It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adrenaline control...?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I'm a martial artist/fighter by nature, and ever since I was about the age of 9 or 10, I have been able to focus my body to actually enhance strength and reduce or even eliminate pain. I can do it any time, without the need for concentration or meditation. I've ran tests and stuff with a heartrate/blood pressure meter, and I found out my systolic blood pressure skyrockets when I concentrate like this(normally 112 at rest, it goes up into the 160s) Does anyone else know what this is
I'm stumped...

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I don't know what it is, but you're one lucky bastard.

I have to use strong visualisations technics (often related to past traumatic events) to boost my adrenaline level and get an effective strenght boost effect.

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 08:22 PM
link   
It would be easier if you can give a little more info, like how you achieve this? your state of mind at the time? also how you feel physically when you do this.
How long have you been able to do this? nd how did you first acomplish it?

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Well feygan, as I said, ever since I was 9 or 10. I'm 16 now. The ability has developed and gotten stronger over time. I don't "achieve" it really, I just will it to happen and it does. My state of mind can be anything, but when I want a real boost, righteous anger is the best. Physically, I feel empowered, and a slight tingle and numbness is felt throughout the body. Also, if there's pain in a certian area, I can direct the flow of energy to a specific area to make it go away or to dull it. I first was able to do it by lying still for quite some time on my bed (I was on my back), and I was angry about something, I think it was that a friend had betrayed me or something. I felt the tingling numbness in my legs, and it felt really wierd, but cool. I focused and tried to bring it up until I could feel it in my hands and fingers. I toyed with it for awhile, and eventually was able to harness it. I know that it's definitely not developed fully, but I don't know how else to further my abilities. That's my goal: To further myself.

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Martials arts are IMO always a good way to "further" our selves, no mather what you're seeking to achieve.

As for the strenght enhancement, this can be kind of hard to work on...Beside working out... Can't see anything else. I noticed that anger enhance the strenght, but I don't know if it's a good thing to play with this. Altho I did it numerous time. I my self try to find another emotional state that would produce the same 'strenght enhancement' effect than anger, but most seem less effective...

As for pain reduction/suppression.. Well, it's kind of obvious. If you ahve that ability already working well, and you REALLY want to further it, well induce your self some pain/injuries...And try to ignore 'em/ make 'em disapear.

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Ok it sounds kinda similar to the way that shaolin monks control chakra energy, execpt I've never heard of it involving anger in their case. Aslo I've never heard of them suffering from high systollic reading like your getting. I'd advise seeing a doctor about that part just to be on the safe side. Then see both a very long practising kung fu student, maybe something like wu-shu, or even tai chi. Also have a chat with a yoga or pilaties (spelling??) practitioner. With abit more experienced guidence you may be able to get these results without the high blood pressure, which soulds dangerous to your health. You may also be able to get achieve it with a shift in state of mind away from anger, which could well be an influencing factor in the systollic readings. Was it an agner moment that got you the readings in the high 160's?

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I asked a doctor about it, and he said he didn't know WHAT it was, but as long as I didn't feel any strain, I should be good to go. I don't have to be angry when I actually preform the technique, because I wasn't when I took the readings. I've tried to meditate many times, but unfortunately my mind enjoys to wander
I don't know how to keep my mind calm enough to actually begin to meditate.

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Ok firstly its's very worrying for a doctor to tell you not to worry about it, as a systollic of 140 or above is considered high, and if persistent can be dangerous. So I'd consider getting a second opinion and a delatiled explaination from the GP of exactly what happens with high systollics.
Secondly I'm making a pretty big (and stereotypically bad) assumption that dus to your martial arts and age, you find meditating not exactly the most exiting of activities, which is why i suggested seeing a kung fu or tai chi teacher. They should be able to give you some good tips or even an alternative method to help alter your mind state.

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Heh, I knew I'd like this place. ya'll are quite helpful and informative. And I've only been here 30 minutes total

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Always good to help where possible.

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I saw a program on the Discovery Channel about a guy who could do the same thing. The only side effect he had was a very low heartrate, both at rest and while "practicing"(for lack of a better term). I dont remember what the program was, but it was definately very interesting, and your initial post instantly reminded me of it. Two doctors (I think, but at least one.) were present during the experiment that was performed, and the doctor(s) gave him the same advice as the the first doctor you mentioned. They said as long as he didnt feel any strain on his heart, or get very weak while "practicing" then it was not necessarily unhealthy. They did however say that they were basically clueless as to what allowed him to do this...

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Do you happen to remember the name of the program? EVERYTHING Discovery does is put on tape, and if I had the name of the program I could probably find it with some effort.

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jetshadow
Do you happen to remember the name of the program? EVERYTHING Discovery does is put on tape, and if I had the name of the program I could probably find it with some effort.

I dont remember, but I will definately check. It was something along the lines of the Myth Busters series, but that wasnt it, and I know it wasnt the XMA Program, but I will continue checking and get back.

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 11:12 PM
link   
The program was called More Than Human. I don't remember what date it was on, but I believe it was the same one that featured a man who fell on a garden stake, and I think that one was called "Watch That First Step" or something very similar. If that was the one, it is due to show again on December 28th at 2:00 est. I am not positive that it was that episode, but it was that program. Here is a link to a listing on www.discovery.com... where I found the listing of when it was on. It also has the times that the rest of the episodes are on, so you may want to try to catch those too just in case. Here you are: dsc.discovery.com...

EDIT:

That was not the episode it was on
but, I am still sure that it was that program. You may shoot an email to someone at the discovery channel as some of the episodes on that page do not have descriptions. I hate it when I only remember part of a marathon.

[Edited on 26-12-2003 by Milk]

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Well thanks a bunch Milk. This could be another step towards self fulfillment and improvement and maybe even enlightenment.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   
If you go to the Jeff Rense archives at www.soundwaves2000.com and listen to part 2 of the conversation with Patrick Flanagan (past archives, 3/3/03), Patrick talks about something called "hysterical strength", which he says he is able to summon at will - he describes a strength-based gymnastic trick he used to do which no-one else was ever able to duplicate.

Basically, the muscles in the human body normally only work at about a third of their full potential - there is a safety mechanism in place which prevents the muscles from overworking and causing damage. Under certain circumstances this can be bypassed and people can perform phenomenal feats of strength. Some people (such as martial arts experts) are able to do this at will. But it is very dangerous.

The strength discussion starts about 7 minutes 30 seconds into the stream, if you want to skip ahead.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   
It sounds like you are doing a little of bio feedback. One can change the way, the body responds to stimuli by altering the mind state. My heart tends to race at times and with a little bite of concentration I can make it go from 130 down to 70 or 80. Also I can make my blood pressure change all without meds, this includs while exericseing. for example my blood pressure will range from 120 over 70 to 78. When I am in pain my blood pressure will jump to 150 over 98 so I have learned to dull the pain and bring my pressure down to 110 over 64.

new topics

top topics

join