It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dark Matter Invites Ignorance ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Hello,

I'm questioning why the new layout has to be "Dark Matter" when I believe it should invite something brighter. Basically because if you truly want to deny ignorance you have to face that blinding light the light of truth. Example: You are sleeping and someone turns on the light and you block it from your face because, you don't want to see it. That is a perfect example of saying, "I don't want to face it, I don't want it" Its like saying, "I don't want to know the truth, it's to painful."

So I believe whenever there is a future update to the layout, it should be perhaps "Crystal Matter" or something more bright that has incredibly less "dark matter".

/7A

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Yeah...

I don't think about it that much. It's just a color.

But whatever happened to Plasma? I liked that because it's easier on my eyes.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
welll...you could also look at it in a more practical manner such as...staring at soft grays and darker muted colors is a lot easier on the eyes than staring at stark, bright white.

Now I'm not saying I know why "Dark Matter" was chosen...you'd really have to get into SO's head for that one.

Any volunteers...yeah me neither.

I have to admit being confused the first day just because I kept confusing it with "Dark Matter" software.

I for one would not want to stare at really bright pages for more than a couple of minutes.

IMO or course and as always.

Spiderj

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
It's a conspiracy site. Black is a very fitting color for a conspiracy site in my opinion. Conspiracies hide in the darkness, shadows, whatever.. Conspiracies are not out in the light of day. So really, it would be an oxymoron to have real bright colors for a site that discusses shadowy subjects. Just my two cents.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
The Plasma layout was bright like that.

I don't like bright layouts like that, it's harder to read, and hurts
my eyes.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
The Plasma layout was bright like that.

I don't like bright layouts like that, it's harder to read, and hurts
my eyes.

Yeah, the letters tend to wash out on bright backgrounds like that. It's kind of like some of these sites you come across where the background will be a real bright yellow and the letters will be white and you think, "My,God, what were these people thinking? I can't even read it."

[edit on 25-3-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Everybody hit it right on the head. When reading webpages for hours, i usually have to highlight all the text so it becomes light text surrounded by grey as to not wear my brain and eyes out. SO just turned the entire site into one big highlighted fun place to read.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Why don't we just stare into a laser beam while we're at it too?

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   
If you click on the "customize" button in the top left hand corner of the board, your forum pages would look like this:

[edit on 2007/3/25 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Splitting The Diffidence

I suppose at some point SO will compromise between the Dark Matter and Plasma color schemes and we'll end up with Gray Matter.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Splitting The Diffidence

I suppose at some point SO will compromise between the Dark Matter and Plasma color schemes and we'll end up with Gray Matter.

Yeah,I suppose that would work. Personally, I like the dark background, but gray would probably work as well.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Dark Matter Invites Ignorance?

I can't believe someone would say this...ATS makes a stand and tries to help the global power crisis and the exploitation of natural resources and you say "Dark Matter Invites Ignorance"...This is outrageous! Yes forget the rain forests, global warming and health of our air and oceans...by all means lets use a white scheme on ATS.

So what if computers all around the world need to consume more and more power to produce your precious white pixels...so what if coal burning power plants need to click on just so you can view your ATS with a white background....Here we are trying to save the world for future generations by using dark pixels on ATS which consume 69% less power from your monitor than white or light colored pixels and all you have to say is "Dark Matter Invites Ignorance".

If you don't support Dark Matter then you support global warming the the death of out planet.

[edit on 3/27/2007 by kinglizard]

new topics

top topics

join