It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cascades - Disturbing Activity at St Helens & Rainier!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 10:21 AM
link   
ive studied mt st helens in geography for my GCSE's, (nothing compared to a levels and university degrees)

mt st helens had many earthquakes around it in the days and weeks before the eruption we all know about, the earthquakes got progressivly more violent until the volcano eventually erupted.

by my guess all these earthquakes mean there is an eruption coming soon, dont take my word for it tho, im no professional

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling

Originally posted by Valhall
It could have initiated something in the Cascades!

Initiated what what with the who who?

Your a student of eschatology val, isnt there something about a major earthquake before the end time?

Yes.

"There will be earthquakes in diverse places." And then also in the Revelation there is a major earthquake.

But also, there is a North American Indian legend about Mt. Rainier and the Three Sisters.

"When grandfather calls the granddaughters will answer."

(i.e. Mt. Rainier is grandfather, 3 sisters are the graddaughters - When Mt. Rainier blows, so will 3 sisters)

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 10:30 AM
link   
sounds nasty for you people in the US, im ok over here in the UK (i hope)

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Okay, after reviewing the webicorders again, I now see this activity is coming from Mt. Rainier, not Mt. St. Helens. Even though St. Helens has had a lot more activity in the past week than normal, I think our bigger problem is what is happening under Mt. Rainier.

So I've changed the title of this thread.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Maybe Grandpa is calling after all, the effects of 4 eruptions would be devastating to the local area.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 10:33 AM
link   
yeh, well lets hope none as are as bad as the mt st helens eruption, coz then the local people and area are in for it.......

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 10:35 AM
link   
When Rainier goes it's going to make St. Helens look like a party-popper.

Rainier is the big threat up there.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 10:37 AM
link   
its gonna be worse than the mt st helens??? as in the eruption that was equal to one (hiroshima)nuke a second???

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Here is a very good thread on Rainier.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now that it looks like what I'm talking about is Rainier, mods/admin may want to delete this thread and I can post my info to energy_wave's thread.

That'll be okay by me.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Here is why I believe it is coming from Mt. Rainier:

www.ess.washington.edu...

This webicorder is VERY VERY jicky right now.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Okay, at this point, maybe this thread needs to be what the hell is happening in the Cascades?

Of interest:

Rockport, North Cascades
Jim Creek, West Cascades
Glacier Peak West
Green Mt Kitsap
Longmire, Mt. Rainier
Mount Hood
Moon Mt. - 3 sisters
Dodson Butte

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 11:29 AM
link   
what are the cascades val?

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Cascades mountain range in Washington and Oregon. Then you have the Olympics up there as well.

Here is a good USGS site that lists all the Cascade volcanoes.

Seattle sits basically at the foot of Mt. Rainier.

vulcan.wr.usgs.gov...

Also, I'll throw in this little factoid from the hazards assessment page on Mt. Rainier:

"Mount Rainier at 4393 meters (14,410 feet) the highest peak in the Cascade Range is a dormant volcano whose load of glacier ice exceeds that of any other mountain in the conterminous United States. This tremendous mass of rock and ice, in combination with great topographic relief, poses a variety of geologic hazards, both during inevitable future eruptions and during the intervening periods of repose. "

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Okay, things are getting weirder.

Longmire webicorder on Rainier has gone offline.

EDIT: nope, I'm wrong...but it is lagging and there is an approximate 2 minute delay in rt data being posted on this webicorder compared to others.

[Edited on 27-12-2003 by Valhall]

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I don't know a thing about this topic but reading it made me think back to the thread about yellowstone park. Could all this activity not lead to that blowing?

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I live in Washington State and I remember the St.Helen's eruption, it looked like night-time at 2:00 in the afternoon. When Ranier decides to finally go, it's gonna be much worse, but an event at Yellowstone would eclipse anything experienced my modern humans.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 08:12 PM
link   
mt st helens has been goin nuts! no big earthquakes but almost constant activity

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Has anyone compared all of this activity to that in the past?

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I remember a Discover Magazine cover story on Mt. Reiner (still have it) that disclosed that the Mountain was overdue for an eruption. The movie, Dantes Peak was released about the same time in relation to what it would be like if Mt. Reiner erupted.

I would not worry if the quakes were coming from Mt. St. Helens because that mountain doesn't have enough mass on its cone to do much damage if it erupts again. I would be frightening if the event was coming from Mt. Reiner or even Mt. Hood. There have been small quakes coming from Mt. Hood in the past. Someone had even told me that many years back when flying a small plane around the summit of Hood, could smell the stinky sulfer emissions, an indicator of an active volcano.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 09:41 PM
link   
i live within sight of mt Baker (the northernmost volcano in Wa state) it is about 100 miles or so north of Ranier. it isn't all that unusual to see a steam plume from the peak especially on a cold clear winter morning. one of the big dangers is that there are several glaciers on the mountain that would melt during an eruption as well as over 100 inches of snow with more on the way. if it did erupt the melted ice and snow alone would devastate several small cities and towns they haven't found any magma movement in the mountain the people around here figure that if we keep seeing the steam that it is releasing the pressure and that is a good thing

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join