It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran ‘to try Britons for espionage'?????

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   

A website run by associates of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, the Iranian president, reported last night that the Britons would be put before a court and indicted.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

That would not be taken well.LINK

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Please Nuke Us NOW!!!!

This guy just gets crazier everyday.

I don't think the UK has much more patience for him and of course the U.S. doesnt' either.

War seems to be a bit closer than we realized even a few days ago...

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
The "UK prisoners" will either be paraded like the ones back in 2004 and then released . . . or they will be offered as an exchange by the "Iranian prisoners" that US took after the raid on the Iranian embassy in Iraq.

And that is the two possible scenarios.

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
The "UK prisoners" will either be paraded like the ones back in 2004 and then released . . . or they will be offered as an exchange by the "Iranian prisoners" that US took after the raid on the Iranian embassy in Iraq.

And that is the two possible scenarios.

Marge, that was not an Embassy.

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Please Nuke Us NOW!!!!

Oh for goodness sake... GROW UP Djohn.

If you got such a beef, grab a gat and go after Iran yourself, if you got the testicular fortitude. I mean really, comments and stirring like yours is not helping.

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
Marge, that was not an Embassy.

It was considered an embassy and welcome by the Iraqi government, now that our own American government disagree with it that is another topic.

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
All right guys, no need to get personal... especially if it's going to involve discussing DJ below the waist.

As for the topic, I wouldn't be too fast to assume that Iran is really going to do everything they say they are going to do. So far the Brits have been first class all the way in keeping this incident from being bigger than it has to be, even if there is a distinct possibility that someone, somewhere, is playing this situation towards war. Every once in a while a little dignity pays off, and I hope for the sailor's sake that this is the case in the present situation.

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
The UK gov (i'm UK) seems to be admitting that our lads WERE in Iranian water, waiting for the news to come round again on BBC24.

Would this be a calming measure (the waters are disputed) - or could we of been up o a little sneaky peeky?

If we were in their waters I would like to think it was unintentional, after all we were lightly armed. I hope this is resolved soon and our lads are back home. I live in Plymouth, where the ship is based, tho don't know any of them.

The UK is diplomatic, but if they are harmed we will not be slow to act.

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Iran is playing political games in an attempted to embarrass the UK. It is quite possible that the RN sailors were taken in Iraqi waters and that Iran is just looking for a concession.

IF is it proved that the sailors were taken in Iraq's waters then a military operation to free them is more then justified. Perhaps the same time Iran's nuclear program and other military targets could be taken out in a "support operation. "

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
Perhaps the same time Iran's nuclear program and other military targets could be taken out in a "support operation. "

That would be one hell of an operation - getting the boys out yeah, going all out (I hope) is some way off.

Anyways, I think the US would start that one not the UK.

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Seriously.. look at you all?...

you've been kidnapping, detaining and interrogating people for 4 years now in the ME...

you invaded THEIR LAND...

finally, someone got some balls and detained YOUR People for crossing into their land.......

and there's talk of nuking them??

are you all that screwed up in the head, and blood thirsty?

what part of HUMANE cant some of you spell?

lets look at it in lamans terms..

WE.. the west... invaded and occuped a nice chunk of land in the middle east.
naturally, like Palestine... they arent happy that we are killing and detaining ME citizens.. simply because they dont like our ways...

Did you honestly think all these countries in the ME were going to sit by?

You know what, I hope Iran does have nukes..
because they will prove themselves to be smarter, and more HUMANE than America could DREAM OF!

Someone needs to kick you ass good, get you out of the ME and change your damn views on this agender....

Maybe, just maybe.... when your licking your wounds you'll sit back and go
"hmmm, maybe we shouldnt invade and murder people just for corporate greed and oil... how about we open dialouge... bring back the good ol american values within our society and discuss a peaceful solution..''

[edit on 24-3-2007 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

"how about we open dialouge... bring back the good ol american values within our society and discuss a peaceful solution..''

Peace &
Good fortune
OBE1

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Agit8dChop, nicely put. I just don't understand what goes through some of these people's heads, hey. It's like their ego has gotten so big they can't even comprehend that maybe THEIR government are the ones that need to get their asses kicked.

People really need to get it through their heads... ANY mainstream news like Fox News/CNN/BBC etc... are 99% BS propaganda, ESPECIALLY when it comes to politics/world affairs.

[edit on 24/3/07 by Navieko]

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   
yes yes a dialog. like they ( the UK) had with Germany in the late 30's or like they had with Iran in 79" Jimmy Carter liked dialogs, so much so they when Iran found out Reagan was going to win all of a sudden the "hostages" were released, they didn't want a dialog with Reagan, he might shoot at them..........................( Oh wait thats right, "peace" Loving Iran traded "Hostages" for U.S. weapons) I wonder how many Nukes the UK will trade for them...........

Personally I think the 1st nuke should be targeted at D.C. then go on from there, but thats just me

[edit on 24-3-2007 by thedigirati]

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Well i personally believe they were in iraqi waters. i believe that briton should have used royal navy to put smack down on them for shang haiing their seamen. why didn't the us navy intervene we are supposed to have
3 or 4 carrier battle groups in the area. i am pretty sure we could have had
several f -18 fighters too them riki tik.

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   
what the
umm they capture brits brite guy.

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
That would be one hell of an operation - getting the boys out yeah, going all out (I hope) is some way off.

Your correct even if the operation is limited to the SAS extracting the sailors from Iran. A message may have to be sent to the government of Iran that such political games wont be tolerated.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 02:25 AM
link   
How exactly can they be tried for espionage when they were in Uniform?

I was under the impression that spies tended not to parade around in full military get-up. Tend's to get one noticed, I should think.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 03:20 AM
link   
If a country wants to fight standing up in uniform and have it out, fine.
If they want to hide, use civilian clothing, plant bombs and the many other ways of deception - then the US has the right to use measures too. And if that involves "kidnapping" terrorists or people with information, then good!

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Seriously.. look at you all?...

you've been kidnapping, detaining and interrogating people for 4 years now in the ME...

you invaded THEIR LAND...

finally, someone got some balls and detained YOUR People for crossing into their land.......

and there's talk of nuking them??

are you all that screwed up in the head, and blood thirsty?

what part of HUMANE cant some of you spell?

*SNIP*

your'e a disgrace making such comments at this tense time

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 25/3/2007 by Mirthful Me]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join