It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sleep paralysis... buzzing?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I posted my experience on another thread but thought I'd start a thread of my own for feedback.

It would seem that my experience was sleep paralysis, or that's what I've logically conluded.

I was lying in bed, had just woken up and was scared and didn't want to open my eyes. I couldn't move my body (which is why I think it was sleep paralysis). The paralysis wasn't solid though, it came in waves, so one moment I felt tense and unable to move, the next I was fine, and then I would tense up again, unable to move.

This particular time was strange though because any other time I've experienced what seemed to be sleep paralysis, it was a constant paralysis. It didn't come in waves.

The other things that was different about this time was that with every wave of paralysis, I heard a loud buzzing in my head. Not a smooth, high-pitched squeal, more like the kind of buzzing you'd hear from a bug zapper (terrible example, I know). The buzzing would come and go with the paralysis; I would hear it when I was tensed up and it would stop when the tension released. In the later waves, before it all stopped, I could hear words through the buzzing (and no, there was no one talking when the buzzing stopped).

I've looked into sleep paralysis a bit and I know that with it you can have hallucinations, so I'm not suggesting that this is anything more than sleep paralysis.

What I do want to know about is if anyone else has had this buzzing (although I know one member has, since they had another post about it) or if they've experienced this kind of paralysis with the waves of tension.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
You were sooo close to having a out of body experience. Believe me.

*Holds finger and thumb a few millimeters a away from each other.

That's the exact state of being that many members are looking for here on ATS.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
That is some tweaky stuff. See a doctor to confirm if it is a serious medical problem. I know a guy who would get sleep paralysis sometimes. Doctors told him it was caused by his brain tumor. He had an operation to remove the tumor, and now he doesn't get sleep paralysis anymore.

On the other hand, maybe aliens are coming for you?

8th

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Hey there xhorrorgasmx, I can relate.

I recently have been getting hit with sleep paralysis hard these last couple of months, and just last week I got it where it came in waves. Its like your normal but then it will hit and your hearing is altered when it does, then it will go away when you snap out of it. I had a little stuggle going in and out for about 30 seconds, and that was the first time its done that.

It almost felt like a battle. The voices are normal, and most of the time you cant understand what they are saying, but they come with the sleep paralysis most of the time. I havnt heard the buzzing yet, but people say thats related to outer body experiences. Usually when I get sleep paralysis, I hear more of a wooshing, like you just dunked your head under water.

Hope this helps..

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I once had something similar but i always thought it was just a dream forcing my body into my state of mind. You know, like when you dream about yourself falling off the stairs and your body truly bumps in bed, making you wake up.

When it happened to me i was dreaming about a woman in the house in front of mine. She was at the window with a weird hat. Then she looks up and sees me, and my body fells to the ground, and i'm totally unable of moving it and im having difficulty talking. I was screaming but the words would come out almost silent. The coolest came next when this paralysis and difficulty to talk persisted a few seconds after i wake up. It was really cool when it was over(not so cool in those 3 to 4 seconds when i was screaming for my mother and the words seemed trapped inside. Lot of air coming out but the words werent loud at all).

Well, i was paralyzed, that's a fact. But i doubt it has anything to do with this stuff you guys experience. I believe my experience had something to do with my dream, and it probably has a very simple explanation.

In the following days i never looked at the window in the front house. I was frightened.

[edit on 26-3-2007 by NinterX]

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uplifted
That is some tweaky stuff. See a doctor to confirm if it is a serious medical problem. I know a guy who would get sleep paralysis sometimes. Doctors told him it was caused by his brain tumor. He had an operation to remove the tumor, and now he doesn't get sleep paralysis anymore.

On the other hand, maybe aliens are coming for you?

Wrong. Everyone experiences paralysis during REM sleep.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
wow you were on the verge of astral projection
you should take a look at the stickied thread on the top of the treads titled"conscious oobe its real"

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
As has been noted this is practically the same experience I shared. I felt a monotonous humming in my head as I felt my body become more and more stiff. I could literally feel waves of energy flowing through me but decided to cut it short as it completely freaked me out.

Eitherway over the last few weeks though the buzzing hasnt returned I have had irregular ear poppings and the energy wave sensation.

I might plough on and embrace the experience but who knows where the rabbit hole ends.

Kolo

[edit on 26-3-2007 by kolo_heights]

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Personally when I had an experiences like this. I was very happy. I tried to keep it as long as I could to attempt to leave my body. Sometimes it worked and I got out, other times I just lost the paralysis and started to move physically.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
yea like the bandit said,

you were definitely close,

first the sleep paraysis --> then the buzzing --> then the vibration --> then the split

for me, the split felt like something was pushing be back down, when I force myself up, once I got up, I felt like lightweighted!

i think thats how it went for me..to bad i haven't able to do this.

I don't know how I was able to do it, all I know was I had a really bad day that day, while I was upset, my mind was clear and I fell a sleep.

But when I fell a sleep, I was listening to like this humming noise or hovering noise, kinda sound like when the car engine is running, but I focused on that, and sometime later I experienced what i told you guys...

before that I managed to get OBE, but I never experience the splitting part, and all of my OBE weren't at will
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will be grateful if someone tell me the proper way of doing it!!!

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Thanks to everyone for replying... I had no idea that that's what happens before you leave your body... now I feel kind of lame haha. Seems like everyone knows but me!

The feedback is really appreciated.

One person mentioned astral projection... another silly question from me is, is that the same as an OOBE? Because it sounds like it would be, just by the name...

Oh, and can I try to get this to happen? As in, can I attempt to purposefully have an OOBE, or is it something that just... happens?

I obviously don't know anything about this. Any links would be awesome

8th

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I dont want to move off topic, so can somebody PM me in reguards to this reply?

I once believed (through reading threads on here) that sleep paralysis was a gateway to astral projection. Then I was swayed to believe that SP is an evil force, which is believable because in one of my first instances I saw the dark figure standing over me. Every time I get SP it feels unpleasant...

If this is not the case and it can be used to achieve astral projection or an OBE then can somebody please PM me to elaborate more? Preferably people who have already experienced this.. I'd really appreciate it, as I am at a crossroads with this.

Much appreciated,

8th

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
8th...

I would PM you, but I haven't made 20 posts yet so I can't...

I read that with sleep paralysis people often have hallucinations, which could explain the dark figure... but I find it kind of odd how so many people have the same hallucination of the dark figure standing over them.

That's all I know.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Yes you were litterally a thought away from an OBE.....
If you were not scared and willed yourself to float ETC.... you would have had a good chance of being fully conciously exteriorized!

(this has only happened to me once... although i have had many many partially concious projections in various 1/2 dream states ETC where you realize that you are in a dream state and take control ETC and experince a hash of dream and real world landscapes......
And upon waking realize that your conciousness was not 100% lucid....

As i said only once did i have a 100% concious obe where i was just as awake as i am now! and unfortuneately it only lasted about 15 seconds as i paniced....
I dont know why i did but it seemed so natural at the time...
]
When this occured (ill give you a little background)
I was heavily into astral projection at that time and readiing many books.
P.s.One of the best i have read is this one (get it)

:books.google.com.au...
And i went to bed (totally with-out any intention of projecting) and done some progressive relaxation (with some exercises i read in a book called "Super-Memory by Sheila Ostrander, Lynn Schroeder" (this is beside the point)...

so any way I started doing some breath work just getting a good natural rhythm going and i fell right into it...

I.E often i can get hung up on the ratios or can't get into a good natural groove by this night in particular i was very successful and after a short time i was very relaxed and breathing in this deep relaxed state with-out any effort and i actually fell asleep whilst breathing this way.. i.e i actually maintained this deep natural breathing even though i was falling asleep.. nomally if this occured i would drop out of it....(or lost conciousness?) the next thing i remember was a weird beeping sound like an old dial up modem connecting in side my head.....
Then i opened my eyes and i was fully awake....
I was laying a few feet above my bed and i looked around the room which was lit in a dull grainny gray which was uniform with-out any particular light source...... i floated left right up and down just for fun....
Then i had a self destructive idea.... "This will be over if i panic! what if i start sinking ???? Blah blah blah and i ruined it for myself........
in the blink of an eye i was back in my body......

I have had many many other experience where i wake up paralysed as you describe... (none in the last few years however)....
an sometimes while in this state i have seen "Predetor" style distortions (if you have seen this movie this is the best way i can explain it....) silouetes of small creatures crawing on my body ECT.....

ONce while i was unable to move one was crawing on my legs... a big face was coming out of the bunk bed above me and at the same time an something was stuffing wadds of an unknown substance into my mouth....?
Bazar i know..... but you kind of know everything is going to be ok when you can regain control of your body....
I started with my finger tips and gradually in about 20 seconds regained control and the images faded.....

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
xhorrorgasmx and 8th

Astral Projection and OOBE are the same thing I believe, I'm no expert, but I've been around on this forum long enough to realize there are simlarites. Although I think Astral Projection OOBE in other dimensions. lol, man I gotta look into these things again, but college I tell yah.

yeah i had one of those experiences as well, for me the dark figure was just a figment of my dream, and nothing more. I'm not going to lie to you, I did have sleep paralysis at the time, I just realize it wasn't real when everything else seems a little distorted like the text on a poster in my room. Then with just my luck, I woke up in another dream, lol couldn't wake up there, it was dreadful.

and I know how u feel 8th, when that dark figure try to touch my chest, I swear I only felt that level of fear twice in my life. Even nearly-drowning and being stuck in a burning room wasn't so bad. But seriously, its not that bad, it could be our subconious trying to prevent us from OBE, because its similar to the NDE, cept theres more brain activity.

But hey now that you mentioned it, I'm quite curious myself about the correlation or relation between sleep paralysis, lucid dreams, and OOBE. I know there all interelated some how....lol just dont know

8th

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   
The dark figure is definatly not an imaginative figure. It was only my 1st or 2nd time having SP when I saw it and I'd say it was my scariest. I didn't know what the hell was happening.

Do you have yahoo messenger or aim? I can give you my screen name if you want to and I could go in depth about the experiences that I've had. Like I said, the last couple of months it has really been active and thanks to ATS I found out I wasn't alone.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
hey 8th def man...

i'll u2u it you....

well anyone else, while were at it, lol chatroom? j/k

8th

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by skyblueff0
xhorrorgasmx and 8th

Astral Projection and OOBE are the same thing I believe, I'm no expert, but I've been around on this forum long enough to realize there are simlarites. Although I think Astral Projection OOBE in other dimensions. lol, man I gotta look into these things again, but college I tell yah.

yeah i had one of those experiences as well, for me the dark figure was just a figment of my dream, and nothing more. I'm not going to lie to you, I did have sleep paralysis at the time, I just realize it wasn't real when everything else seems a little distorted like the text on a poster in my room. Then with just my luck, I woke up in another dream, lol couldn't wake up there, it was dreadful.

and I know how u feel 8th, when that dark figure try to touch my chest, I swear I only felt that level of fear twice in my life. Even nearly-drowning and being stuck in a burning room wasn't so bad. But seriously, its not that bad, it could be our subconious trying to prevent us from OBE, because its similar to the NDE, cept theres more brain activity.

But hey now that you mentioned it, I'm quite curious myself about the correlation or relation between sleep paralysis, lucid dreams, and OOBE. I know there all interelated some how....lol just dont know

I hear you man, I'm in college too and all you need is some sleep and thats when it'll hit hahaha. As for the dark figure, its as real as the moment. You know when you "wake up" and having the SP and your conscious and trying to snap out of it? I saw it in that state.

I knew I was awake, I was trying to break out of it, and the big dark figure was standing to the side of me, looking over me. I heard lots of voices, like a TV was on, then I heard a really deep voice that I couldn't understand. I believe that was the big black thing speaking... And the usual backround noise was there, that sounds like I dunked my head under water.

Crazy stuff... Some people say if you relax and let the feeling take over, you can step toward an OBE, but that feeling always feels evil. Maybe it isn't but I havn't been able to relax yet and I've had over 20 SP experiences in about the last 2 months.

I'm glad there are others out there like you guys, to share this information with. Its very comforting and interesting to hear the similarities in the experiences.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   
well i set you my aim screenname, check ur mailbox....

but what do u mean by SP? im a little unsure of the abbreviation, but that dark figure, could be an entity, like a shadow being. But, I had experience with them, and they tendency to sway from contact. I've heard stories of them being drawn to negative energy, because they feed on it. But, I never had that problem, and they seem to me more scared of me then again I'm an extravert and its hard for me to get sad,mad, or scared.

hey man dont sweat it, its been a while since I had a legit discussion about these sort of things. I guess I lost interest in ATS paranormal forum lately because some of the paranormal thread seems so cheesy or really out there. (Bandit you're a mod, you know what I mean, don't you?)

I'm glad there are still honest people like you guys!!

PS. I've been meaning to say thanks for the link morphonius821.

[edit on 26-3-2007 by skyblueff0]

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I think the most important thing to remember with respect to apparitions is that there is no reason to be affraid simply because you can or have seen one...
Because if you think about it logically they are probably always there!
There is other dimensions of reality around us that we are normally not aware of....
And simply because we get a glimpse into one of these normally hidden dimensions it does not mean something sinister has befallen us.....

It probably only means that you have had the good fortune to glimpse that which has always been there......

That is why i am never very affraid of such things..... most people live their whole lives blissfully unaware of anything of this nature ..... this is not because they are not exposed to the same types of spiritual energies and entities you are.... they are just happy with their blinkers on........

To see these things is scarey but you must endevour to keep in mind that what you are seeing is a hidden aspect to you NORMAL existence....
And that if your were "blind" like most everyone else you would be in no more or less danger.....
So chill and enjoy those dark experiences.....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join