It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens if they release them?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I have seen a few threads regarding the recent capture of the RN service men accused of spying.
There are many speculations as to what will happen if they don't return them, but what happpens if they do?

Will this cause more caution do all involved, maybe working to Iran's advantage?

or

Will this cause any rash decisions by the UK/UN Military. In other words push them in one direction regardess of the outcome.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Good question....

After Iran has milked this situation for every drop, or has taken it to the very limit of Western patience...I believe that's what will happen...release.

While I don't consider war with Iran, and all of it's ramifications, a reasonable remedy for this issue, my thoughts & best wishes remain with the fifteen...and their loved ones.

For everyones best interest, I hope the British will continue to to show patience & good judgement. Sometimes, restraint in the face of pressure...is the true show of strength & character.

Peace &
Good Fortune
OBE1

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
If they release them then nothing happens. Thats why everyone is hoping the Iranians hurry up and do so, so that everyone can save face on both sides and chalk this whole thing up to a "misunderstanding".

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I would be glad if the British servicemen were returned.

Look what happened in Lebanon when Hezbolla kidnapped two Isrealie service men.

I hope that cooler heads prevail here.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Indeed. With the supposed fact that more Aircraft carriers will be entering the gulf in the near future, and Iran knowing that Bush has been pointing the finger at them for quite some time, I believe they will release them after forcing a few "confessions" out of them and parading them around a bit.

If it were Israeli sailors they had captured, wooh that could get ugly pretty quick. But we all know how well the "superior" Israeli war machine can eradicate guerillas in a small country - one that must be 1/10th the size of Iran. I bet Israel, if allowed certain air spaces and the rights to aerial tankers, could do a number on Iran's nuclear facilities. They did it once in Iraq, and i'm sure they'd do it again to Iran. Personally I think it'd be amusing in an ironic way if Israeli F-16s and F-15s, or American ones for that matter, were to fight against Iranian F-14s and F-5s. If Iran still has working AWACS and AIM-54 missles, it could be deadly, but since we haven't supplied them in quite some time, the F-14s would probably be shot down rather quickly. I believe Iraqi MIG-25 foxbats fled to Iran during the gulf war. If Iran were to operate some of those, they could do an ok job of at least harassing the American made fighters.

But we're talking about the Brits, not Israel. Again I think Iran is smart enough to know to release them soon enough.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   
There are more aircraft carriers headed to the region? The US already has 2 and doesnt have any more to send at the current. The French aircraft carrier just arrived this past week. So who is sending more?

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
There are more aircraft carriers headed to the region? The US already has 2 and doesnt have any more to send at the current. The French aircraft carrier just arrived this past week. So who is sending more?

Isn't the Ronald Reagan steaming towards the region?

Sure I read that somewhere...

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Isn't the Ronald Reagan steaming towards the region?

That's what I remember reading here to, apparently from this thread :3rd CSG heads to Gulf !

From what I can tell the Reagan is now in the Western Pacific / East Asia area, though could be deployed to the gulf if needed within days.

The Eisenhower and Stennis are in the area, along with the French carrier Charles de Gaulle and the U.S. amphibious assault group led by the Boxer.

The Nimitz is scheduled to set sail for the gulf region in the next few weeks, apparently to relieve the Eisenhower. Of course if hostilities break out, the Eisenhower could stay in the region rather than returning to port.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
So are these just relief replacements or are these to stay for awhile?

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   
From what I read, it appears they are doing some 'training' exercises in the near vacinity. ( read between the lines )
As far as them being there for long term...

Back on topic,

If Iran returns the troops, will this or has this, made the 'big boys' step back a bit.

Possibly re-think a few things?

new topics

top topics

join