It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most distinct guitarists.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Favorite distinctive guitarists - hell yeah....

I have to start with Eddie. When the first Van Halen album was released everything changed.

Randy Rhoades - one of my all time favorite guitarists.

Al DiMeola - smooth and intricate.

Mike Batio - a technical wizard and lightening fast, plays right and left handed - over and under the neck. Incredible. I got to play guitar with him at a show he did years ago. Very cool He would get my vote for best guitarist in the world. I know that sparks a debate about genre but my reasoning is this: he can do anything anyone else can do, then continue on and do things no one else can do. Think about it...

SRV - so 'in the zone', soul dripping from every note. Amazing.

Frank Marino - one of the most unique sounds ever. I may be the only one he ever told how he does that. :-)

Michael Shenker - his style and mine are so similar I could almost play his next album before it came out.

Paul Gilbert - outright speed merchant. RIP

Chris Cafferey - Fast, clean, versatile, and so energetic its contagious. (Savatage and TSO)

Yngwie - you have to love the sweep arpeggio, and the blended modes. Neo-classical at its best.

Katsu Ohta - very similar to Yngwie but maybe a little faster.

Takayoshi Ohmura - see above.

Sungha Jung - child prodigy, awesome talent. His method of blending the rhythm and melody line of the song in his arrangements is amazing. His version of 'My Heart Will Go On' (theme song from Titanic) is awesome! I love the glider he uses in that video on youtube too. Very cool.

Thats my short list... I am a huge fan of guitar and always have been.

Oh, one more for the road - Roy Clark - amazing speed and treats it like its no big deal.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Johnny Mar
Paul Kossof
Robin Trower

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join