It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The exceptions to medical rules

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I am wondering about people who are exceptions to the rules and generalities of medicine. I am not talking about people who escape death and disease through luck, but what modern medicine considers statistically the norm of things like heart disease, diabetes, cancers, etc.

Today I had a cholestorol screening at a health fair and while I had not had one since I was 20 years old (17 years ago), I thought for sure that it would turn up that my cholestorol's were high. In addition, they screened for diabetes and sugars. (I can post all the results if someone in medicine would like to comment further).

What I would like to know and especially from those ATS'ers who work in medicine is why as my diet is so polar to the normal theory of how to keep your cholestorol levels down was my test especially remarkeable?

I was actually surprised myself since I never eat vegetables except for potatoes, and tomatoes(only in pasta sauces). I mainly eat proteins in meats of beef or chicken, fried or deep fried. I eat some pastas and mainly food like it would be prepared at a fast food restaurant. I never eat green vegetables ever. I barely eat any candy. I would think that most of the foods I eat are prepared wrong and not good for you, but the test results showed otherwise.

Here ya go:

Total Cholestorol:188 mg/dl
Triglycerides:57 mg/dl
Glucose/Blood Sugar:104 mg/dl
HDL: 55
LDL: 122
Cholestorol/HDl: 3.4

I am 37 now and the nurse acted surprised even more so than when she tested my co-worker who is some young dude.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 01:43 AM
link   
You won the genetic lottery is what happened.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
You won the genetic lottery is what happened.

That is probably why, but I can hardly believe it. How would genetics decide that some people can be garbage compactors when it comes to eating and not kill them?

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
...if you can't attribute it to anything, it's has to be Genetic

well, not quite.

there are a few obvious questions you should ask yourself right now, like, how did the Inuit (Eskimo if you wish) survive on a diert without any vegetables? according to our diet-religion, they should have all died of artheriosclerosis, but they did not. or, what did native tibes eat until they were civilized and 'progressed' to suffer from all associated diseases, from tooth decay to diabetes and cancer?

or less damning things like 'how could cholesterol intake matter all that much when it's produced by our bodies?'

www.consumerhealth.org...

www.westonaprice.org...

as a rule of thumb, if something is singled out, demonized and substitutes are promoted with full sales pitch, you can bet your hat that you are being taken for a ride. there's a couple of links on this topic:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

.. about the so called 'treatments' for high cholesterol:

enjoy!

[edit on 27.3.2007 by Long Lance]

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Long Lance
as a rule of thumb, if something is singled out, demonized and substitutes are promoted with full sales pitch, you can bet your hat that you are being taken for a ride. there's a couple of links on this topic:

.. about the so called 'treatments' for high cholesterol:

enjoy!

Interesting threads Lance

top topics

join