It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion of peace? Interesting side note....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2002 @ 12:54 PM
link   
www.washingtonpost.com...

"The violence began Wednesday, when the Kaduna office of ThisDay newspaper was torched after the paper published an article questioning Muslim objections to the pageant. The contest is set for Dec. 7 in the Nigerian capital, Abuja, 225 miles southwest of Kaduna. The article, published Saturday, suggested the prophet Muhammad would have chosen a wife among the contestants."

news.bbc.co.uk...

Hundreds of Muslim youths have gone on the rampage in Nigeria's capital, Abuja, following Friday prayers.

The BBC's Haruna Bahago in Abuja says people armed with sticks, daggers and knives set fire to vehicles and attacked anyone they suspected of being Christian.

posted on Nov, 23 2002 @ 02:22 PM
link   
So far about a 100 dead and Girls are on there way to England.

posted on Nov, 23 2002 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a dreadful business and I've seen reports getting closer to 200 dead.
I sauspect it's mch more about large numbers of unemployed youths and local bandit-chiefs/businessmen/politicians (largely synonymous).
By all accounts, there was no controversy until the (Christian press) article about Muhammad was printed.
On a cultural note: I heard to-day an advertisement (pro-environmentalist) to be released in the US asking which car Jesus would have driven.
I wonder if this will provoke riots.

posted on Nov, 23 2002 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Now... turn it around.

Suppose that a Muslim paper had promoted a Pedophile Love Fest pageant and then printed something about how Jesus would have approved.

Ya don't think there'd be a spot of trouble over that?

We tend to think of other countries as having our same customs and same laws. To a Muslim country, underclothed women IS as offensive as it would be to us to have a pedophile love-in fest anywhere here in America.

For pete's sake, folks! We aren't the world!

posted on Nov, 24 2002 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I fail to see how a Christian paper (if it even is) news article...still justifies the killing of Christians out on the street..but then again i guess they are at fault for being there right??

Boomslang

posted on Nov, 24 2002 @ 12:21 AM
link   
The two most dangerous words in the english language at present ....

"muslim youths"

posted on Nov, 24 2002 @ 06:04 AM
link   
One day, everybody will see this religion like she is.In comparison with the Muslim faith, the Catholic Inquisition is almost looking like a dream.

top topics

join