It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheney: House Is Undermining the Troops

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Cheney: House Is Undermining the Troops

hosted.ap.org

MANALAPAN, Fla. (AP) -- Vice President Dick Cheney on Saturday accused the Democrat-led House of not supporting troops in Iraq and of sending a message to terrorists that America will retreat in the face danger.

"They're not supporting the troops. They're undermining them," Cheney told a gathering of the Republican Jewish Coalition at the oceanside Ritz-Carlton hotel in Manalapan, Fla., about 60 miles north of Miami.

On Friday, the House voted to clamp a cutoff deadline on the Iraq war, agreeing by a thin margin to pull combat troops out by next year.

The $124 billion House legislation would pay for wars in Iraq and Afghanistan this year but would require that combat troops come home from Iraq before September 2008 - or earlier if the Iraqi government does not meet certain requirements.

Cheney called it a myth that "one can support the troops without giving them the tools and reinforcements they need to carry out their mission."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 02:50 AM
link   
While I do think that there needs to be more pressure on the Iraqi government to push harder and to take more control of their country, I don't think there should be a fixed deadline for any troops to be pulled out, thereby letting Saddam loyalists or insurgents know that, maybe if they lay back for a while, the US military will leave and make it easier for them to do whatever it is they are trying to do.

From Original Article:

Cheney called it a myth that "one can support the troops without giving them the tools and reinforcements they need to carry out their mission."

I don't actually see how this legislation is denying our troops the tools or resources to do their jobs though?

Our troops should NEVER be denied the best "tools" or resources that we have when we send them to do anything anywhere!

Maybe I'm missing something?

hosted.ap.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 25/3/07 by Keyhole]

new topics

join