It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Witch Hunt Against Gun Owners

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
IMHO this breach of privacy is grounds for a lawsuit, and personally I hope the paper gets sued into bankruptcy.

Just goes to show that the self-righteous ideologues on the left are just as bad as those on the right.

[edit on 3/25/07 by xmotex]

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Wow just wow. I dont see a problem with putting the names out there since ur average thief/rapist isnt gonna know ur name from you when coming to attack you from behind, but publishing the addresses and other personal information for any joe blow under the sun to look you up and come visit, like the case of the battered wife and the parole officer is waaaaay wrong IMO.

I applaud the ones who want to put up the writers address, home number and personal info. Tit for Tat

Isnt there a town in texas where dang near everyone carries and they have an almost zero crime rate? I mean who would hold up a 7-11 when u know the 6 people in line behind you waiting to get their doritos and gas paid for have a gun also. "Gimme all ur cash in the till"-- 6 people behind you pointing guns at you "Lower the weapon sir"

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jessicamsa

I personally know for a fact that Virginia does NOT enforce restraining orders even if the victim does everything right. The man can literally kick your door in, but the cops will NOT arrest him and then you get in trouble with your landlord because he kicked the door in. Been there. Done that.

Jessicama, I read your post, and that situation is outrageous. Battered women - or those who might get battered- should receive the full protection of the law.

I'd take this to the national media. I know that people here hate Bill O'Reilly and Fox News, but these are the kinds of causes that he champions.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
A gun is a very stupid invention. You get a gun because there are guns out there.. what does that tell you?

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797
Stop worrying about legal gun owners and where they take there guns, start worrying about ILLEGAL gun owners, and what they plan to do with those guns.

I do agree with your statement that people should stop worrying about legal gun owners/carriers and should be worried about illegal carriers. But entertain this thought. Liberals salivate over the idea of disarming law abiding U.S. citizens in ALL circumstances. If we continue to allow them to gain and maintain political power in the U.S. they will simply legislate our rights away from us. Therefore, anybody, including you and me, can very quickly become illegal owners/carriers. A reasonable definition of what an illegal owner/carrier is must be established by people who are faithful to rights our forefathers set forth before us in the Constitution. All attempts to reduce those rights by liberals must be met with overwhelming and disproportional force! Remember the Bill of Rights!

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by selfless
A gun is a very stupid invention. You get a gun because there are guns out there.. what does that tell you?

People don't get guns because there are "guns out there." People get guns for a variety of reasons including hunting, sport shooting, and self defense. When considering self defense realize that people are not only defending themselves against others that are armed with guns. They are also defending themselves against people with knives, clubs, baseball bats, broken whiskey bottles, scissors, chainsaws, a stick sharpened into a spear, a rolled up Sunday New York Times, etc... The point is, almost anything can be used as a weapon to injure or kill someone else. It's nice to have the ability to level the playing field.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by selfless

that unfortunately technology advanced to the point where even the most peaceful of people must arm themselves with such technology because evil will not hesitate to do so, and will not hesitate to use this technology for their own benefit if you do not?

bravo, yes that is true. If they make guns illegal then obviously we aren't "legal" gun owners anymore. My point is that if you make it easy for law abiding citizens to get legal guns, then we won't have to worry so much.

Since when did the law stop a criminal from doing something? Laws against guns will stop criminals how again?
(not disagreeing with you, just stating my point. I would never vote anyone anti-gun, even if I agreed with them on EVERYTHING else. too important an issue.)

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   

bravo, yes that is true. If they make guns illegal then obviously we aren't "legal" gun owners anymore. My point is that if you make it easy for law abiding citizens to get legal guns, then we won't have to worry so much.

Agreed! I think everyone should be armed. Who, in their right mind, is going to try to commit some nefarious act when everyone else has the power to stop them dead.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   

grover:
carry concealed weapons for the armed robber who wants to take everything you have on you or worse, bash you over the head and rape your wife. Instead he comes up behind you, bashes you in the head, and gets a piece of lead in the stomach from your armed wife.

There is no reason NOT to have concealed weapons, so long as you have them legally. If I legally own a gun, it can get traced back to me whether its concealed or not.

Stop worrying about legal gun owners and where they take there guns, start worrying about ILLEGAL gun owners, and what they plan to do with those guns.

Couldnt have said that any better myself. I do not worry about law abiding gun owners, as no one should. They are simply exercising their rights. It is the criminals who obtain guns illegally for use in illegal activity that worries me, and I wont have law abiding citizens disarmed to become prey for those who would victimize those law abiding citizens.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MooneyBravo

Agreed! I think everyone should be armed. Who, in their right mind, is going to try to commit some nefarious act when everyone else has the power to stop them dead.

thats absurd. such a situition would make a travesty of any form of law enforcement or justice. it is the law of the jungle and we are supposed to be civilized remember.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Heh i have a nice theory:

The Republican "Choice" has now fulfilled their duty to fight a War and Strip the citizens of their Rights by means of "Freedom" and "Terrorism".

Now the Democrats will come into power and kick the last hurdle:

The amendment of Gunownership will be nullified.

The way is free for the NWO!

Hell Yeah! Finally...

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by osram
Heh i have a nice theory:

The Republican "Choice" has now fulfilled their duty to fight a War and Strip the citizens of their Rights by means of "Freedom" and "Terrorism".

Now the Democrats will come into power and kick the last hurdle:

The amendment of Gunownership will be nullified.

The way is free for the NWO!

Hell Yeah! Finally...

I can't emphasize how insane a concept this is for the simple fact that some won't give up their guns. The absolute logistical nightmare of removing even 10% of the guns owned by force would be an absolute nightmare as it would end up in bloodshed and violence for both sides involved in each altercation. Simply put if the left (or anybody else for that matter) tries this it is almost assured that small scale and perhaps larger civil war would break out...

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAvenger
That's right, Info. We can just strap a pistol and holster on our hips and go anywhere we please in public. The police don't like it, and will harass you, but it is completely legal. I know a few people who openly pack routinely.

[edit on 3/25/2007 by TheAvenger]
I carry openly and am licensed to do so, and I can't tell you how many times a "concerned' citizen has called the law after seeing this.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   
this is not a liberal / conservative issue.

that is a diversion to detract from facts and rights that we enjoy as citizens of the USA.

I am more liberal than most people, and love to go shooting as much as possible. Own several handguns and rifles, shotguns and several antique firearms. enjoy them all.

The bill of rights are not guaranteed by any government, nor granted, nor their source. Rights are yours to keep, yours to lose. Making any debate regarding them as liberal / conservative only serves to weaken your stand, and your arguement.

What this paper did is inexcusable and should be held to scrutiny and damages. putting them out of business would be a good start. Then suing the management individually would be the next step.
they have abused their responsibility and obligation to the public safety, now they must pay for it.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
thats absurd. such a situition would make a travesty of any form of law enforcement or justice. it is the law of the jungle and we are supposed to be civilized remember.

People just like you said the exact same thing when canceled carry laws were passed to allow law abiding citizens to exercise their 2nd amendment right. People like you were wrong then and your are wrong now. How does it feel to be on the wrong side of the issue?

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   

How in the world would it make it a travesty of any form of law enforcement or justice?

Funny thing is, that exact line of thinking that you are criticizing is what built the great nation of America, and it did a mighty fine job of it, to boot.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   
You can believe whatever you want to believe... I really don't give a damn.

The fact is if everyone were armed and allowed to shoot criminals at will, by necessity that would unravel any attempt at civil justice and undermine the legal system. There is a good reason why America is the most violent of the advanced nations and it is this absurd idea you people have of taking the law into your own hands and having the weapons to do it with.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   
It's important to understand why the opponents of the second amendment did what they did. These are very determined people. They're willing to resort to purile tactics to make any headway at all in their cause. If this tactic turns off even a few people from getting their CCW, they'll be happy.

One of the many things I learned about this issue while doing research for my book was that the gun control lobby takes the long view on this. They know it'll take more than zealotry to get their mission completed. they're aleays looking for new tactics.

One of the more interesting things I've learned about the folks who favor gun bans is that hey don't hold up well to debate when you meet them in person. When I'm at a signing or some other public event, I can make them rant and foam at the mouth with very little provocation. Like vampires, they shrink from the light of day.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   

You can believe whatever you want to believe... I really don't give a damn.

I understand that we can believe what we want to believe, as well you can do the same... however, before jumping off the deep end... might you consider...

"The Proof Is In The Pudding"

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I'm not trying to yank your chain, but here's what I think.

The way I read the..pudding...is that the gun control lobby is larger and much better organized than the pro gun lobby ever thought about being. Bigger doesn't always mean better, but in this case is does mean more powerful, which translates to a much greater likelihood of success.

Like others who have posted here, my concern is that if they get their way, the bad guys will be killing us and taking our pudding for their own in much greater numbers than they do today. They'll do it because they can. A pistol that stays unused in a night stand drawer for fifteen years is a tool that didn't hvae to be used because it wasn't needed.

"Real" gun control happens when firearms aren't needed to defend against criminals or governments. You (or anyone else) won't easily catch all the crims, but you can catch me becuase I'm honest and right out in the open. You can't easily hold governments to an honest and open agenda, but you can disarm me because I'm not that hard to get to.

Anything worth doing is hard.

[edit on 25-3-2007 by Justin Oldham]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join