It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cascades - Disturbing Activity at St Helens & Rainier!!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   
This is just a FYI.

Volcanic Unrest in Mount St. Helens Crater

Seismologists believe there's an increased likelihood of a hazardous event at Mount St. Helens due to a strengthening series of earthquakes at the volcano.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I sure hope Helens isn't aggravating Rainier!

Look at Rainier's webicorders...

www.ess.washington.edu...

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I hate even thinking if what would happen if Rainier goes BOOOM.

The potential loss of life and destruction are almost beyond imagination.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I wonder it the Rainier quakes are simply the stronger St Helens ones being picked up further away?

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Andy

It very well could be that...and let's hope that's the case!

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Imagine the descruction if helens and rainier exploded at the same time

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Imagine the descruction if helens and rainier exploded at the same time

Elaborate further; what sort of destruction would we see ?

Deep

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Rainier is doing something! It's not just picking up Helen's activity!

w00t w00t

www.pnsn.org...

Grandfather's talking to her...oh brother.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   
That explains the fart smell on top of Mt. Hood

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I live in Seattle so of course because of the activity at st helens and rainier thats all the news is covering. When Mt. St. Helens had its big errruption there were small earthquakes up to 3.0 for a week and then for I think it was a month there were quakes up to 4.0. After like 56 days the volcano eruppted. Earthquakes have been getting bigger every night. scientists are monitering the action from the observatory that looks directly into the crater at St. Helens. Last I heard the lava dome inside had grown 5 feet, They are preparing for a small erruption, mostly ash that if it were to happen right now with the current wind flows would head sounth to oregon, move around northern california, hit So. Cal. curve and move north again towards nevada. Nothing really to worry about. They have put Washington States emergency crew at fort lewis on watch. But the real thing to worry about is if it set Mt. Rainier off. If that happens, Seattle would be covered in Ash and debris.

kix

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
If Rainier erupts, the towns all the way to th e pacific ocean would be swept way by lahars of 31 feet high in some areas, also the forest devastation would be complete and that is only on earth if there is a big plume of ash (pinatubo like) it will mean ash covering 40 miles and ash traveling to Portland all the way to seattle /vancouver (depending on wind), Air traffic to the Orient from th ewest coast would be kaput, traffic along SF LA to SEA and POR ..also gone...for how long? ask Mr. Rainier....

MAn I live 60 miles away from an active volcano larger than Rainier and believe me when it hick up a little bit the ash gets this far...!!!

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
They've been talking about Rainer's activity alot lately....even so much as a year ago, when I was there on business. I remember my wife being worried about it...

Man, that would be BAD news...

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Well, Rainier is just getting jickier:

It does appear to be picking up MSH's because the events coincide, but there's something that bothers me. (By the way the MSH webicorder below is the new June Lake webicorder...it has a bit more delineation between events that helps to do a comparison.)

If you get both of these open in separate windows and lined up at the same time you see that the events at Rainier are coincident with the events at MSH. But here's what bothers me:

Look at the event on the MSH webicorder at say time 16:00. See how it has a long-period portion that has an extremely small magnitude. Now, flip over to the Rainier webicorder and look at the event at 16:00. It also has the long-period portion of the event and at a not appreciably diminished magnitude!

The problem this could reflect (IMHO) is that there is a wave traveling through a magmatic channel (i.e. same big pot of magma). Now, if MHS were to blow significant enough to have a large resultant magma flow, there could be the chance that a "draw" on Rainier could occur.

Now, in this post that I made many moon ago, I speculated on the thixotropy and gel strength that could possibly come into play in magma columns:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Basically, if you take into account a magma column being "capped" by a thixotropic layer of magma, then what you're looking at is a stopper on top of a pressurized column of fluid. Now, the magma capping this isn't necessarily solid, but has achieved a sufficient gel strength to act semi-solid (read the above post). If a draw-down were to occur below this cap (i.e. some of the molten magma column were to be drawn toward MSH), then a dynamic flow situation would ensue below the cap. The evacuated region would cause an insufficient hydraulic head to maintain the pressurized column below.

So...if the ELP traces we are seeing are indications of communication between MSH and Rainier, I think it's worth keeping an eye on!

[edit on 9-30-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Fopr those who are interested it is friday at 1:40p in Seattle and Mt. St. Helens is having a small eruption right now. Its all over the news and radio here

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Long-period event at Rainier at 1900 hours PDT last night, not associated with any MSH event.

Mount Fremont/Mt. Rainier Webicorder

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Long-period event at Rainier at 1900 hours PDT last night, not associated with any MSH event.

Mount Fremont/Mt. Rainier Webicorder

YIKES

What the hell is going on with the ring of fire?

Magnetic poll shift?

Weakening magnetic field?

There seems to be more activity everywhere.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Another event at Mount Fremont/Rainier that was not a MHS event.

Mount Fremont/Rainier Webicorder

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   
See the expression on Monica's face dosen't she look like one of those inflatable dolls sold in sex shops maybe thats why a certain party took the liberties he did.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Another one happened...and they're getting bigger

Mt. Rainier Webicorder

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
After seeing the activity at St. Helens the recent activity at Rainier doesn't concern me... YET. The quakes at St Helens were one on top of another all day long. Does anyone know the history of Rainier?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join