It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sweeping changes to global climate seen by 2100 -- study

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 02:05 AM
link   
News Source

CHICAGO -- Many of the world's climate zones will vanish entirely by 2100, or be replaced by new, previously unseen ones, if global warming continues as expected, a study released Monday said.

Rising temperatures will force existing climate zones toward higher latitudes and higher elevations, squeezing out climates at the colder extremes, and leaving room for unfamiliar climes around the equator, the study predicted.

The sweeping climatic changes will likely affect huge swaths of land from the Indonesian rainforest to the Peruvian Andes, including many known hotspots of diversity, disrupting local ecological systems and populations.

Even though that I won't be around when this happens, it is still alarming to think that the our World will be like this in the future.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I don't believe that the globe is warming, I think that it is cooling.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   
One thing I don't understand is how come in the 70s and 80s we weren't talking about this "global warming". My parents tell me when they were children growing up on the South Side of Chicago they can remember having a week or two of subzero temps pretty much every year. A couple years they had multiple feet of snow in one storm (granted I have done 0 research on actual temps ... have to look up a Chicago temp almanac).

Then in the 70s and 80s the weather tapered off some, and yet no one was claiming global warming then.

Now that we see a continued progression towards warmer weather in the U.S./change in weather patterns, suddenly it's global warming? You mean to tell me that NO ONE thought about global warming 40 years ago? 30 years ago? 20 years ago?

Do I doubt the predictions in this report? Not really, it's blatantly obvious that there's climate change going on. I do doubt that it will happen so quickly and/or so drastically. And to claim that cars and factories are gonna cause it to snow in the rainforest are quite absurd.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Interesting!

What's odd happening right now outside my window after a few beautiful warm spring days is that there is huge hunks of snow falling! Like 2 inches thick, so very global warmingish. No make that 3 inches or so thick!! I wish I had a camera! Quite a sight to see!

/7A

[edit on 27/3/2007 by 7Ayreon]

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by searching_for_truth
Even though that I won't be around when this happens, it is still alarming to think that the our World will be like this in the future.

Why is it "alarming"?... This has happened several times in the past, in fact most of North America and Europe was covered by glaciers over 12,000 years ago for thousands of years.

Climate Change is a natural cycle the Earth goes through, and btw there are scientists who are predicting that after a couple decades Earth will go into another Little Ice Age like it has also done in the past.

Too many people talk too much about Climate Change/Global Warming without knowing the facts, hence their conclusions are wrong.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
Why is it "alarming"?... This has happened several times in the past, in fact most of North America and Europe was covered by glaciers over 12,000 years ago for thousands of years.

Climate Change is a natural cycle the Earth goes through, and btw there are scientists who are predicting that after a couple decades Earth will go into another Little Ice Age like it has also done in the past.

Too many people talk too much about Climate Change/Global Warming without knowing the facts, hence their conclusions are wrong.

I hope that you are correct. That, at least would give me some sort of a wishful thinking.

Peace.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
The Illuminati are lying again, can't you tell.

Wave money one front of these agents and they say anything.

And Nazi Germany was compared to the Bush years.

The big lie starts in 1945 for us.

Have fun with the rest of you life, its been a gas.

top topics

join