It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ET's religion

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I have seen many times people say that if ETs show up many people would have their religious convictions shattered.

The last time I saw someone say it, it made me think of one thing:

If there are intelligent beings on another planets, do you think they have any kind of religion? If they do, what kind of religion? If you think they do not have any religion, then why?

Does anyone have any idea (or information
) about this?

Just curious.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
From what I have learned of aliens the only religion they have is self-worship. They try to tell people that the human race is the result of the alien's genetic experiments. That is blasphemy from the Christian point of view.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkyWay
From what I have learned of aliens the only religion they have is self-worship. They try to tell people that the human race is the result of the alien's genetic experiments. That is blasphemy from the Christian point of view.

Sounds like a good life plan to me. At least they don't resort to the f-word (faith, the biggest con game ever perpetrated) to confirm the existence of that which they worship. They probably have a lot less idiots running around willing to fight, kill, and die for something that may or may not exist/have existed in the first place.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Inca_Roads

Sounds like a good life plan to me. At least they don't resort to the f-word (faith, the biggest con game ever perpetrated) to confirm the existence of that which they worship. They probably have a lot less idiots running around willing to fight, kill, and die for something that may or may not exist/have existed in the first place.

That sounds like a good life plan to you!?! You like the idea of being treated like a lab rat? That's the alien way of relating to humans...just material for their experiments. Is that what you want? NOT ME!!!

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   

That sounds like a good life plan to you!?! You like the idea of being treated like a lab rat? That's the alien way of relating to humans...just material for their experiments. Is that what you want? NOT ME!!!

You're kidding yourself if you don't think you're already a "lab rat" for the present religions, the media, the governments, and so on.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by danx

You're kidding yourself if you don't think you're already a "lab rat" for the present religions, the media, the governments, and so on.

I have never been abducted by any religion and put through the kind of torments that alien abductees have been subjected to.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   

I have never been abducted by any religion and put through the kind of torments that alien abductees have been subjected to.

Even though I believe in extra-terrestrial life and that it would make sense for them to study us, can we please refrain from comparing the "side effects" of religion with something that hasn't been proven yet?

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by danx

Even though I believe in extra-terrestrial life and that it would make sense for them to study us, can we please refrain from comparing the "side effects" of religion with something that hasn't been proven yet?

How many millions more need to be abducted and tortured by aliens before you will be convinced. As far as I am concerned there is enough abductee evidence to convince me that the aliens are evil and abusive.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Thanks for your answer SkyWay

I had read about the humans being the result of alien's experiments, but I was not aware that they had (apparently) told it themselves.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
Thanks for your answer SkyWay

I had read about the humans being the result of alien's experiments, but I was not aware that they had (apparently) told it themselves.

I do believe that even on the thread on this site that sleeper started he says that the aliens claim to be our creators. The aliens are trying to set themselves up in the place of God. Actually, they are no more God than we are.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
There are even some reports by people that have been abducted that the aliens are going to be humanity's saviours by rescuing their chosen from the coming cataclysms that are going to strike this Earth. The aliens want people to see them as saviours, which is in direct contradiction to the Christian faith, and is another example of alien/demonic blasphemy.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Assuming an advanced race, far more superior in technology to us, then I would certainly hope they are scientists, skeptics, atheists.

I'm sure they don't believe things based on no evidence and 2nd-hand witness accounts, I doubt they would have a personal god to worship. I can imagine an intelligent entity being a deist perhaps, but nothing much more "religious" than that, if you can call a deist religious at all.

I'm sure they would have a great reverence for science similar to Einstein, Sagan, and Dawkins. Great scientists tend to be amazed and startled by the subtlety and complexity of the universe, and beings that know about reality on a deeper level than us probably are even more astounded by it.

But, again, who knows? They could be just as flawed as us and still believe in some personal god, fairies, and other folklores. Maybe they even think aliens are abducting them, that their space ships are haunted, and that their political leaders morph into lizards from the fifth dimension every now and then.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Densha82
But, again, who knows? They could be just as flawed as us and still believe in some personal god, fairies, and other folklores. Maybe they even think aliens are abducting them, that their space ships are haunted, and that their political leaders morph into lizards from the fifth dimension every now and then.

One more thing that could be happening. The aliens could KNOW that there is a God and be lying to humans to deceive them.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
The aliens could know that God exists and be trying to prevent human beings from discovering this truth because it could make humans more powerful than they are. They want to be able to dominate humanity by keeping us weak and ignorant about God.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Aliens fear that humans will discover the truth and realize that we can rule over them. This is one of the truths that they do not want humanity to ever learn. So they lie to abductees and try to convince them that they were the result of alien experiments so that the abductees will remain ignorant of who really created us and the dominion that man has when he knows God.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   

They want to be able to dominate humanity by keeping us weak and ignorant about God.

Yeah, nothing at all like what's going on here.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I'm certain lab rats feel that way about you, How funny YOU brought up the analogy

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Inca_Roads

They want to be able to dominate humanity by keeping us weak and ignorant about God.

Yeah, nothing at all like what's going on here.

The point is that the aliens are no better. Just because they have technology that is more advanced than our own does not make them better. Spiritually, they are evil. That is not advanced...that is backslid...and that is not the way that I want to go.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I think its likely some Aliens would have some form of Religion/Philosophy by which they live Creator based or not. The universe is so vast its unthinkable IMO that there wouldnt be great variation between different intelligent beings.

I wouldn't be shocked to learn many intelligent beings went through atleast a phase in their development which included something akin to a Religion. Its can be a very useful tool in any society if used correctly.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedigirati

I'm certain lab rats feel that way about you, How funny YOU brought up the analogy

It isn't right when humans do it either. But IF aliens were as advanced as some people try to portray them, then the aliens would not be doing the same evil things that humans do.

[edit on 27-3-2007 by SkyWay]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join