It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the U.S. grind to a halt next month?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 08:18 AM
link   

will the u.s. grind to a halt next month?

www.firesociety.com

WE ARE ORGANIZING A TRUCKERS BOYCOTT OF BUSH'S PLAN TO LET 17,000 MEXICAN TRUCKERS INTO AMERICA IN LESS THAN 60 DAYS.
WE ARE TRYING TO REACH OUT TO EVERY TRUCKER IN AMERICA TO STOP TRUCKING IN A NATIONAL "TRUCK OUT" BOYCOTT ON APRIL 23-25, 2007.
FAIRUS HAS JOINED THIS FIGHT, AS WELL AS FROSTY WOOLRIDGE, AND FAIRUS WILL BE REPRESENTING THE TRUCKERS IN THE "PUT THEIR FEET TO THE FIRE" PRESS CONFERENCE RALLY HELD IN WASHINGTON DC ON APRIL 23-25.
WE ARE CALLING ON EVERY PERSON WE KNOW TO JOIN IN THIS FIGHT AND HELP ORGANIZE THE TRUCKERS BY GETTING ON YOUR CB RADIOS AND BROADCASTING TO THE TRUCKERS IN YOUR AREA THE MESSAGE TO JOIN IN THIS BOYCOTT.
WE NEED YOUR HELP TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN IN THE SHORT AMOUNT OF TIME BETWEEN NOW AND THE RALLY ON APRIL 23-25, BEFORE BUSH WILL OPEN OUR BORDERS TO THE MEXICAN TRUCKERS.
PLEASE HELP US PREVENT THIS FROM HAPPENING. IF THEY WON'T LISTEN TO OUR LETTERS AND FAXES, MAYBE THEY WILL LISTEN IF OUR TRUCKERS SHUT THIS COUNTRY DOWN AND SURROUND THE WHITE HOUSE.
WE CAN AND MUST MAKE THIS HAPPEN !!!
(visit the link for the full news article)

mod edit, grammar

[edit on 1-4-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 08:18 AM
link   
so starts the plea from an american trucker which is spreading like wildfire. and the reason? ....

in less than 60 days time, 17000+ mexican trucks and truckers will be allowed into the u.s. to work with no checks on either trucks or truckers because they will work for cheaper and basically if nothing is done to stop this now then pretty much all independent american truckers will be out of their jobs soon because theres always a mexican who will work for half price or less and they don't have to worry about the state of their trucks either!

many of the drivers are going to be circling the buildings 3 wide and with no gaps between them from april 23rd-25th and are prepared to lock up their trucks and walk away from them.

this is going to be happening over many u.s. cities and theres still a month to go so it is likely to spread further.

www.firesociety.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I hope this blows up big. Truckers can shut down an economy readily. Wield the only sword you have , the only pain they feel is in their wallet.

[edit on 31-3-2007 by YIAWETA]

[edit on 31-3-2007 by YIAWETA]

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I applaud this effort. The surge of illegals from out southern borders does not need any enhancement by allowing free access to our roads by their trucks as well.
I am much dismayed by our government's failure to stand up for our own territory, rights and laws. This most recent gesture, a grass-roots effort by americans for americans is a wonderful thing.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Ive always been the type of person to be for the cause
but the sad reality is if this does happen, it will only
give the powers that be more of an excuse to justify
the NAU and flood our highways with Mexican truckers.

In the end it will only hurt the LEGAL American citizens.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   
My husband and I were talking about this just yesterday. We were wondering about the unemployment of American truckers that will result from the Mexican truckers getting their jobs. I'm so glad that the truckers are doing this, they have my support. It's time some of us, at least, try to take back America and jobs for Americans.

Good find JustyC, thanks!

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
OP, you should E-mail this article to Lou Dobbs - CNN.. he is a great defender of the American borders and I would bet he would give this article air time, spreading the word to other truckers..

I certainly hope they carry out their plans.. its about damn time someone stood up and DID something instead of sit down and TALK about doing something! .. This is the true American spirit, this administration and all administrations before have not given a damn about our borders..

Open highways from south of the border, imagine the increase in drug trafficking, human smuggling, sex slave trade increases, possibly terrorist weaponry... The Mexican government does not inspect nearly as well as a WELL REGULATED American border. Which it won't be if we allow 17k truckers in (just at the beginning sure to increase) because we don't have the man power to actually inspect all the traffic.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   
NAU at it's finest. I heard some where on here i will look for it. that the NAU would consist of mexico and canada, with one big highway to monitor for Export-Import . is this true. as well as the amero ?

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Finally, people are beginning to stand up for what they know is wrong. I hope this plan works and costs businesses millions upon millions of dollars.

The only problem is that this will allow the government to let even more Mexicans in saying they are here to do the jobs that Americans don't want to do.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   
If you read afurther down the original link, which is from a forum, you will see a post stating that the Teamsters are for OPEN borders, so it seems any action will be unofficial from the union standpoint. If you can find any differing views, please post them.

I did find this:
www.sierratimes.com...

The White House is pushing a year-long "demonstration program" to be run by the US Department of Transportation that would allow 100 Mexico-based trucking firms to drive goods all over the United States. More than 6,000 authorized Mexican carriers already make millions of border crossings annually, but they are confined to narrow areas hugging the border. They shuttle goods across guarded checkpoints into the designated commercial zones and then transfer cargo to US carriers for the rest of the journey.

The DOT’s plan, which would gain for US carriers similar access to Mexico, would set in motion a key provision of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA). As part of its purported goal of promoting "free" and open trade throughout North America, the agreement promised mutual highway access for Canadian, US and Mexican trucks. Pro-business groups have supported those measures as a way to facilitate more-efficient transport of cargo between countries.

The program follows over a decade of successful campaigns by organized labor and auto-safety advocates to restrict Mexican truckers’ access to US highways, based on claims that Mexican trucks pose an unacceptable public threat.

(emphasis mine
)
newstandardnews.net...

www.presstelegram.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrepareForTheWorst
Finally, people are beginning to stand up for what they know is wrong. I hope this plan works and costs businesses millions upon millions of dollars.

The only problem is that this will allow the government to let even more Mexicans in saying they are here to do the jobs that Americans don't want to do.

why do we want so many Mexicans in the US anyway? I heard thats why the hospital costs are skyrocketing, because they never intend to pay their bills, not to mention the cost of perscription drugs and insurance. I heard a sheriff in Oregon, sent vicente fox a bill, for all the illegals in their county jail, that the tax payers are footing the bill for. there was no response from Mexico.

[edit on 1-4-2007 by C21H30O2I]

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I find it difficult to believe the Teamsters would support anything that would threaten American jobs. I'll check with my local tomorrow and see what they know. It's unfortunate that this type of action is the only thing Big Business and the government understand.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
It's about time someone, whether an organization, or people; do something, anything. Giving free access to Mexican trucks will hurt not only Union truckers, but the non-union ones as well, time and past time.

Like a previous poster said, why make it even easier for illegals to enter the country. This is wrong, unfair to the American truckers who play by the rules. Will the trucks from south of the border have to answer to the same rules and regulations? Somehow I doubt it.

I will support this effort as best I can. If only by internet ranting.

top topics

join