It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could you make it so the U2U only blinks when we get a new U2U message?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Is there a way that someone could code the U2U to only blink when we have an actual new message? I think that would serve us better than to have it constantly blinking.

After awhile, it just tends to get ignored. There could actually be an important message, but won't be checked since the u2u was actually forgotten about because it was already being ignored.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 01:01 AM
link   
That's what it's supposed to do.

Due to some glitch, it does continue to blink even after reading the new message sometimes. This can usually be fixed by deleting or saving the most recent message(s) until it stops.

Hope that helps

[edit on 3/26/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Thanks, cleared out my entire inbox, and it stopped blinking. Actually it disappeared all together.
Oh well.

I should be able to access it through the member center if it doesn't pop back up later on if I need to access it.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I had problem with this bug too. For some reason some u2u keep flashing even after I read them. (and refresh)

sometimes no. As pointed out above the problemetic u2u's can be deleted and the flashing stops. Does anyone know what causes this?

I'm using Firefox 1.5.11 on WinXP Pro platform.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mystery_Lady
I should be able to access it through the member center if it doesn't pop back up later on if I need to access it.

If you don't have any new U2Us, the button just says Member Center. When you get a new U2U, it turns red and blinks and says something like New U2U. (This is the way it operates normally when the nasty glitch isn't there)

And yes, you can access it through your member center.

I'll send you a U2U to test the function. You can just read it and your button SHOULD go back to normal.
Then you can delete it.

BH

[edit on 26-3-2007 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 12:14 AM
link   
To whomever fixed the glitch, thank you, thank you, thank you, very much. It is working normaly now.
I didn't even have to delete the message from the inbox for the blinking to disappear.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 01:44 AM
link   
U2Us from certain members will always show as being unread, even though you're read them. They won't stay bold, but the button keeps blinking. I don't know what causes it, but I have a member that I message that everytime I get one from him I KNOW it's gonna keep flashing if I don't save it.

top topics

join