It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next Gen Computing: Perceptive Pixel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I just found this, and my jaw is still dropped wide open....

Perceptive Pixel

Perceptive Pixel is a startup founded by Jeff Han. Working all but alone from his hardware-strewn office, Jeff Han is about to change the face of computing. Not even the big boys are likely to catch him. Jeff Han and Phil Davidson shows how a multi-touch computer screen will change the way we work (and play).

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 27/3/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
That's an incredibly cool system, both the hardware and the software
though it looked a bit cluttered.

I'd love to have one of those.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I love this technology!! I am seriously thinking of buying the white paper that the link mentions about how to make your own multitouch screen. I honestly see this as a good component of the future I envision.

Harnessing this technology so people can more intuitivelly work with information combined with the burgeoning open source movement and the movement towards personal fabricators is a powerful combination.

Imagine a future where even the techno illiterate can use something similar to what microsoft front page and other website making tools to design their new cellphone or other device! Most of the necessary elements are in place such as SPice files that contain the specs of electronics. various editors and the like.

WHat it all adds up to is a more organic and hyper fast and balkanized technological environment. This would allow regional issues to be solved with mass produced componentry integrated into unique small production run devices.

In reality this is what humanity needs if we don't want to snuff ourselves through resource wars and consumerism. By harnessing the amazing information sharing network and search algorithims we have to more productive less one size fits all technology.

In the end it also has the potential to give people back some of the amazing amounts of money they spend on devices that aren't quite what they want. which causes them to have to buy multiple devices with a large amount of features they don't use.

join