It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seeing Strange Figure-

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Ok, for many years myself and my father have seen at various times a dark human looking figure which almost looks exactly like the guy from the movie "Highlander". Typically soon after we see this, something bad happens within the family. Such as injury, illness, etc.

This is a rough idea of what he looks like-
www.poster.net..." target="_blank" class="postlink">www.poster.net... t-9912090.jpg

Only this guy looks a bit different in a sense that he looks persay "evil".

We have been seeing this for the past 5 or 6 years. We cannot figure out what it is, or why we see it and these things happen.

Does anyone know of anything like this, or have seen something similar?

Thanks.

[edit on 25-3-2007 by imtheweasel]

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
apparently the link above does not work... also it seems nobody has heard of anything like this... wouldnt concern me much, except its recurring for several years now, and something bad always happens shortly after we see him.

Here's the correct link-

Picture

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
seeing christopher lambert is scary enough so i can't imagine how scary is seeing him in some ghostly form

now serious.
i don't know much on this subject. sounds similiar to some bad omen aparitions like barghest (google it).

other than that, i have a friend that dreams a lady dressed in white when someone she knows is about to die.

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I looked into the barghest thing, very interesting.

If anyone else has any ideas, please let me know as this is still continuing to happen and its becoming more frequent.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Me, I would get a giant sword, have it blessed by a priest then the next time I see this thing, charge at it. Might do no good, but it'd make me feel better.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Whenever I encounter things like this (or feel like something is near me), I usually draw energy (I don't know if you're into psionics...), red most of the time, and just say "go away""leave me alone" and while saying that I release the energy with the words.
This is not something other people us (I think..), but it works for me.
One piece of advice: never be afraid of the unknown, you are more powerful than anything, you just don't know how to use your full potential.

- Chris

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Your experiences must be very disturbing, both for yourself and your father.
I notice you describe this apparition as being as a "dark human looking figure", and that it looks almost like Christopher Lambert as the Highlander. A question; can you actually see its face, and therefore describe with authority that it's male?
The reason I ask is that your experiences sound an awful lot like visitations from the banshee:

www.clarelibrary.ie...

This female messenger of death sure was no looker, often being described as an old, long haired hag. Perhaps because your apparition is "dark", its features could be mistaken for those of a male? It would also be interesting to know if your family hail from Ireland, or maybe another Celtic country, as the banshee appears predominately to those of Celtic descent.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Highlander. Oman of misfortune.....

......or grotesque gaurdian spirit?
I believe that the manifestation of your uninvited guest is honourable.
I also believe that his visitations are to forewarn you that danger or misfortune lies ahead. His intentions are similar to that of the Celtic spirit of the Bean Nighe.
In Celtic folklore this is not a bad character.

Many years ago I had repetitive visitations from a female apparition who I named 'Cinderella' a thin spindley spirit wearing a raggy dress who looked sorrowfull and undernourished.
My first encounter with her shook my whole perception of hauntings. My family also witnessed her even though I kept her presence secret from the family.
Over a period of time it became obvious she was a gaurdian.
I did some local research drawing on articles in old newspapers and a local history society and pinned her down to one individual who lived in a rural area some five miles from where we lived.
My research showed she died on the day I was born at the tender age of 17. More research and a fluke find of a photograph of her consolidated the fact that this girl was the very lass I had been seeing.
The hauntings became less and after a family move she was never seen again.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Actually beamish... My family does hail from County Cork, Ireland. My family has traced our history back to there, and i did see this again today, and i can see the face, it does look a bit rough, it could be female.

I've seen it many times today, and unfortunately my mother is not in the best health right now. So my concern is growing...

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   
What you describe sounds a hell of a lot like something i encountered in a near-sleep state once...and i mean only once.

I was in a state right between being asleep, and being awake. i know this because i was constantly drifting in and out...

Anyway, it was like an ultra real dream state....everything felt completely real. So i find myself in my front yard, it was dusk out, for some reason i'm drawn to go down the driveway on the right side of my house, and just as i turn the corner, i stop dead in my tracks. There, standing in front of my dad's car is this...figure. it's like a silhouette, but it's whole....very hard to destribe...like a man, but totally black, with no features, not even a face. I stared at it for a moment, and it moved to approach me, then in the blink of an eye, it was right in front of me, and it said "My name is (i can no longer remember the name), the next time you see me will be right before you die". This all happened VERY fast, and i snapped back to a completely awake and alert state, only i was terrified, and completely unable to move for a couple of minutes. All i could do was dart my eyes around, while i tried to figure out what the hell had just happened. That was several years ago, but i still remember it like it was yesterday.

I totally believe there's something to what you're seeing.

Do you happen to constantly have the feeling you're being watched?

[edit on 27-6-2007 by Daedalus]

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by imtheweasel
Ok, for many years myself and my father have seen at various times a dark human looking figure which almost looks exactly like the guy from the movie "Highlander". Typically soon after we see this, something bad happens within the family. Such as injury, illness, etc.

Unfortunately what you see is a demon, a somewhat high powered demon. You would liken his rank to a Duke among devils.

His appearance and the ties to something negative happening in your lives is no co-incidence. He has already arrived, this is unfortunate. I have 2 things you may like to do: (this is assuming you have some religious belief).

1. Next time you see him, talk to him and tell him to go away in the name of your Saviour (in my case, this would be Jesus) and Guardian Light (Holy Spirit in my case). He has no place to be in the same vicinity as you and your faith. This will rid the area of him (and your fear of him), not what he came there for in the first place.

2. The is where you may not like what i say. If a Duke is there, whatever he is there for IS going to happen, the only possible chance you have for changing the outcome is to pray to [your] God asking Him what you 'want'. In this case, the safe recovery of your mother.

If your situation is simply because you are in the middle of a spiritual battle, this will allow God (through your choice of His involvement) to join the 'party' and sort out the situation. This DOES NOT mean that the all things will turn to good, this just allows God to become an influence in a spiritual battle. If the bad thing is going to happen regardless of any spiritual influence, then the outcome WILL/MAY NOT change, the Duke is simply there to 'collect' and oversee the event is correctly dealt in accordance with 'Spiritual Law'.

[edit on 27/6/2007 by SilentShadow]

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   
After a while the fear should go away I would think. When you see it again approach it and say hello! If it attacks you then defend yourself. It may rely on fear if it is evil so don't be afraid.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Well, im not scared of it. I've experienced many things of this nature as i am a paranormal investigator, have been for several years.

I do frequently experience a feeling of being watched. However, it has been brought to my attention that other members of my family, namely my fathers brothers growing up seen this same thing.

However, today i seen it again and this time i spoke to it, and suprisingly i received an answer. I simply stated " Please leave, your presence is not welcome here". Shortly after saying this i heard a whispy voice say "i mean you no harm". then it quickly faded away.

I have not seen it since. And the feeling of being watched has lessened.

Im thinking that it is likely some sort of guardian perhaps.

Dunno... im gonna wait and see if it returns.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by imtheweasel
Well, im not scared of it. I've experienced many things of this nature as i am a paranormal investigator, have been for several years.

Cool. me too...though i don't get to do much field work anymore....me and my people have already checked out pretty much everything local, and we're too poor to go on road trips to check out far away stuff, so anything we do usually involves a nice game of paintball, or going over old unsolved case files, to see if anything makes any more sense with a fresh perspective.

I do frequently experience a feeling of being watched. However, it has been brought to my attention that other members of my family, namely my fathers brothers growing up seen this same thing.

That's pretty #ing odd. Never heard of this sort of thing before..

However, today i seen it again and this time i spoke to it, and suprisingly i received an answer. I simply stated " Please leave, your presence is not welcome here". Shortly after saying this i heard a whispy voice say "i mean you no harm". then it quickly faded away.

Hmm...I was orignially thinking shadowpeople, or something similar, maybe even something undocumented, but shadowpeople don't typically talk, lol

Sounds like you've got yourself something seriously screwy on your hands...

I have not seen it since. And the feeling of being watched has lessened.

Im thinking that it is likely some sort of guardian perhaps.

Dunno... im gonna wait and see if it returns.

It's entirely possible it won't. You may have pissed it off...

new topics

top topics

join