It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

teenage relationships

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Well as a teen nearing the end of the high school roller coaster. My friends and I think to ourselves, why do some people make such big deals over high school relationships. They never last( not that i'm saying it's impossible) but some people act likes it the end of the world. I've been rejected twice by the ladies, but I can take comfort in the fact that hey it's only high school loosen up and enjoy the ride

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I know what you mean. Im 14 and there is this couple in my class that are always saying they love each other and that they are gonna get married....Im always like "bull#" it aint gonna last...they're 14. They got plenty of time..meet new people...go out with others...geez.

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Funny you mention that, I was with my x-gf for 12 years. We started out in the 8th grade and we ended up gorwing up differantly and slowly moved apart and had differant ideas on what we wanted in life. Being in love when your young is possible, its just hard to keep it going because most teenagers arent exactly sure what they want to do with their lifes.

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Whats that old saying:
"There are more fishes in the sea?"
Relationships, as with life, grows more intense and more complicated the older you get.......

regards
seekerof

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 12:22 AM
link   
love is "teh suq"

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Is the angry, drunken closet scrog 10 or 20 years later at a reunion.

Never say never fellas. You'll call each and every one of those exes at some low point in your life.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I had an intense two year relationship in my last couple of years in high school and it has haunted me ever since. I was way to young to be experiencing love and it hurt me so much that it will probably be a part of every relationship i will have for the rest of my life. Love sucks in so many ways.

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 12:29 AM
link   
You could always become a Buddhist and live a life of Solitude

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sapphire

Dharma Bums are cool. "I'm poor and homeless by choice man." I can relate.

People are kind of gross though. I mean they really are, if you think about it waaaay too much. Which I do.

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

Originally posted by Sapphire

Dharma Bums are cool. "I'm poor and homeless by choice man." I can relate.

People are kind of gross though. I mean they really are, if you think about it waaaay too much. Which I do.

You're homeless? What do you do to log on then? I've heard of people that use bicycles to power stuff up like lights etc ... have you tried that? If so share i'd like to try that

[Edited on 28-12-2003 by Sapphire]

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
OMG i need so much help! ok here's the thing, this guy, no names, says he's in love with me, we tried going out but i had a bad feeling about it, idk what my problem was... but we ended up breaking up because of this bad feeling (and the fact that he can't get along with ANY of my friends and friends are important to me) now he wants me back and i don't know what to say to him and not piss him off. he "misses" me. all i want to do is basically be friends with him, but he's the type of people who only goes for the relationship or nothing at. I dont want nothing at all, or a relationship, besides a friendly relationship, so i definatly NEED help!

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   

HELP!!!

OMG i need so much help! ok here's the thing, this guy, no names, says he's in love with me, we tried going out but i had a bad feeling about it, idk what my problem was... but we ended up breaking up because of this bad feeling (and the fact that he can't get along with ANY of my friends and friends are important to me) now he wants me back and i don't know what to say to him and not piss him off. he "misses" me. all i want to do is basically be friends with him, but he's the type of people who only goes for the relationship or nothing at. I dont want nothing at all, or a relationship, besides a friendly relationship, so i definatly NEED help!

Ok, looks like he's the type that doesn't forget easily. some males linger on and on even after months of breakup. I call this post-relationship hang over. I was in one a few years back. I was in HS, 15, hormones were raging. thoughts of girls and sex were reoccuring. Then i met a girl, asked her out immediately. We went out for approximately 2 weeks. Then one day, after a movie date, she just said it wasnt working out. that we were moving too fast...she said something was wrong. I didnt understand. Couldnt understand. She was, at that point, everything to me. the breakup was especially bad, emotionally at least, and i was depressed for a few months.

The point is i still wanted a relationship while she didnt...im still unsure why that was the case. in your situation, he's still is probably in love with you. the feeling is tremendously strong at first, but as with all emotions, it will fade with time and his memories of you will fade. time is the key. as for you, just stick to your ground, offer him friendship or nothing. it will work. I have learnt the hard way

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorancebliss

first off, he either really does love you(which is somewhat possible), you are the first girl he has felt strongly about, he just really wants to have sex with you, or you two already did it and you took his virginity.
what is his reputation like? does he sleep around alot? if so, the third is probably more likely than the first, or second for that matter. friends are more important in hs than bf/gf, at least thats what i think and ive been there and done that. if he only wants to be your bf or nothin at all, its probably cos he really likes you and knows he cant be around you without wantin to make out with you and stuff all the time. hopefully this will help. btw, unless you have somebody else you wanna be with right now, you might as well give it a try- you dont really have anything to lose and you might actually learn something.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 11:52 PM
link   
i uh... went to an all guys high school... all guys, catholic, high school... no girls to distract me at all really.

EDIT: my freshman year there we voted one of the three female teachers promqueen... since then the school hasn't had promqueen/king.

[Edited on 3/17/2004 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   

i uh... went to an all guys high school... all guys, catholic, high school... no girls to distract me at all really.

EDIT: my freshman year there we voted one of the three female teachers promqueen... since then the school hasn't had promqueen/king.

lol. that really sucked. however, i really shouldnt laugh my own situation is somewhat similar. the only time i get to see my gf is on breaks (christmas, spring, and parts of summer). Im currently attending embry riddle aeronautical university, the most technical school (aside from MIT and Caltech). it's in the mountains of Arizona (prescott, ca). and yeah, as you can guess, that's an anti-girl environment. thus, the male to female ratio is 8:1 (out of a population of 1700). im still glad i have a girl to think about.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
One thing about hs relationships is that you can fall head over heels for somebody but be stupid enough to agree to mess around with other people b/c the other party is too, just to keep him/her around.

I know that # wouldn't fly after your other half of your brain develops.

Sorry, just an experience I had when I was 15. I let him run around because I didn't want to lose him. I figured he was so hot, had a great body, and played hard to get, I'll do it too in hopes he'll come around and just be with me. ... Wrong!
Glad i'm married. I KNOW if he was ever to do that, i'd be walking out that door so fast. I'd be on my way to some tropical paradise to take a nice permanent vaction. Drink some corona's, lay back in the sun, dig my feet in the warm sand. Ahhh.. Alright, i'm going on a rant.. .. Just wanted to share.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by fulibs

Ok, looks like he's the type that doesn't forget easily. some males linger on and on even after months of breakup. I call this post-relationship hang over.

Thats very true. KayEm and her ex (who I will refer to as 'Bubba'
) had been apart for about 8 years when we met. She had had a few other dates, but nothing really came to it. Her ex had done the same, eventually shacking up with one of KayEm's friends. As long as KayEm's dates were with people he considered below him, he was ok (he had one hell of a superiority complex, so it wasn't difficult to find people he considered 'below him').

Then KayEm and I met and after being together for a couple of years, decided to marry. Bubba went up the wall, 'dissing' her to her sons when they visited him. Apparently he always wanted to get back with her, even though she had told him many times during that eight years that she wanted nothing more to do with him.

Yes, I did meet him, and apparently he disliked me from the start because of my British accent and my terrible habit of being able to string more than three words together
. Apparently his words were 'F**king Brit coming here and taking my girl' ... sorry Bubs, but your girl dumped you years ago because of your heroin addiction, so she hasn't been 'your girl' for quite a while.

Scary.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   
The teens around here seem to be getting more and more sexually active by the day. Its ok for girls to be sluts now I guess. At the rate they're going its gonna be interesting to see how well STDs spread.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Ahh yes good old std's.

it doesn't matter how young you are.

I know back home a few people who are between 20-25 have gotten some std.
It's the good ol bar hopping scene.
Drink a few, take home a few, pound a few,
and catch something.
So 1,2,3,4,5,6 of them have either gotten chlamydia, genital warts, or ghon. Not sure about anything else though.

Pretty sick, and i'm not sure if they have even learned their lesson yet.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Well I may as well give my advice on this one too. The second semester of tenth grade I "fell in love" with a girl and the relationship lasted six months before my parents moved me away to the States. Things got rocky for a while though having a long distance relationship didn't seem feasible. But I tell you what, four years later I still carry on two hour long distance phone calls to her twice a week. Whenever we visit each other, regardless of whether or not we have a boyfriend or girlfriend at the time, we will drop anything to be together. She even tells her boyfriends not to get serious because she loves someone else.

I just went to Edmonton, Canada to visit her and she ignored her boyfriend for a week, probably even told him I was coming. You don't know how much fun it is to have sex with someones girlfriend four times a day, when they actually know about it. Anyways, helluva tangent, but the point is that high school relationships last if you meet the right person. Serious.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join