It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cascades - Disturbing Activity at St Helens & Rainier!!

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   
from the webcam site

VolcanoCam Update For Wednesday, August 03, 2005

VolcanoCam Views Update @ 11:01 am PDT - A fair amount of dust and ash is being kicked up by Easterly and South-Easterly winds. The winds are hitting the crater from an angle that it normally does not blow and kicking up dust and ash that has not been affected by winds for several months. You are not viewing an ash emission!

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Thought this might be of interest.

Earthquakes At Mount St. Helens Collapse Dome

It shows the dome before it collasped and after.

Today, news came to us of the collapse of the resurgent dome at Mt. St. Helens. There have been a number of small earthquakes in the range of 3.0 over the last 2 weeks at Mt. St. Helens. Scientists monitoring this claim to be a loss to explain the cause.

www.king5.com...

standeyo.com...

I would upload the pic but don't know how.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lanotom

standeyo.com...

While both articles were good -- this was the most interesting quote from that site to me

a snippet from
August 2, 2005
The Daily News, Washington
Scientists say a more explosive eruption, possibly dropping ash within a 10-mile radius of the crater, is possible at any time.

In light of that statement alone I think it is worthwhile to check in on the MSH webcam site from time to time just to see what is going on with it.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I find it hard to believe that 6 MPH winds are causing all that activity.

www.wrh.noaa.gov...

Also every burp I've witnessed flowed in the same wind direction that the supposed dust is flowing.

Originally posted by worldwatcher
from the webcam site

VolcanoCam Update For Wednesday, August 03, 2005

VolcanoCam Views Update @ 11:01 am PDT - A fair amount of dust and ash is being kicked up by Easterly and South-Easterly winds. The winds are hitting the crater from an angle that it normally does not blow and kicking up dust and ash that has not been affected by winds for several months. You are not viewing an ash emission!

[edit on 9-8-2005 by asala]

[edit on 9-8-2005 by asala]

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
yeah does seem odd doesn't it, especially when the current wind conditions linked to same site says winds are calm.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
So what does this all mean? Any ideas?

This guy (link below) is issuing a red alert, although this is the only source I was able to find this on so I don't know how reliable it is.

Expected Earthquake, Volcanic or Storm Activity
for the Next 5 Days

** RED ALERT **
standeyo.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 05:34 AM
link   
GUYS! What the heck happened last night???

The Old Dome and New Dome webicorders went offline at the exact same time.

www.pnsn.org...

www.pnsn.org...

And then look at the webcam images! Was there a full moon last night? The mountain is perfectly visible at about 1 a.m. Pacific time! And then in a 5 minute period everything went black! I'm off to capture the webcam images before they fall off.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 05:42 AM
link   

[edit on 8-5-2005 by Valhall]

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Woa! What in sam hill is going on here???

I just noticed the times on those. The webcam archive page when I captured those (see the time of my post right before the pics) had not updated in hours! Those are from yesterday evening about 7-8 p.m. PT.
NOW - it's completely updated and every one of those images is gone. And, no, I hadn't had the webcam page up prior to loading it this morning...so it was an un-refreshed page or something.

This is weird.

P.S. The GOOD NEWS IS that since the webcam page had the images of last night, those pictures go right with the same time the New and Old Dome webicorders went out!

What are the odds of that!?

*valhall shakes head in confusion*

[edit on 8-5-2005 by Valhall]

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Val you noticed the time on the webcams but did you notice the date for some reason they had April 10th pictures up not August 4th. So that is strange also.

Anyone know why I have to scroll this page waaay over to read the posts -- they seem to be way bigger than normal?? It isn't happening in all threads but this one is weird. There are just a few others that are doing it also.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 06:51 AM
link   
NO I DIDN'T!

What the heck???

Weirdness abounds.

(p.s. - No, I don't know why this thread is wide for you - it's not for me.)

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   
If you want to see something totally cool go to
link

and do the August 8th movie (the second picture down) I am amazed!!!

Hope you all feel the same.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   
That was really cool. Thanks and imagin that happened in only 8 days, think what could happen in a month. I will be watching this to see how it goes. There seems to be alot happening there at this time

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
justme1640,

Wicked, scary..Thanks for finding and sharing that one..!

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Oh my gosh! That looks like something out of a movie.

Holy moly.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by justme1640
link

Thanks for the link, what I noticed was an almost imperceptable growth of the mountain (that collapsed) in the upper left hand quadrant. Keep an eye on it and you'll notice it jump up a bit. This is still building...

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   
keybored I agree that it is still growing -- I don't notice what you are talking about -- most likely I don't have as good a monitor or as large a one as you to see it a well - but I do think it warrants watching for sure.

I have to say I am glad I am on the other side of the country and not right under that.
\

edited to add -- I don't have to scroll over anymore

[edit on 9-8-2005 by justme1640]

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Well, it was one mejium size burp!

Is there a site that you can go to and find out what spectogram readings mean such as Reiner has been for the last two says ? I hope I post this right . Huck

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by justme1640
link

What got me was the scale of that thing once I saw the other pictures...

In other words, that's a pretty good size chunk-o-rock cropping up there...

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 06:54 AM
link   
*BEEEEELCH!*

external image
Just another one of those hickups...

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join