It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The REAL Mcpherson lake county tape?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
What I find strange about all this is the fact that an incident allegedly took place, then a reenactment film was shot and distributed then another movie was shot and distributed around the MSM.

This reminds me of the elites golden rule hide the truth in amongst chaos and complexities, in this instance the hoax tapes. Does anyone know where the funding for the second film came from?

Does anyone have any more information on this apart from WIKI I can't seem to find alot on the net.

[edit on 5-1-2009 by franspeakfree]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
so is there a actual real!!! tape because that was not real, i love the actual film, i hope ther is a realy one out there.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Wow I really want to see the original now. Sigh

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
It was a good film to watch. I always felt that the idea was plausible and makes sense: secluded family, EMP takes out phone lines and transport, hostile aliens, rolling plot. It almost seems too perfect, too Hollywood.. but then again so would the perfect situation in the first place.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Is there any way to get the original? I hate reenactment videos, they piss me off so much

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Why are people still talking about trying to find the "real" video? It is a proven hoax as has been stated multiple times in this topic.

We should put this one to bed,a psyops/psychological warfare experiment
perpetrated on the US public in my honest opinion.

Really? It is more much plausible to believe both videos were made in an attempt to make money.
The subsequent confusion regarding the second film served the hoax motives quite nicely.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by .HACK//SIGH

may i have the tapes please?
U2U that would be great

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I remember the first time that I watched these tapes. I was amazed only to be let down later on when I discovered that they were in fact, an elaborate hoax.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Well, I was reading this post for a long time and it seems to be the thing that has finally pushed me to making an account for ATS.

All I really wanted to say was that it is odd people blindly accept that this director of the fake movie actually directed the real movie. He says the place he was producing the movie through burned down? No one else finds that to be a little coincidental? Someone just happened to have a copy and decided that it would be cool to say it was real (or the more unlikely idea that they FOUND a copy and believed it to be genuine).

Clearly the second movie is fake, we all know that. I would however like to believe that the original is genuine. I ask for the credentials of the director. Movie notes, pictures of the set, maybe a name to go with a face from the original. I would say the "acting" is excellent in the original, so why change actors for the second one? According to the director the time-frame would only put the little girl out of age. Better yet, why accept the poor acting of the second one?

My point is that all this talk of the original being a fake is one the shoulders of the director of the copy that is a known fake. How, or better, why should I believe his word after he has clearly released a poorly scripted and acted movie into the general public?

I would like a definitive response on this at some point. It REALLY irks me that people can instantly accept other videos or pictures as evidence of paranormal activities, but when something comes around that seems genuine is said to be a fake by one person, we all attempt to hush it up.

The real interesting thing about this is that not a single person here can say they have a copy of the original movie in any format. Rather, I would say it seems no one on Earth can claim they have a copy (other than this director apparently).

Maybe he found the video, has taken credit for it, and then decided to remake it for profit.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOni

The real interesting thing about this is that not a single person here can say they have
a copy of the original movie in any format. Rather, I would say it seems no one on
Earth can claim they have a copy (other than this director apparently).

You are very wrong and also ignorant regarding this case. For your information “ The
original movie” as you call it created and produced by Dean Alioto is in the possesion
of japanese TV Asahi network and I have a copy, how do you like that.

I provided a copy in one of the multiple threads about this case and YES it is a fake or
should I said not a hoax but just a SCIFI movie, it has been demonstrated many times
so you better think twice before making such reckless statements that make you look
like a fool. Do a real research and contact the creator, you will be dissapointed of what
he will tell you.

By the way, there are several real updates on this story that you are not aware of so
here check this one, do you recognize the girl?

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by free_spirit

hi free-spirit
can you upload the original or direct me to the upload you have posted in a different thread
it would be much appreciated

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I can not believe people actually thought it was real in the first place. First the aliens themselves have what looks to be clearly a plastic head with full body cat suits
Then when the guys are watching the space craft with the video tape it shows the camera light on. Now if your trying to hide and see whats going on are you really gonna sit there and aim a video camera with the light on directly at what you are trying to sneak a peak at?

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by free_spirit

Perhaps my statement saying Dean Alioto is the only one with possession of the video was a tad excessive. I was watching the Japanese cut at the time of writing my previous post. I ask you though, do you are actually have the video in its entirety in your possession? Without the Japanese show edits and cuts? From what I have gathered (no, not a new subject to me) the only footage available on the internet of the original video only includes snippets and not the full run of the movie. I would assume that if the director doesn't even mention it on his own website, there would be no legal precedence to stop someone from uploading the entire original video for me or any other enthusiast to view. It is odd that after the video's initial airing and upload to the internet it has gone missing in that capacity.

I do find it interesting that Dean Alioto doesn't mention video 1 on his own website. I would assume that if he is the creator that he would want to take credit for the video with the better actors and life of mystery.

So you... rather, TV Asahi just happened to find a girl that looks similar to what you would imagine the young girl in the original video to look like after so many years. It's not hard to find people that look similar, especially if you only have an old picture of them. You could find them, show a picture and pay them to say almost anything. To my knowledge (again) I can not find a cast list, so I can not verify if that girl in your picture is the same. I am forced to take your word and the word of TV Asahi.

This being said:
Would I like to believe this is genuine? Yes.
Do I find issue with the alien appearances? Yes.
Do I question motives for landing in the forest? Of course.
Can I validate the original video? No.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I remember not long before the second film that aired on UPN came out reading about a missing family in Minnesota. I was on my lunch break i remember it well the article that is. I remember neighbors described a UFO near the residence around the time they came up missing it was thanksgiving as well. I cant find it anywhere on the web it had to be around 1997 or 1998. It could have some inspiration for the film then again it probably doesn't. It could have been a hoax article for the upcoming UPN show. But even that is strange?

When i seen the recreation of the original i was creeped out for several nights for some reason usually movies never had that affect on me. Now i see it the acting really was terrible and the aliens were laughable. The original that aired had a different ending where the teenage boy in in his room talking in the camera and the alien is behind the door and floats toward the kid and he is frozen. Then you see the aliens face of pause;end. Then there is the other ending where they are all calmly playing cards in the kitchen and the aliens walk in ;end.

I will still try to find the case i read about but it has probably been solved by now.

[edit on 14-8-2010 by Unknown Soldier]

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mattman331w

I mean WOW, all your asking for is $500 dollars before it goes on general release? how much is it going to be once it's released?

I have to say that's a ridiculous amount of money to pay. If you have the full tape the only way your going to garner any interest is by at least putting up a couple of short clips we haven't seen before then we'll see about $500!!!!

I all honesty you will probably be banned for pushing your dvd on ATS but what do i know?

October

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
500 bucks.. for a DVD version of the original tape?

p.s. You probably should read up on the terms of service for this site. You shouldn't be doing what you are trying to do.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by porsche2006

I saw the "original" tape, and it looks faked. The same one from the clips in the japanese show. I do believe that there may be a real tape, however it is most likely locked up in some CIA file cabinet. The remake is just for the public.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
The 1997 is a "remake" of the 1989 footage. The 1989 footage, however, is up in the air.

I've known of this video since I was a kid, and needless to say it scared the heck out of me then, and still unnerves me to the day. Yes, there are several shots that look so fake it screams scam and then there are moments when you get chills.

There was an "interview" done via e-mail on the website we know as 3B Theater (www.badmovieplanet.com...) Here we are told the "strange story" of how the original 1989 was done.

Dean Alioto says that this was his "first feature film". (www.deanalioto.com...) Here is his resume listing all his works. The original "movie" is not listed.

He thought of how all the greats had done their first film before the age of 25, and while heading to his 25th birthday party, he had a spark of genius to create something along the lines of Orson Wells' reading of War of the Worlds. He continues on to say he worked with Bill Boes (Nightmare Before Christmas, James and The Giant Peach, Alien:Resurrection) to create the elaborate effects of the "alien craft" in the '89 film.

Here (www.imdb.com...) is Bill Boes IMDB page with all of his works listed. Also listed is his birth year, something very simple yet apparently totally evasive to Mr. Alioto. I've done my fair share of searching and cannot for the life of me find out what year his was born. What does this suggest? No he's not a vampire, but simply a very clever man.

Mr. Alioto said he was 25 when he made the original 1989 footage with the help of Mr. Boes, who's birth year is listed as 1963, making him 26, coinciding with Alioto being 25, seems legit. Bill Boes had worked on a little piece in 1986, 3 years prior to this "original" footage, entitled "Escapes" starring the great Vincent Price. Working with such a big name at a young age makes one inclined to question if one simply back-tracks their first big break with working on something like the 1989 footage for little or no pay. Mr. Boes next line of work was in 1991 on a TV short, then in 1993 on Nightmare Before Christmas.

My biggest question is actually if Bill Boes worked on this film. I think if that question can be answered, a lot more will come to light. Bill Boes is a model maker. Specializing in clay works. Which would explain the heaviness that the heads of the "aliens" seems to have if they were in fact built up by Mr. Boes, clay is a lot heavier than the cheaper and more pliable rubber pieces they were using in the 80's.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join