It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you OD on OJ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
This may sound stupid but my friend drinks waaaaay to much orange juice,
Iam talking about 5-6 liters a day
She has already got a sharp pain in her throat from where the acid in the juice has eroded her neck ligaments

But besides the whole dissolving of throat lol, What other effects could this have on her?

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I think a dissolving throat would be a good enough reason to stop drinking so much of it...

But all the sugar in it can do stuff to your stomach.

[edit on 27/3/2007 by enjoies05]

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
I think a dissolving throat would be a good enough reason to stop drinking so much of it...

Lol,True but she dosnt seem to want to stop drinking it,
Ive often compared her to a heroin addict

She gave it up for a week because of her throat and nearly went insane, Theres no way to stop her from drinking it

LOL, it sounds like shes doing hard drugs or something
lol:

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Too much of anything can be bad for you. I guess it's no different with something like orange juice.

Funny, but I would suppose that the general perception would be that O.J. is good for you however there can be too much of a good thing.

It would seem that there is a controversial link between fruit juices, in general, and obesity. Furthermore, OJ (or any juice) can supplant other nutritional food sources.

More seriously, an excess of O.J. (and your friend certainly would fit in this category) can cause gastro-intestinal problems; i.e. diarehea.

"too much orange juice?"

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   
All i drink is fruit juices - drinking water makes me feel sick and drowsy, and OJ makes me feel refresed - most i ever drink is a litre though, still not good for you though - nearly 100% of RDA sugar (for 1ltr that is). Ask your friend if she wants to keep her teeth

[edit on 4/4/07 by FudgeStix]

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Too much of anything is really not good for you.

"Drinking too much water can eventually cause your brain to swell, stopping it regulating vital functions such as breathing, and causing death."
news.bbc.co.uk...

There is an example of how too much water is not good for you, and considering that most juices are mostly water, it would apply to your friend. I would suggest that your friend keep it to 2L a day.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I did see a show the other day where a dentist said OJ softened teeth enamel, and it was best to drink water right away afterwords or drink the OJ thru a straw to minimize its contact with your teeth.

(don't shoot the messenger)

top topics

join