It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bizarre Hexagon Spotted On Saturn

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thain Esh Kelch
Another link to an article about physics, showing how you can make squared or hexagon forms in water, just by spinning it at the correct speed. The world just is a bit stranger than we think, it doesnt have to include reptillians or other dimensions...

Really good explanation in this part of your post. I agree with carslake

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Now THAT is interesting! I'd have to vote for that being it, unless there's no way to form that nice hexagon with Bohr's polygons. Or maybe if the formations require the boundary drag of the container walls.

Bohr says they don't know why the figures form, I wonder if in the end it ends up being resonant pressure nodes like a Chladni pattern. That would be fun to investigate.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
For exp. regarding honeycomb structure - it is said that is ideal for containing max amount of honey with min amount of wax needed for structure! it was proved around 2000 that hex grid is the best way to divide the surfice into regions being equal with the list total parameter.

So, polygons are close packed world - min. spacing in bee twin - maybe nature is economizing! No waste!

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
A hexagon has six sides, and Saturn is the sixth planet from our sun. May be just a coincidence, maybe a pentagon will show up on Jupiter.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795

Originally posted by Thain Esh Kelch
Another link to an article about physics, showing how you can make squared or hexagon forms in water, just by spinning it at the correct speed. The world just is a bit stranger than we think, it doesnt have to include reptillians or other dimensions...

Really good explanation in this part of your post. I agree with carslake

This is interesting indeed and I agree, we shouldn't jump to conclusions as to what the mechanical explanation is but it's still an "unusual phenomenon" based on the 'explanation' from the most interesting afformentioned linked article:

www.physorg.com...

The unusual phenomenon in question involves rotating a bottom plate under a liquid in a circular (cylindrical) container. Bohr and his team of students at the Technical University and at the Niels Bohr Institute set up an experiment to find out whether or not such conditions would lead to stable deformations of a water surface into polygon shapes. The findings from their experiment were published May 3rd in Physical Review Letters.

Bottom line? no one has really explained anything (in the natural world at least) and who knows why this happens but maybe we'll figure it out someday but until then..........

[edit on 28-3-2007 by ViewFromTheStars]

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   
There really is quite a bit of terrific information being shed here. I was unaware of the majority.
Now, with the vibrations/rotations needed to create the anomolies, isn't it intriguing that these conditions are in place and don't seem to alter over time on Saturn?

Is it possible that perhaps the rings have something to do with it?

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
The Chladni effect in liquids, is, IIRC, dependent on several variables, one of which is the density and viscosity of the medium. I'd also lay bets that is true for Bohr's polygons.

So maybe what you're seeing is something you can only observe if the variables are all in a pretty narrow band, and Saturn's currently there.

First thing that comes to mind is the current warming trend throughout the Solar system. Maybe the gases need to be warmed a bit before the formation occurs.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tom Bedlam

First thing that comes to mind is the current warming trend throughout the Solar system. Maybe the gases need to be warmed a bit before the formation occurs.

Tom, your info is great - nice job, and thank you.
As far as the current warming trend throughout the solar system goes. Voyagers 1 & 2 saw this more than 20 years ago, so I would have to assume that it's really a non factor here. But who knows?

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
I look upon this more from a spiritual perspective than a "natural" perspective. However, since everyone seems to be focussing on the possible "natural" causes of this enigma, I have to say that one must understand that geometric shapes make up physicality itself.

Every corpuscle in our body is nothing more or less than a conglomeration of geometric shapes. The saying that: "God is a geometer," has alot of truth to it. If one looks at the basic structure of any natural object, he/she will find it is nothing more or less than a conglomeration of geometric shapes.

I think there is a diagram about this topic, once i remember where I saw it I will post it or send you the link.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
www.world-mysteries.com...

Something else came to mind, look at the picture below: (The vowel A in sand)

In his research with the tonoscope, Jenny noticed that when the vowels of the ancient languages of Hebrew and Sanskrit were pronounced, the sand took the shape of the written symbols for these vowels, while our modern languages, on the other hand, did not generate the same result! How is this possible? Did the ancient Hebrews and Indians know this?

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo
Tom, your info is great - nice job, and thank you.
As far as the current warming trend throughout the solar system goes. Voyagers 1 & 2 saw this more than 20 years ago, so I would have to assume that it's really a non factor here. But who knows?

Given the bulk of the thing, I'd imagine that Saturn would take a while to heat up even a little. And maybe it had to rise a few degrees, and just now got there.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Alexander Lauterwasser, a German researcher and photographer based his work on work done by Ernst Chladni and Hans Jenny in the field of Cymatics.

In 2002 Lauterwasser published his book Wasser Klang Bilder (Water Sound Images) with stunning imagery of water surfaces set into motion by sound sources ranging from pure sine waves to music by Ludwig van Beethoven, Karlheinz Stockhausen and even overtone chanting.

In 2006 Lauterwasser published his book Water Sound Images featuring all new experiments. It is a 176 page hardcover edition with hundreds of color photos, presenting the art, science and mystical side of Cymatics.

And Following the wiki reference links we have:
www.wasserklangbilder.de...

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

You have voted Tom Bedlam for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

Originally posted by Tom Bedlam
Almost looks like a Chladni pattern. Maybe the winds hit the right note!

This is the neatest answer I have seen for this so far, excellent thinking Tom…
Maybe its not that the winds have hit the right note, but rather some sort of vibration is causing it. Isn’t there a natural vibration, which we call a frequency, to all radiated energy? So has something changed in that vibration either on the planet or in space? Could this be an effect from a change in radiated energy since the Suns magnetic poles shifted? Could this be related to the changes in other planets that many folks attribute to the solar system warming?

Interesting idea, interesting topic, anyone here have any thoughts along this line?

You know you can make the same patterns in water by placing a bucket full of it on the metal plate shown above and submitting it to varying frequencies. The gas giants are the same as a big bucket of water; they are gases that as they get denser further in, become liquid, and possibly solids toward the middle. So basically we are looking at the same kind of set up were the planet is the bucket of water, and the solar system is the metal plate.

[edit on 3/28/2007 by defcon5]

Thank you Tom Bedlam and Defcon5. A Chlandi pattern is a very good beginning explanation for this phenomenom. Thank you for thinking about this a little instead of taking the easy way out by crying "alien intelligence".

I personally find these natural explanations much more interesting than the lazy old explanations involving ET's.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I thought this was very cool when I first saw it the other day and kept trying to get my head around how it could form naturally. I pictured a significant wobble to the planets polar tilt that would cause that particular mixing of the atmosphere. I also thought about the older images of some of the rings that showed a sort of braiding of one of the rings. How it seemed to spiral about itself, and that made me think of a planetary wobble. Now that I have seen the link posted by Thain that shows a hexagon formed in spinning water. I am convinced that is at the heart of the answer. Great find Thain!!!!

As for the posting stating that the hexagonal rocks were affected by bacteria.... Those are Basalt crystals. Sometimes Basalt forms in long columns that are hexagonal in cross section. Devils Tower is a great example of this. It is totally natural and can be found in several locations around the globe.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I am thinking the source for this phenomenon is harmonics of some kind, possibly resonating from deep within the planet a resonating vibration in a consistent tone?

It is odd, and the more you think about it, the more mind boggling it can become.

Fascinating is the best description I can give it.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   

You have voted Tom Bedlam for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by blue bird
Hexagonal Ice- is in the form of all natural snow and ice on Earth , as evidenced in the six-fold symmetry in ice crystals grown from water vapor.

Ice being a solid. You don't get the water to form that shape in nature.

The wind which forms this hexagon, is also not a solid.

A glass of room temperature water will never form a complex geometric shape unless there is something to change it's natural fluid form. Same for the wind.

Im not doubting there are natural formations of geometric shapes, but just disputing the opinion that this is an example.

The closest thing so far I've seen that could lead me to believe this, is that youtube video of the chladni pattern.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Do it yoursel cymatics:
www.rmcybernetics.com...

This cup of coffee was on a surface vibrated at approximately 20Hz by a an electric motor driving an unbalanced flywheel.

Below shows cymatic effect with a speaker and cornflour+water some frequencies make the blob look like its alive:

im gonna try this with my old piezzo electric speakers an some salt, they are totally flat speakers...

[edit on 3/29/2007 by a1ex]

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Humm, i had no idea that this was happening on Saturn.

Interesting indeed. Thanks for the link.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by a1ex

Something else came to mind, look at the picture below: (The vowel A in sand)

In his research with the tonoscope, Jenny noticed that when the vowels of the ancient languages of Hebrew and Sanskrit were pronounced, the sand took the shape of the written symbols for these vowels, while our modern languages, on the other hand, did not generate the same result! How is this possible? Did the ancient Hebrews and Indians know this?

A1ex, that is really neat. I think I heard this somewhere else as well. There is a lot coming to light in these days and times.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join