It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sleep paralysis... buzzing?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

Really? Heh, i had one. But there was no floating around the room or anything

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
The one thing I don't get is the pressure on my chest. Still, there is a first time for everything?
My sp does'nt have to be with me laying on my back. I can be on my side, usually my right hand side.
Always seems to happen 10 to or 10 past the hour, again this can vary between 2 and 4 am. The so called experts on the subject think this is the time for rem sleep, when all this nonsense is about to happen. That doesn't explain one nights episode of sp, when two sharp sticks touched my cheeks bones. I opened my eyes and straight away realized I was in sp. I was facing my alarm clock, completely paralysed, but fully conscious. This went on until around 5am, then I blacked out. When I went to the bathroom and looked in the mirror ( as one doe's ) I could seeright across my cheekbones it looked like sunburn. By the time I left the house around 12 that morning it had disappeared. Shame I didn't have a camera handy at the time.
I clearly remember trying to pull myself up as my arm was under the pillow, but to know avail.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I have had this for a while and i have been searching for answers. The first time it happened I felt a cold feeling and couldn't move. When I woke up, my pet was dead. After that it kept happening again and again. 3 days ago my mom told me she heard me having breathing problems at night and I couldn't recall anything other thannot being able to move.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I have had this for a while and i have been searching for answers. The first time it happened I felt a cold feeling and couldn't move. When I woke up, my pet was dead. After that it kept happening again and again. 3 days ago my mom told me she heard me having breathing problems at night and I couldn't recall anything other thannot being able to move.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by xhorrorgasmx

Yes I've had the "buzzing" but mine was also mixed with a " ringing" which made it sound like a loud machine right next to my ear.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Most of my adult life I have occasionally experienced buzzing in my head. I've always squelched it. Who wants a nasty electric-like buzz going from one side of the head to the other.

One night I woke up sitting up in bed. After lying back down, I realized I was experiencing sleep paralysis. It didn't bother me because I've read that, for whatever reason, this is natural. It was a strange feeling; like being in the body but disconnected. My will to move my arms just didn't work.

Several months later, the head buzz started. I was so very tired that night, I decided not to fight it. If it killed me, then so be it. After the buzz went from left to right inside my head, my body started vibrating. That was indeed a strange feeling. It happen several more times after that, but only part of my body would vibrate, sometimes the lower half, sometimes the upper.

Truly strange experiences. Still, I think I would like to experience a complete OOB.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
it's back.............. my thing, whatever it is is back!! Two nights ago I had the bright light ready to explode inside my head. I was whinsing, hold the edge of my pillow for dear life and I could sense the energy aand a presence infront of me. All I could see was like strange ripples in the air. I kept turning over to face the other way and eventually it seemed to give up and went away. Then the night before last it happened again, but this time I was facing the other way. It didn't seem as intence as the first a couple of nights earlier, but again I resisted it and it went away.
I was so close to going into my daughters room to sleep, but I didn't in the end. Don't try and tell me it's in my mind. I have met 'them' in real life, in real time and that's what makes it more #ing scarier than ever!
Why me is the question? Why anyone? What do they want from us? Capitalism has recked the soul of the average.... normal human being and it seem's as if 'they' just want to put the boot in further!!!
I cannot get my head around it!!!

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I have lucid dreams but am unsure whether they can actually be OBEs.
I have read Robert A Monroe's trilogy, so I know what to expect if I ever have one.

I have experienced 'the vibration' twice.
The first was mild and I was awake.
The second was an interruption of a lucid dream and was such violent shaking that it woke me.

My physical body and a semi transparent body were joined at the head and I was looking from that head as both undulated in the way that a jointed crash dummy would if held by the head and shaken. I could feel the shaking as well as seeing it.

I felt grateful and mentally said "thanks for that". That response was spontaneous thought; I have no idea who I thanked or why. I did not feel fear.

I have never had 'paralysis' and never seen shadow people, but I once saw the head and shoulders of a strange looking being who was observing my dream. I told 'it' to 'go away' and it did.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   

This is an interesting topic for me. I have suffered with this. When I was very young until I was 12 years old. In my case, it was just like you stated and progressed to this coming and going of paralasis, with a loud buzzing noise. In my experience though, it was like I was trapped in a vortex swirling around me with a very evil presence outside the vortex wanting to get at me.
It all stopped after I had a dream that I was running in a place that had flat dirt and big boulders. I was running from a large, ugly looking bird who wanted a bag I was carrying. I don't know what was in the bag but man, he wanted it and I was not about to give it to him! So, I kept hiding behind the boulders until I came upon a really skinny, tall, old library. I Opened the door and ran inside closing the door behind me. When I looked forward to see the place, there behind a desk was a short elf looking man who I felt was very old. He congratulated me for making it to the learning center, as he called it, and took my bag. I woke up partially to sleep paralasis, but the buzzing stopped, and the votex stopped spinning. I felt as though I won in some kinda game. Yeah, kinda strange, and I don't know if it was the dream but, it never happened again after that. What does all this mean~ I still can only guess really!

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
There are several threads on ATS relating to this phenomena.

I have also experienced this and can tell you that I was wide awake before I felt the pressure on my chest and the dark thing pinned me to the bed. I have tried to remember what sounds I could hear but do not recall, so no buzzing.

Do a search to find these threads that many have contributed to on ATS and also research the following:

hypnogocic states; sleep paralysis; incubus and sucubus.

After experiencing this several times for a duration of perhaps 3 months several years ago, I do NOT believe it is sleep paralysis. That is just a too easy way of trying to explain the UNexplainable, usually by people that have NEVER experienced it.

My husband was also pinned face down on one occasion and could not move as he could hear me and was trying to turn and help me. I was pinned on my back, each of us not knowing the other was awake. He thought I was having a violent dream.

I find it very difficult to believe that sleep paralysis can effect two people at the same time... in the same bed.

res

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by 8th

SP is more of a misfire or unhealthy side effect it is not healthy and its not something you should purposely try to induce. This is a sleep DISORDER that people suffer from and seek medical attention to get relief from. SP has been known to even be a type of seizure disorder...PEACE!!!

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   

I often lie in bed and I hear these weird, low noises that sound almost like a whine of sorts. Could also be tinnitus? It's similar to shivering too.

The noises sound similar to those that you may hear when you go to take a hearing test, except that they're louder and persistent.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
For the record I have had every test imaginable for sleep paralysis and every single test came back clear.

There is nothing wrong with me mentally or biologically. Have had the CT Scan, ECG.

The thing is , they were looking in the wrong place for my inplant. It is in the lower part of my leg. I thought about removing it myself, by just making a small nick in the skin. Then I got scared and thought better of it, so it is still there. Maybe I should and the sp might stop. Then again is this the same as messing around with nature? I don't know, but one thing I do know is that aliens DO exist!
I have met them in real time, not in sleep time or dream time or the twilight zone...in real time... human being time. Work zone time...GMT time! Do you know what? I am still in shock!! Nevermind the fact that the sp stopped nearon 4 years ago. So what happened? I go to see the top quacks in the country and they are in on it all.? Don't know what to be more afraid of them or the sp. Maybe that's the real truth. How far do you go to not be afraid? For instance if you watch star treck for the first time and you see some aliens are you not scared, because; a) It's on the tele b) you believe it to be a product of someones imagination.

When I was made to watch an operation on my head by the.... Ummm.... visitors. Not apropriate to go into details at this point. Firstly, I am still in shock and this was nearly 5 years ago. Secondly, I was not scared! I was too busy watching and picking up on every little detail that went on and #ing gobsmacked to even think about being scared.... and I am a woman!!! For over 20 minutes I was in complete paralysis, while all this was going on. Basically what happened, I refused to open my eyes all frigging hell broke loose and the next thing I know I'm watching from the ceiling. I won't go into detail. I may have written about it in part on other threads.
I have rang the Samaritans twice, not because I'm sucidal, but for inpartial advice/chat, when I have had a bad day and all is not as it seem's and I don't want to join in with the world. I would never leave my house if I didn't have too. That's how it is for me. Saying that, have to work to pay for the roof over my head, thus I have to go out to go to work. You can't win! lol Be strong! It is like the 'Trueman' show, but keep that inner strength, we all know we have. x

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I have experienced the buzzing....
So interesting reading everyones experiences and interpretations of what Sleep paralysis is. What stands out to me is that most people who have actually experienced it have a very different (and perhaps more supernatural) take on it and those who offer a scientific explanation (though not to say those explanations are wrong) mostly have not experienced it first hand.

I experienced it very often as a kid, quite often as a young adult and now on the odd occasion though gratefully not in a while now, and I would not wish it on anyone. It has been mostly if not always as I am drifting off to sleep, wakes me abruptly and one thing I can say that I am 100% sure of is that I am awake, fully concious and fully aware of what is happening, it is not some sort of half dream state. The first thing that happens to me is the buzzing and it's not some kind of buzz you might feel when you knock your head like someone suggested! It is very loud and very violent, almost as you would feel as if a dentist was drilling all your teeth at the same time, and I am of course completely paralyzed, unable to move or speak, I fight it desperately and there is no question of me 'going with the flow' to see what happens! It is TERRIFYING, and I can understand people who feel something evil is happening, it is definately a VERY nasty feeling. All I can be grateful for is that I havent seen any dark figures and I am so sorry for those who have as to see something like that whilst in that state must be horrific. I did however have one very strange experience - I'll try keep it short!

One day, about the age of 20 I came home early from work and lay down on my bed. Just as I was falling asleep I suffered an episode of sleep paralysis, which after some effort I managed to shake off and afterwards fell asleep properly. Not long after, I woke to feeling my partner lay down on the bed next to me - I had my eyes closed but was coherent and aware, even of the time of day as I thought 'he's home early' and I certainly wasn't in a state of SP. He cuddled up to me - then put his arm and his leg right over me. It started to feel wrong, like he was heavy and starting to suffocate me. I opened my eyes and there was nobody there....

I know SP has been associated with there being a presence in the room but a presence that is there after SP is no longer happening? In my mind it adds more weight to these 'beings' not being hallucinations. Maybe it was unrelated to the SP but seems a bit coincidental to me. Be good to know other peoples thoughts on it.
So nice to tell my story without feeling like a complete loon!
edit on 18-7-2013 by LouA72 because: typos

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: xhorrorgasmx

I had a sleep paralysis incident last year it started as I was on my back right before going to bed I started to feel hey rotating buzzing sound that got louder and and diminished as it rotated around my head as if it was Amplified and then decreased. Hi then decided to open my eyes but I could not it felt like they were wired shut and my muscles weren't strong enough to open the eyelids I couldn't move my body and I couldn't talk or say a word but couldn't see anything but felt a presence in the room. I would say the entire experience lasted about 30 - 40 seconds and as I was fighting it and finally broke and I was able to open my eyes and move my body weirdest thing that's ever happened to me I don't know what it means and I haven't had one since

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join