It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

which book would you like to see made into a movie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 07:15 AM
link   
i have read a lot of books in the last 54 years and some of them have been outstanding but could never have been made into a movie/s, because the characters or locations were to exotic or for other technical reasons. the state of the movie industry is now such that almost any thing can be done, but even given it would be difficult to impossible to make which book would you like to see made into a movie. even with it's faults and there were many i really enjoyed the lord of the rings adaption. the last dune attempt on the sci fi channel was acceptable. so?...

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I generally don't like to see good books made into movies for the simple reason that there is just too much stuff in a book to squeeze into a 2 hour movie. The last attempt at Dune was much better because they went the mini series route, giving them 3 times as much time to develop the story. The Lord of the Rings could have easily been a 10 part miniseries and left quite abit of the plot out, still it was pretty good. One total disapointment for me was The Chronicles of Narnia, now it's been 15 years since i read the book but it really seemed like they hacked the book apart and left some important details out, which with time constraints i understand but still ticks me off.

To answer your question though, I think i'd like to see the Ice Wind Dale trilogy(R.A. Salvatore) made into a movie, I don't know if it will ever happen though, if the Dragonlance movie has any success the movie houses may start snatching up the rights to popular Fantasy books and making animated versions of them.

JbT

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
In grade 7 I read a book called "The girl who owned a city". It was about a virus/event that happens all over the world in which everyone above the age of 15 dies. The 15 year olds and younger are now forced to gang up and fend for themselfs in gangs, battling eachother, ect, ect.

I always thought that it would be an awsome HBO series or maybe trio of movies to include all the needed info/conflicts.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
JbT:

That concept is very similar to a TV show that was on a year or two ago, called "Jeremiah". It was based on some comic books, but I never read those. The show was really good, though. Everyone died who had started puberty, and the kids were left to fend for themselves.

JbT

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonsDemesne
JbT:

That concept is very similar to a TV show that was on a year or two ago, called "Jeremiah". It was based on some comic books, but I never read those. The show was really good, though. Everyone died who had started puberty, and the kids were left to fend for themselves.

WoW. Ill have to have a look into that. Any Idea if it's in video stores/DVD?

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by JbT
In grade 7 I read a book called "The girl who owned a city". It was about a virus/event that happens all over the world in which everyone above the age of 15 dies. The 15 year olds and younger are now forced to gang up and fend for themselfs in gangs, battling eachother, ect, ect.

I always thought that it would be an awsome HBO series or maybe trio of movies to include all the needed info/conflicts.

there was a show about that on HBO I think. It had the cosby kid and the dude from beverly hills luke preistley or whatever his name was.

it was actually not a bad show

edited to add:
read the thread before posting crakeur.

[edit on 26-3-2007 by Crakeur]

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Snow Crash - Neil Stephonson. SPOILERS

Mafia delivers Pizza, America is a loose conglomeration of corporate city-states and rapid inflation is the rule of the day. Where a tillion dollar bill can only get you a pack of smokes, it paints a rather bleak picture of America in an Anarcho-Capitolist environment with no strong central government at all, militarily or otherwise. Really good book with lots of Sword fights and Gatling guns tearing into the Enterprise, which in turn is a Raft for some religious zealot who controls people with Tongues transmitted wirelessly over the air to these people who babble it out when the signal gets recieved by an antenna suspiciously resembling an TV Bunny Ears fused directly into his/her brainstem. This has the effect of sending everyone into a babble frenzy and in effect, propogates an extremely virulent meme.

The Eye of the World - Robert Jordan
The first book in the epic Wheel of Time series. This is his finest and can definately act as a standalone 20 part miniseries or even a regular Serialized TV show. That would be awesome. I hope TVLand does that someday. It's High Fantasy told in a Highly Realistic fashion.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   
i know it wouldnt make a good movie but i was thinking the sword of truth series i loved them all and i was very curious as to what they would make the characters look like

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Stephen King -- The Stand

Made into a miniseries but quality was lacking, I think the story is probably too long for hollywood to do justice to the novel.

Without Remorse -- Tom Clancy

Novel about Clark, the CIA man for every covert mission, had roles in alot of the Jack Ryan based novels but his story would make an eccelent movie.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
The ones I'm interested in seeing, they are already making into movies.

The Chronicles Trilogy, or moreover, Dragons of Autumn Twilight, and Ender's Game, by Orson Scott Card.

I am anxiously awaiting both of these!

new topics

top topics

join