It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slaughterhouses

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by feygan

Originally posted by Losonczy
do you feel anything when that 1 out of 10 becomes concious or are you desensitized at this point?

Well sure it aint nice for the animal, but we tend to be more concerned with getting in and speeding up the whole proccess, mainly as when a 4ft long 35kg animal is hanging upside down, with it's throat cut they tend to thrash around a fair bit. But yeah it's not very pleasent when that happens.

But how do you STAND IT. I mean...if you have a living innocent animal hanging upside down with it's throat slit...doesn't that freak you out. I mean we hear these things about people being murdered and the stuff that the Jeffery Dahmer's of the world do to people and I have a hard time understanding how it's different. In other words...how you could feel for the suffering human and find it horrifying...but see the suffering animal and consider it all in a days work. Doesn't it creep you out?

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Not really, either way the animal is going to die. If I do it or someone else does. So as it's gota happen I may aswell do it, and get a days wage.

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I live down the stree from Alpin Meat Packing in CA. When I was abour 13-14 I rode my bike up to the entrance, I seen a 18 wheel truck with two open trailers FULL TO THE TOP with skin,guts,blood you name it. Now at age 28 I'm considering going there to buy my meat at a discounted rate (I HOPE)

Me being a hunter I'v seen/slaughtered them, and it may not be the considered the funnest thing to do, but DAMN nothing like FRESH FOOD

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Losonczy
I think I would have a lot easier time doing that to a human that an innocent animal.

So do I...

If I were in a situation where it's either me, or the animal... Then I could kill it with out problem. In any other situation, as long as there's an alternative to killing a poor innocent beast, I would have moral problems to do it...

When I was a kid, I badly injuried a bird while playing outside. I don't really remember how I did it, but the bird was staying on the ground, stuff was comming out of his belly and...I knew he wouldn't have been able to fly away. So I had to kill the poor bird. I'll always remember that day and...the look in his eyes when I approached him to put an end to his pains...

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I guess it all comes down to your own personal perspective of if animals have any sentient thoughts or not. Myself personally I dont feel they have the same kind of thought processess going on up top as we do.

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Feygan

Yep, and opinions differs. That's why some people can work in slaughterhouses, some can't.

I think that, altho possibly different then ours, they have some "thinking capabilities".

Haven't you never had a cat that sat in front of you and just kept staring in your eyes, without moving or doing anything, and then you were like "What the hell could be going on in his little head?"

I did, and numerous time. ( Yeah, maybe I had too much free time lol...)

[Edited on 26-12-2003 by m0rbid]

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 07:06 PM
link   
we're a bunch of retard monkeys that's all.....
and those who aren't vegetarian yet are more retard ( except for those carnivourous monkeys species who tried to kill the animals with their own bloody hands) 'cause monkeys are vegetarians.

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 07:08 PM
link   
How could we come from monkeys if thoses are vegetarians and, as far as we can remember, we always eated meat?

(please don't tell me "Because we're retarded")

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 07:10 PM
link   

I guess it all comes down to your own personal perspective of if animals have any sentient thoughts or not. Myself personally I dont feel they have the same kind of thought processess going on up top as we do.

I agree with you. Also God put the animals here for us to eat.

Morbid do you eat fish? Same thing man. Do you kill ants if they come in your house next time get a magnifided glass and look in it's eye's before/while you are killing it. Nothing wrong with killing somthing as long as it's eaten. I do have a diffrent feeling if it's being killed for any other purpose such as a fur goat etc...

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 07:12 PM
link   
If i was really really pedantic I could go all buddist and say that even veggies/herbivores are killers, and therefore retards by that standard. As I said earlier, EVERYTHING on the planet kills something to survive, it's the way of nature. So just because we kill things that may wander around and appear to be thinking free creatures, doesnt mean the same for herbivores. If you are to have the opinion that we're bad for what we do as meat eaters, I can easily argue that plants arte thinking, feelings things also.

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid
How could we come from monkeys if thoses are vegetarians and, as far as we can remember, we always eated meat?

how far you remember?

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Yeah, I understand that killing is necessary to our survival.

Glan

Do you eat ants? (Just kidding)
FYI, Yes I eat fish. And I believe that we could live very well just off fishes and volailles. Our body doesn't need anything that there is in red meat that can't be found elsewhere.

I think everybody just had a wrong impression of me, because I said what I think sincerly, but I'm not a vegetarian. I wish I could be one, but it would just be too tough to handle, at least for my self. I'm a meat eater too, and this ain't changing tomorow. I was just sharing some thoughts.

Sure we need to kills, it's all a big survival game, and almost every non-vegetarian animals have to kill to survive. It's just normal that we do the same thing.
I have no problem with someone killing a deer, cooking it and serving it up to me. But I wouldn't kill my self a deer to eat it.

[Edited on 26-12-2003 by m0rbid]

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 07:24 PM
link   
feygan

We could also say that we're not even 'killing' it, but merely recycling it, and giving it a better use.
As long as the matters stays on earth, in this world life-circle, it isn't really dead anyway...

Just wanted to sprout out some philosophical rambling...but that still won't make me shoot an animal my self.

Kalki

Just as far as todays history books can remember.
I might be wrong on what I said previously, but I think most well-known previous civilisations always eated meat - I can't remember of ONE past society or past group of people (important enough in number to be considered in the current discussion) composed ENTIRLY of vegetarian peoples.

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by kalki

how far you remember?

I remember far enough back to know that even single celled and just slightly larger organisms eat each other, so I guess that makes every living thing on the planet a "Retarded monkey" or at least by your rational anyhow.

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by kalki

how far you remember?

I remember far enough back to know that even single celled and just slightly larger organisms eat each other, so I guess that makes every living thing on the planet a "Retarded monkey" or at least by your rational anyhow.

Am i eating anyone? , the thread is about living species having 2 (3) eyes in the cruel global factory farming industry, not about $tupid $cience te$ting on animal$ , i'm not a cell dude..
Here's a link about cool monkeys www.jainworld.com...

...and an other funny one

...and an other serious one

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Hmm odd how that link bears no resemblence to the fact that you stated that we are retard monkeys as we choose to eat meat. Yet as I have already said, everything on the planet kills and eats something else, so technically they could all be discribed as meat eaters. Depending on how rigid your definition of meat is.
So I'd like to welcome you as a new member to our group of retard monkeys.

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Hmm odd how that link bears no resemblence to the fact that you stated that we are retard monkeys as we choose to eat meat. Yet as I have already said, everything on the planet kills and eats something else, so technically they could all be discribed as meat eaters. Depending on how rigid your definition of meat is.
So I'd like to welcome you as a new member to our group of retard monkeys.

If at least you had a look to the link...

...After these, in sequence, the fruits that become ripe on the branches of trees or those fallen from trees on their own after becoming ripe, are to be considered. These fruits involve no anguish to any creatures or insects....

Nothing is killed bro, if these veggies are not eaten they will die anyways, we just have to wait 'till their lives are finished. Meat (Veals, pigs, cows, birds, fishes etc..) is murder and it's stopping a living process.

edit : These guys are even wearing masks not to swallow insects or microscopic organisms they watch where the're walking not to kill an ant or something... It's total Ahimsa (non-violence)

[Edited on 26-12-2003 by kalki]

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Ok so technically eating grass is murder as it's stopping a living process, so by that rational we have a very large number of animals on the planet that are bad by your ethics???
Or are they just dumb non-sentient beings who don't know any better? In which case they wont have feelings or thought processess, so they won't be scared or hurt.
Gota be one or the other, can't have your cake both ways.

Notice how I'm being generous and leaving out all the natural carnivores of the planet just to give you an easy time.

[Edited on 26-12-2003 by feygan]

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Feygan

Keep in mind that people who are practicing total non-violence (Ahimsa) are a really rare breed.. They must be a really small percentage of the worlds populations. (and I mean really small percentage)

I think they're too extremist in thier beliefs, but that's just my opinion...

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I'm fine with whatever method of religious practice someone chooses. But to say people bad for destroying the living process and then not having the same opinion of say a cow that eats grass (which is destruction of another living process) is, well just plain hypocritical.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join