, you may conventially beat them, but they will continue the Iraqi insurgency in a lot more violent and deadly fashion.

Less then 3,500 casualties.. this makes Desert Storm 2 the second least deadliest war in American history.. aside from Desert Storm 1
Maybe the Spanish American War as well.. they certainly are no Vietnamese..

Dont let the media tell you we are "loosing" because insurgents destroy one another........ I always say look at Kurdistan, but politics say your not allowed to do that..

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Kurdistan is not Iraq.
Thats why you cannot say ' we arent losing, because of Kurdistan '
Your more than losing, you lost what ever you had gained, and losing daily.

3,500 casualties...
That number is under high suspicions, I wont even debate it.

But you were meant to be met with rose pedals, and open arms?
Instead you were meant with resiliant Iraqi's.

Again, Iran is not Iraq.
you dont have to believe me, because your poor soliders on the ground will be the ones to face that reality.

Iraq had been weakened by years of sanctions, by constant air strikes.
You had the mentality of 911 behind you when you entered.

NOW?

Your facing a nation who hasnt been starved by sanctions.
Who has been purchasing military hardware.
And who's people are very happy to die, as long as they kill you.
Plus, your mentality has changed dramatically. Your not hitting them to secure your country against another 911, your hitting them because theyre attacking you after the truth about Iraq's been released.
Your attacking them to protect Israel.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 01:14 AM
link   

OK..

America will attack Iran and Iran will become the next super power, and then my friend, I will buy you a drink.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 01:16 AM
link   

What a joke!

Just our two Carriers in the Persian gulf have as many planes as half of their entire Air Force. That is something to think about. The United States has more combat aircraft than the rest of NATO combined.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 01:17 AM
link   

OK..

America will attack Iran and Iran will become the next super power, and then my friend, I will buy you a drink.

One, we are not friends.
Two, Why turn this decent debate ( rare on these boards as of late ) into an immature one with comments like that ?

Again I say, Your saying we will wipe the floor with Iran, like we did Iraq.
You say Iraq were STRONGER then than Iran is now.
How do you come to that conclusion, being Iran havent been sanctioned, have been purchasing arms, have the largest population of young peoples, and also have the moral highground?

Im not saying they are going to win,
But Im saying your dead wrong if you think your going to wipe the floor with them, with no major resistance or losses on your side.

You will be made to understand that this time its a WAR, not an occupation over a miserable, puney little country.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Zaphod,

Why wouldnt these forces being built up be specifically defensive, to stop an onslaught of iranian tanks troops towards the US forces in Iraq?

We have plenty of A-10s and AH-64 Apaches in Iraq and Afghanistan to hold off any Iranian "offensive".

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

Zaphod,

Why wouldnt these forces being built up be specifically defensive, to stop an onslaught of iranian tanks troops towards the US forces in Iraq?

We have plenty of A-10s and AH-64 Apaches in Iraq and Afghanistan to hold off any Iranian "offensive".

Probably,

so what interest it of Russia's, to provoke the Iranians by stating such?

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

What a joke!

Just our two Carriers in the Persian gulf have as many planes as half of their entire Air Force. That is something to think about. The United States has more combat aircraft than the rest of NATO combined.

What about when those carriers are sunk?
What do you have left in terms of an airforce in the area?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join