It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

.CAB file help? Where do I find a missing .CAB file ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Computer help

I'm not sure when or how it happened but, somehow, I lost a vital .CAB DLL from my Microsoft Office.
Now, every time I try to open my Microsoft Outlook, I get a request asking me to re-install Office from
the original disks.

I know, I know....I should just get "the disks". Unfortunately, the disks in question are not to be found.
Let's just say, I could always get a new download of Microsoft Office 2003 but, in my mind, it might be easier
to simply install the missing .CAB file.

I've already done some searching and I have found some progs that will "repair archives" and restore missing
.CAB files but, so far, all of those are sites that charge for this. Being incredibly cheap, I'm hoping to simply find
the missing .CAB file.

I check through some forums and it would seem that this is a rather common problem so I'm hopeful that
I might find a rather "common solution". I'm looking for [B]SKU011.CAB[/B]. any suggestions on where to find
this particular .CAB file?

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 04:52 AM
link   
FTP search shows nothing, your best bet is a torrent. Although I only searched from one source so you may find a direct link.

But whatever you do write down your key first since that is what you paid for

It is not illegal for you to download a office torrent or part of it since you are going to use your own licence.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Does it say what is the missing DLL?

It could be easier to find the DLL than the CAB.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
You could try www.technotes.co.uk...]this.
Be aware it doesn't work for everyone.

It is totally reversable if it does not work.

Other stuff about it.

[edit on 3/25/07 by makeitso]

top topics

join