It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Week 'till Opening Day for Baseball!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Guys, one week 'till the boys fo summer hit home again! Baseball starts up for another season and it seems to be developping quite well. I have been watching some pre-season games and I must say, The Blue Jays are looking very good, so is Detroit, Boston and Los Angeles. So it's time for the picks, who do you think is going all the way this year? I hope that it's one of my teams, or the Cubs, That one-hundred years is coming up awfully fast
! Anyways, make your picks before the season starts!

-Jimmy-

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
One week? Great!!

Yankees all the way!

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
mets.

Sorry, i just have to.. but its all dependent on their pitching.

Yankees? probably first round of the playoffs, then arod will blow it for them.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I thought A-Rod would have been gone by now. When I was at the games the fans were brutal towards him.

We'll see though...

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Haha, A-Rod was so much better with the Rangers, last year he had 25 ERRORS! In case you don't know, that is ALOT! Even I didn't have that much last year! Granted I only play 24 -40 games
But still. I also like the Mets, when they had young Mike Piazza they sould've won a championship though. Oh, I remeber going to the Expos game and booing Gary Sheeffield when eh was with the Braves! Good times...

Any of you remeber the Simpsons episode with Darryl Strawberry ? He gets booed by Bart and Lisa and he starts crying lol
. Anywyas back on topic

-Jimmy-

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I haven't been much of a baseball fan since the last time they went on strike. To me, and to many other fans, that was the death knell of baseball. Baseball still hasn't fully recovered.

Who have I rooted for in baseball? Texas Rangers. I still keep up with them a little bit...

[edit on 25-3-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Wow, I don't even remeber them going on strike... Maybe because I am too young or just don't have a good memory. But I have seen a decrease in popularity (Baseball) and a whopping increase FOR popularity in soccer. I HATE SOCCER!!!!! lol

-Jimmy-

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jimmy910130
Wow, I don't even remeber them going on strike... Maybe because I am too young or just don't have a good memory. But I have seen a decrease in popularity (Baseball) and a whopping increase FOR popularity in soccer. I HATE SOCCER!!!!! lol

-Jimmy-

The last time they went on strike was in the late 1990s I believe. When they finally started playing again, the fans really didn't show up to the ball parks and when they did, it was to throw # onto the field and at the players. In Houston, they even tried to give tickets away to ball games and couldn't. The fans were furious.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I remember when the Expos had their last game at Montreal fans threw alot of things on the field after the match. I wasn't present though. Anyways back on topic, I also add St-Louis Cardinals to my list as plaoff candidates.

-Jimmy-

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
This season is also the last to see the Yankees at the old stadium. The new one is supposed to be ready for next season.

I'll always like the old one better.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Oh, I just saw the US sports section and there is alreayd a thread concerning this subject so I'll just have to take a seat and wait till a mod closes this thread.
Anyways, Go Blue Jays!

-Jimmy-

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
6 Hours 6 minutes and 6 seconds to opêning day!...wait...oh well!

-Jimmy-

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
wow this thread contains all my friends!!!! whats up guys! im playing fantasy baseball for the first time this year, my draft is tonite. Im really excited. Ive been meaning to play for the past 6 years but i never get around to it.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
wow this thread contains all my friends!!!! whats up guys! im playing fantasy baseball for the first time this year, my draft is tonite. Im really excited. Ive been meaning to play for the past 6 years but i never get around to it.

Here you go. Now you have to do it. Because you've got a Round Toit.

Sorry, couldn't resist. It was sitting there.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Yankees won against the Devil Rays 9-5. A-Rod had a homer and Giambi had 3 RBI's. Not bad

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
The expert on TSN made his predictions this morning, he actually chose A-Rod as the MVP, Yankees to win Title, pitcher from the Tigers to win Cy Young, Uh, I don't remember the other mvps and rookies.
And the seasons off!!

-Jimmy-

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   
A-Rod - Grand slam to win the game! Maybe he won't be doing to bad this season after all.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   
he never does bad during the season... its the playoffs he doesnt show up for!

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   
A-Rod is on fire!!

Too bad Rivera had to blow the Yankees' 6-2 lead last night. :shk:

new topics

top topics

join