It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cascades - Disturbing Activity at St Helens & Rainier!!

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Do you figure this just mght be a trigger event?

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
Do you figure this just mght be a trigger event?

I don't think it's close enough to Ranier/St. Helens to directly trigger any activity there. However, looking at the USGS maps it is a lot closer to Yellowstone than I would like to see.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
My little side vent seems to be venting a bit today -- There was a pretty good puff about 2 and a half hours ago from the main vent followed by a decent one from the side vent 10 minutes later.

Can any of you verify it that was anywhere near the time of the quake in Montana to see if there was any relationship. I'm not sure if it might be too far away or not myself.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   
WHAT THE HECK IS THIS??? MT. RAINIER WEBICORDERS!
This is at 16:20 to 16:30...this is NOT when the Montana earthquake occurred!

www.pnsn.org...

www.pnsn.org...

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Check out this picture of the difference in the MSH dome in one hour today ..... I can see that some more of the old white part has collapsed some more but does it look like the whole thing also grew in that time period?

MSH Picture

What do you all think? Or maybe it just twisted the white part a bit more towards the camera?

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   
My guess is that a goodly sized chunk fell INTO the hole...not towards the camera. the tip off is the wee round rock just to the left of the white scarp.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   
You guys - if you don't pay attention to what I'm saying I'm going to start stomping my feet! Something's going on at Rainier!!!!

www.pnsn.org...

www.pnsn.org...

www.pnsn.org...

www.pnsn.org...

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Thankfully it's not harmonic tremors yet. I feel great though--I'd been waiting to move to Washington for about 6 years, finally get up here before St. Helens wakes up. If that wasn't bad enough, now Rainier. And I'm roughly smack in between...

Well, gotta go sometime, and at least it'll be a hell of a show if they both go off together. Might even be getting Yellowstone to vent a little for good measure

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I e-mailed a couple of siesmologists a few weeks ago about those webcorder readings. They all say that it is backround noise. yeah right. The Rainer readings have been very strange for about a month now. I don't know what is going on, but I would like to compare them to what St. Helens webcorder readings were before it blew in 1980. Does anyone know how to get those?

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Apparently old faithful isn't faithful anymore, on the order of hours after its due, also its changed colour to a dark black

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by picard_is_actually_a_grey
Apparently old faithful isn't faithful anymore, on the order of hours after its due, also its changed colour to a dark black

I have one thing to say...MoF!

wait two

RUN AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Looks like it was pretty much on time tonight and it didn't look black - but I might have gotten lucky when I went to the web cam -- This is the first time I have actually seen it blow and I have been watching it on and off for awhile.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Still some jicky activity registering on Rainer's webicorders:

www.pnsn.org...

www.pnsn.org...

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Val, thnx for keeping us aware of what's going on in the Cascades, I'm not entirely sure how you all feel about intuition, but everytime I read Ranier in this thread I got a shiver down my spine. I for one am aware of the potential this event has. Nothing any of us can do other than wait and see, but by all indications, she's awakening.

Stay safe!

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   
BELCH-O-RAMA!

Oh my goodness.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   
wow that's a big burp, looking at the cam, it all clear now, how did it dissapate so quickly?

well i just realized I'm looking at it 20 minutes later...so I think i answered my own question

[edit on 7-29-2005 by worldwatcher]

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Holy smokes! They removed that picture.

Why? That is a conspiricy if I ever saw one. 1 minute it was there now it's gone.

Edit.

Now it's back. Thats weird. It must have been when it refreshed another stayed in place. Hmmm...

[edit on 29-7-2005 by Lanotom]

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
A quake at 10:04:26 AM

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Then at 10:05:51 the puffy stuff.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Yeah! A 3.2!!!

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   
BRAND NEW VENT!

That makes SIX places we've seen vent in the past two weeks. This whole farking mountain is venting.

The scientists have said that if she blows again it won't be as bad as 1980's because so much of the crater is gone now. BUT THAT WAS WHEN THE WHOLE MOUNTAIN WASN'T VENTING!!!

RUN
A
WAY!

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join