It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rosie blows the lid off

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   
She is a complete idiot.She cant wait to kiss the Irainians rump.Maybe she should go there,oops they wont let her.She would be stoned to death.But thats ok,she likes them anyway.
Here

[Mod Edit: Format - Jak]

[edit on 2/4/07 by JAK]

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   
SO she's a idiot because?
she said google gulf of ton-ken?(sp) or was because she said you can get more information from a computer than nation TV.
Whats the big deal.
I can't stand the woman personally, so she thinks the capture of the British Marines is a ton-ken con so what.
She's a far cry from the Coultergist but even that crazy wingnut gets to have her say.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
What is it with this woman? She's a complete whack. Someone get her some meds. She reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallly needs them.

(betchya Barbara Wa-wa is veeeeery sorry she hired Rosie for 'The View'.)

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Personally I think Rosie is great. She speaks her mind and is more informed than most people with regards to these issues.

The reference to the Gulf of Tonkin came because recently declassified US government documents categorically showed that the US government deliberately lied about an incident that later led to US involvement in the Vietnam War.

The point was that the US government has lied to get involved in Wars before and to not automatically believe everything you are (spoon)fed by the wholly corporate owned mainstream media in the United States.

Aside from childish name calling does any one have any thing to refute Rosie's heroic comments with? If so I'd gladly debate them with you. But, alas, debating about whether some one is "stupid", "an idiot" or "off her meds" is not going to happen.

[edit on 31/3/07 by subz]

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Heroic? Not quite the choice of word I'd have used, but OK. She is certainly entitled to her opinion. I happen to disagree, and she would undoubtably call me a warmonger, or something of the sort. Assuming of course she even cares what I think

It's a free nation. Sean Hannity and Rosey O'Donnell are equally entitled to their opinions, whether I agree or disagree. If I agree, great...if I don't, darn.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I see where you are coming from seagull, but I class going on national television and risking your career by speaking your mind as heroic

What she has to say has popular support, but that matters little in the realm of the vocal minority e.g. the rich and powerful.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by subz
I class going on national television and risking your career by speaking your mind as heroic

Risking her career? How? By getting more publicity? :shk:

That's all she's doing ... pushing her agenda and gettting more publicity which is what hollywierdos want. There is nothing 'heroic' about it.

Oh .. and what she said was WRONG. Dead wrong.

Publicity hounds spouting lies are not heroes.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I still class going up against the vitriol you've exemplified as heroic. It's people who share your attitude, such as Bill O'Reilly, who make publicly speaking ones mind an act of heroism.

In the face of certain denouncement by the vocal minority, who happen to share the ear of the current President, Rosie O'Donnell has not sought publicity since she already had a public platform and her ratings dipped following her change in tenor. What she did was place her career on the line to speak some home truths that quite a lot of her audience probably doesn't want to hear.

You've some how equated her public scepticism of 9/11, and the current behaviour of the Bush administration, as some kind of pandering to the masses. That would imply that what she speaks is not courageous because it's shared by the majority of Americans. So, by your reasoning, if she isn't heroic in speaking out then she's simply stating a common sense to her audience. Which is it?

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   

I still class going up against the vitriol you've exemplified as heroic. It's people who share your attitude, such as Bill O'Reilly, who make publicly speaking ones mind an act of heroism.

Resorting to insults of ATS members, eh?

I don't exemplify 'vitriol' and I don't even like Bill O'Reilly.
You are clueless.

What she did was place her career on the line to speak some home truths that quite a lot of her audience probably doesn't want to hear.

She definately didn't put her career on the line. She has made her career a 'run off at the mouth' career .. where all publicity is considered good publicity.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
For a television, or movie, personality, is there anything even remotely resembling bad pubicity?

Ms. O'Donnel is certainly entitled to her opinion, just as I'm entitled to think shes occaisionally a raving loon.

I don't see the risk to her career, or at least the current incarnation of it, by being confrontational. That is why she was hired to be on the View afterall.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

I class going on national television and risking your career by speaking your mind as heroic

Risking her career? How? By getting more publicity? :shk:

That's all she's doing ... pushing her agenda and gettting more publicity which is what hollywierdos want. There is nothing 'heroic' about it.

Oh .. and what she said was WRONG. Dead wrong.

Publicity hounds spouting lies are not heroes.

What you just said could be said about 90 percent of the nationalist american 9/11 propaganda that turned out to be all lies and distortion. But your problem is, you are afraid of the world and you blanket it by dividing factions or groups that you think are doing harm to this country. When really it's all just standard stereotypes that you can pull off a Ann Coulter column or an op-ed from Newsmax,World News Daily or Frontpage.

There is nothing to discuss when you just respond with juvenile typecasts of a diverse americans. It's an old hat trick to not really talk about the issue at hand. It's what you do quite visibly at,Flyersfan. I am not the only one who notices,btw. You thrive on the playbook at every turn as do alot conservative minded people on here. And that's kind of sad that people can't have a dialogue because you have such a narrow mind regarding different cultures & world views.

What you just said above about "publicity hounds" could be said for the majority of the ultra right conservative movement currently in this country. But see your mind is so warped regarding political beliefs you only act up when it comes to a "agenda"you don't care for. You seem to be obsessed with anything that doesn't fit your political worldview.

9/11 is a critical thinker's issue. There are too many questions and no answers to why. And you know what? Why don't you talk to some of the people who were there on the ground who want a REAL investigation into what happened. Are they hollyweird and wackos because they don't agree with your view on 9/11? Please, let's not get that pathetic.

Not some "exploitation" or "Jingoist patriotic" 9/11 platform campaign. We owe the victims that much.

We all can sit on a armchair and dismiss everything. That's the easy way out and it's gotten us nowhere. The playbook conservativism is on it's deathbed. It doesn't even make relative sense anymore in America.

The families deserve their own open investigation without anyone is associated to special interests that have something to gain regarding the Terror card. BTW, these families have asked for it in great numbers. And they still haven't gotten their investigation,period.

That's more truth than alot today's conservatives ever want to hear.

However that wasn't always the case with conservatism
True conservatism comes from a view of a rational critically thinking skeptic not a cheerleader for talking points or badly scripted smears engineered by political hacks who don't want rational discussion or dialogue in this country.

Let's not forget Eisenhower's farewell speech about the military industrial complex that is showing it's ugly head with every waking day currently on display in the middle east. There was a conservative visionary that modern conservatives do not want to give credit to. Do you think not for a second that if Eisenhower was alive today, he wouldn't be skeptical about 9/11 incident? Would you call him a wacko because he was giving you a different perspective?

"Until the latest of our world conflicts, the United States had no armaments industry. American makers of plowshares could, with time and as required, make swords as well. But now we can no longer risk emergency improvisation of national defense; we have been compelled to create a permanent armaments industry of vast proportions. Added to this, three and a half million men and women are directly engaged in the defense establishment. We annually spend on military security more than the net income of all United States corporations.

This conjunction of an immense military establishment and a large arms industry is new in the American experience. The total influence -- economic, political, even spiritual -- is felt in every city, every State house, every office of the Federal government. We recognize the imperative need for this development. Yet we must not fail to comprehend its grave implications. Our toil, resources and livelihood are all involved; so is the very structure of our society.

In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the militaryindustrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist.

We must never let the weight of this combination endanger our liberties or democratic processes. We should take nothing for granted. Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals, so that security and liberty may prosper together.
"

Eisenhower

the o.g. conservative who understood discussion and rational thought not playbook thought and opinion

[edit on 18-5-2007 by MRGERBIK]

new topics

top topics

join