It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noise I shouldn't be hearing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Hello...

I just inserted a microphone into the back of my computers Xi-Fi soundcard and I'm hearing something disturbing. It's not just noise but it has a pattern to it and seems to be changing every so often. Different sound frequencies and high pitched ones.

What is it?
/7A

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
can you provide more info on this? where are you located, what else is in the room with you, what kind of pattern etc.?

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I'm going to try and record it, and uplink it here for you to listen at. It really sounds out of the ordinary. I do have a FRS radio here turned on scanning channels but it's no way connected to my soundcard, unless of course its picking up something. Could be just the uh chip, though I'm not playing any type of sound on my computer. The pattern is hard to decipher cause I don't know how to read it but I'll try and record it and uplink it here.

/7A

Here is the file, I listened to it and it is leaving out the particular higher frequency sounds so I'll see if I can record more detail:

X-Fi ExtremeMusic 24-bit Sound Card Noise?

[edit on 25/3/2007 by 7Ayreon]

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
radio doesn't need to be connected to your soundcard if you have mic connected. my guess, your microphone i getting some feedback from the radio or some other electronic equipment you (or your neighbours) have in there.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
My cell phone does this with my speakers. Try to move any type of wireless communication device at least 20 feet away.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Hmm,

Yes I thought it could have been the cell phone to but I moved it far away along with the phone, and FRS radios and it is still getting this noise.

/7A

I don't know what this error means but I got it when trying to download the higher detailed file from the server: kann nicht erstellt werden.
Must have a faulty card

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
got me there. no idea.
do you get the same sounds with the mic turned off or unplugged?

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   
ack, garbage user.

brb.

[edit on 25/3/2007 by Cubicdecimal]

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Heres the spectograph:

/7A

And the sound dissapears when the mic is unplugged. When its plugged in it starts off as sheer noise but than it starts getting detailed.

UPDATE:

WOWOWOWOW, I slowed it down -92.000% and there definetely is a distinctive pattern. It sound like a wave going up and down.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Pattern Revealed (Sound)

I dunno what this is but anyone who does would be appreciated to know..
Maybe it's an alien message?! Or some satellite form of communication?
If it is, why is it being picked up by my mic/soundcard =o!? If its secret, would some agents or some MIB be knocking on my door 0_0?

C ya!!
/7A

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I don't know but this sound is FREAKY!!!!! I opened the microphone head and it doesn't look like a microphone I mean it doesn't even allow me to say anything in it and be heard.

Please help!!!!!!!!

/7A

top topics

join