It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sean Penns followup letter to Bush

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Four and a half years ago, I addressed the issue of war in an open letter to our President. Today I would like to again speak to him and his, directly. Mr. President, Mr. Cheney, Ms. Rice et al: Indeed America has a rich history of greatness -indeed, America is still today a devastating military.

And because, in the absence of a competent or brave Congress, of a mobilized citizenry, that level of power lies in your hands, it is you who have misused it to become our country's and our constitution's most devastating enemy. You have broken our country and our hearts. The needless blood on your hands, and therefore, on our own, is drowning the freedom, the security, and the dream that America might have been, once healed of and awakened by, the tragedy of September 11, 2001.

But now, we are encouraged to self-censor any words that might be perceived as inflammatory - if our belief is that this war should stop today. We cower as you point fingers telling us to "support our troops." Well, you and the smarmy pundits in your pocket, those who bathe in the moisture of your soiled and bloodstained underwear, can take that noise and shove it. We will be snowed no more. Let's make this crystal clear. We do support our troops in our stand, while you exploit them and their families. The verdict is in. You lied, connived, and exploited your own countrymen and most of all, our troops.

We all know Penn's stance on the Iraq war this is his follow-up letter to Bush specifically Barbara Lee's amendment for troop withdrawal. I can't help but think of the movie Team America and the portrayal of Penn but his comments are lucid and try to drill a point home. Still nothing will really change and the Iran aspect is starting to heat up quickly.

src: www.informationclearinghouse.info...

brill

[edit on 25-3-2007 by brill]

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   
well said mr.penn, he could have gone alot stronger than "moisture of underpants" but he let his feelings known. I can imagine when he first wrote that letter the language was much more colourful, but he probably had to tone it down.
Did Penn do a visit of Iraq some years ago, I seem to recall a documentary following him through Iraq???

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Yah the moisture reference was a tad strange....even for Spicoli.

I think he did a tour of some type at the beginning of the war but I don't have any details.

brill

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by brill
Yah the moisture reference was a tad strange....even for Spicoli.

I think he did a tour of some type at the beginning of the war but I don't have any details.

brill

ahaha good one brill...spicoli LOL. I also thought about Team America when I saw his name as well, and the Film Actors Guild (F.A.G.)LOL

I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't get a visit from the secret service on that letter.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Who gives a
what he thinks. Is he a famous statesmen or something or just an actor. Why do we care at all about this
at all.

new topics

top topics

join