It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm going out of my mind!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Okay, I've just come back to my Dad's house where I first started getting closely into this site, aliens, conspiracy, and the paranormal. I had started collecting some images and videos of aliens and UFOs. I haven't been here since November 2006, and I remembered a photo here that I was going to show here to see what you guys think because I've not yet seen it here or anywhere else on the 'net.

Problem!! It's gone!!
I'm not going to suggest that some MIB came to delete it from my hard drive or anything, because it's pretty likely it was accidentally deleted after how much this computer gets abused with kids on it frequently. I searched my computer for all image files and it didn't show up. I also used system mechanic professional to perform an extensive scan to recover deleted files and it didn't find it either.

So the point of this post is that I want to see it again, I am hoping...mostly expecting that somebody out there has it. I'm not saying it's the real deal, I just thought it was unusual that I have never seen it anywhere else.

So, I don't remember the picture very clearly, so this description may be a little vague: The picture is of an alien body, presumably dead or sick. It did not look like a Grey or Reptillian or any other familiar alien. It was very pale and looked almost human like... except there was absolutely no nose. You could only see the head and possibly neck, the head was resting on a towel if I remember correctly. I don't think the photo was in black and white. I think the eyes were closed and there was something unusual about the ear, but I don't remember what exactly. I found the picture sometime between June to November 2006 using Morpheus searching for alien or UFOs. I tried searching morpheus again and I couldn't find it.

I really hope I do not sound crazy and I won't be ridiculed, I seriously intended to show you this picture tonight as I suddenly remembered it, but it's no longer in my computer. I hadn't thought of it to be anything groundbreaking and I still don't, I was only curious about showing you guys because I have not seen it anywhere else before.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I think i know the picture you are thinking of, but i don't have it saved.

www.unexplained-mysteries.com...
Thats the Unexplained Mysteries alien gallery. Have a look through that.

Oh, and this page has some like you described www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

The Ming Pao ones...

[edit on 26-3-2007 by fooffstarr]

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I am sorry you feel so stressed about the situation.

The thread title says you are going out of your mind, yet you rationalized an explaination for the picture being removed from your computer.

Is there more to this?

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Venusian Female?
Why do they have a picture of the OC's Misha Barton as an alien?...

(Sorry for the slightly off topic)

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooffstarr
Venusian Female?

No, I think it is surely Uma Thurman.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways

Originally posted by fooffstarr
Venusian Female?

No, I think it is surely Uma Thurman.

Thats a possibility too!

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I'm guessing the photo you're looking for is one of the infamous Dr. Reed images. He appeared on C2C claiming to have had an encounter in the woods (during which his dog was killed) and that he had the body of an alien stashed away in a freezer.

I'll bet this is the one.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
That site doesn't have the picture, and it is not the Reed alien. The being seemed much more human-like.

Is there more to this?

No, not really. A part of me wants to think "What if I had something big?" but I really can't buy into that. It doesn't seem any more special than any other alien photo I've seen, and though I found it interesting, I didn't think anything more of it at the time than the other photos I had collected. I know that it was really here on this computer and I wouldn't have intentionally deleted it. I think it's just similar to losing sleep over not being able to identify the name of an actor or song or something like that. It's just seriously bugging me.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
If it was deleted you could look into some file recovery software.

There are free programs out there that work quite well.

I have used this in the past to some success:
www.pcinspector.de...

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Okay, I'm trying that software you recommended. It looks like it will take a while... I'll let everyone know if I find it.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
If it was deleted you could look into some file recovery software.

There are free programs out there that work quite well.

I have used this in the past to some success:
www.pcinspector.de...

How do I use this with best results? I am not sure what the image file type was, I assume JPEG. I spent an entire day with this and it only got to 12%, and I didn't find the file. Right now I am using it's media check function which is going much faster, but I'm not sure what exactly it will do? Is it what I want?

I've been searching like a madman on the internet to find this picture again, but I've had no success. Either the picture really is something or it's a hoax that was easily dismissed or never caught on. I'm really determined to find this picture again because I do not want to end up like another poster that can't produce results. I am still really surprised that nobody has been able to reproduce the image here... I expected it to be an image that has already surfaced on ATS but couldn't find it in a search.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 02:50 AM
link   
It can be a confusing program to work with. Ill give you a short run down of how I used it when I used it.

Start the program

Click English, green check mark

Click first icon by recover deleted files *wait*

Click hduser on windows drive c: *this could vary for you*

Click green check mark *wait*

On left side of window under folders, scroll down to RECYCLER

Expand the folder and view the contents. When I was looking for my files they were in here.

I'm not guaranteeing you will find your file if deleted. There is the possibility that it is gone if your drive totally wrote information over it.

Since this forum is not dedicated to pc support I will stop here.

You will probably have better luck (and save some time) if you just describe what you can from memory of the photo in question. Someone will probably remember it.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Okay, well I had downloaded the wrong program (Smart Recovery). I followed your directions with the File Recovery program, and it did not have the image.

I wish I could describe it better, I really do! I haven't seen the image since at least November 2006, however! I know that my brother has seen it, I will see if his memory is more photographic than mine. I really hope that someone can reproduce it here.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 03:22 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   
No.. it's not that one either. If it can be found on the internet or in image search, it would not be an easy find because I've been trying for several days now.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I had the same thing happen to me about a year ago.

I live with my mother. She doesn't even use the computer at all, so I'm the only person who uses it EVER.

I had some rare pictures of Area 51 and UFOs in the "My Pictures" and one day they were all gone. I know for a fact I didn't delete them. Nothing else on my computer was missing or acting strange.

Those of you who know me know that I hound a lot of government/military folks so perhaps they did that as a warning. I'll never know. It was odd to say the least though...

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Did you also attempt a file recovery?

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Well no such luck. At least this serves as a good warning: If you find a rare photo, make lots of copies of it!

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 04:29 AM
link   
if you want to keep/store files and or images, get a nice flash drive 2 to 4 gig $70 to $100, they last 10 years and are easy to hide or use as a keychain/fob then you will always have them "on" you

top topics

join