It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Photos Extremly Close Up, 2006

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
We were in Wiltshire in the summer of 2006. On the night of July 30th my partner and I arranged for my mum to look after our kids for a few hours so we could go out.

We left late and arrived at the pub around 10.30.
We sat down, a woman came over and started talking to us, she was nice, but very boring, and so we decided to leave. We got back in the car and drove towards a place called PewsyDowns, on our way toward Avebury. It was 10.55

As we turned a corner, we could see the long road ahead that past Adams Grave. Up in the sky just above us we saw 3 lights, we talked about what they could be. They flew really close together; from this distance they just looked white.

We continued up the hill, losing sight of them to our left, as we reached the top of the hill, we both decided to go back and have another look, it was just to odd to ignore. So we turned the car around and drove back down, looking for a place to park, we saw a little gap in the hedge, next to a field, so we parked there.

It was dark, and we could see the outline of the hill silhouetted against the skyline, and there the lights were, still flying round. By this time we were quite excited, I threw open my car door, dropping everything on my lap onto the ground. We started to pace towards the lights, up the hill. This took about 9mins, I took a few photos into the dark in the hope I might catch the lights on the camera. It was a long climb, a lot of the time I was looking down, trying not to fall over in the dark. By the time we got up the hill, all the lights had vanished. We both knelt down on the path to catch out breath, it was silent and very still up there, the moon was bright.

I still had my camera in my hand. Just as I was about to stand up, I looked to my left and suddenly there in the dark this thing appeared. I couldn't believe it; it was so amazing, hard to explain.
It was beautiful, not very big, about 5 feet across, completely silent, blue lights on the end of its wing, yellow and red in between. The yellow lights were on the front/nose 4 of them, one above the other, tubes, like perspexs, joined the lights. The tubes pulsed with light in them, and it just hang there in the sky, about 15 feet away from us.

I could see the air had an effect on it, the right wing lowered slightly and then raised again, and it turned to its left on the spot and flew away from us up the hill.

I suddenly remembered my camera in my hand, and tried to get it back on, looking up I saw the ufo (I will call it this) had turned and was now at the top of the hill facing down towards us.

Now, I don’t know why I did this, but I did, I spoke, "hello, come here" as soon as I said this, it started to come towards us, my partner whispered something, " what about the kids?" I said " don’t worry, don’t be scared, its ok", I turn and looked up and it was still coming towards us, it was very low to the hill, traversing the ground, every bump, for a second I felt a slight fear, was it going to hit us, or zap us, like mars attacks, then I felt no fear. Raising my camera I pointed it at the ufo/craft thing, it stopped, almost above our heads, I had to lean back and hold the camera above me to take the shot, it was only about 15 feet above us, I remember the click as I took the photo, the feeling, I prayed it would show up. As soon as I took the photo of it went again, in a huge arc back round. I continued to take photos of it; it circled once more, again stopping over our heads.

I’ve run out of space here, so have a look at the photos, ask anything you want. I'm happy to send you the full resolution photos.
The whole thing went on for 40mins, and turns out there were other people who saw it.

(mod edit to change very large images to external links)

[edit on 24-3-2007 by pantha]

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Welcome to the boards

Thanks for posting your experience and photos.

It is a real pity though that you didn't have a higher shutter speed when you took them, as it would've reduced the light trails.

I won't make any other comment on them until one of the gurus has a look.

EDIT: I just looked for the exif data, but there was none. Could you post a link to one of the original images so we can check it out?

[edit on 24-3-2007 by fooffstarr]

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Hi fooffstarr
thank you

here is some info about camera:

Sony DSC W50

I felt the same way about the photos when I first saw them, almost a disappointment, it just doesn't match up to the in person view, but one thing that made me feel a bit better was when some one who analyzed the photos said to me, "in a way it's a good thing that you see the light trails, because of that we get to see the movement of the flight path, and it shows that what you photographed was in the air."

here is an original photo:

[edit on 24-3-2007 by Ambergambler]

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Woah, 1/8 is a slow shutter speed haha!

I can see why we do get the light trails now. The 'movement' in the pictures could simply be the shaking of the camera whilst the shutter is open, but a couple of them seem a bit extreme to be just that.

Thanks for the original as well, all the EXIF data is how it should be. I won't bother to post it, your post above showed the best part of it.

Sorry if i sound critical in any way, it is just that we have to verify things before we jump in head first. You sound sincere and your willingness to cooperate lends a lot to your credibility.

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

What else do you have besides those pictures?
Not enough information to even begin to make a claim....

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by zysin5
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

What else do you have besides those pictures?
Not enough information to even begin to make a claim....

I make no claims
Only experience and memories.

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
hi again fooffstarr

Your right about the trails, obviously it didn't look like that to us at the time. But..for us the trails in jpg 3,4, 5 are a very good indictaion of the way in which it moved, Especially in jpg 3, it swooped down and to the left.

i know its hard to understand what we saw in relation to these pictures, but really, this is what we saw, and we know what we saw wasn't anything we'd seen before. We have no idea what it was, the photos for us are an added extra bonus. I just wish there was a way to explain just how amazing it was. I mean, i still have trouble believing it myself

I have done some artists impressions of the ufo/craft thing, i'd be happy to post them if you might be interested.

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Amber, I dont mean to sound as if I am trying to demean your exp.
As with your words its quite beautiful, and mentally I can see and feel what you are talking about.
However the pics you provided worked more aginst your story I would feel becasue of the mosaic filter, and no referance to a skyline.. No trees, just a black back ground with some very blury colors.. thats neat I mean that exp would move anyone. But photoshop and the growing number of disinfo thats out here, just makes me second judge anything I see, and look at it from all points of veiw.
I understand your not trying to prove the existance of ET.. I mean most of us already know they exisit, if not here then other places.
But by making a post here at ATS you are claiming something right?
Your just not sure what you are seeing?
As you stated before what you saw in real time, was not what showed up in those pics right? As the quality is poor and only makes the fact of disinfo that much more of a possible outcome, presay the possible outcome that its something you honestly didnt know what you where seeing.. I like to keep an open mind. I was just hoping you had more than a short story and a few unsupporting pictures to your perspective to the event...

Thanks for posting.. Im waiting for the guru to check this out before I go on anyfurther.

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Hi zysin5

thanks for that

I know what you are saying, I dont really know why I posted on ATS, maybe to see if there were other people that might have some ideas on what we saw. I dont really know, it wasn't a long thought out thing, I just decided to do it.

I suppose for me the pics are amazing because i know there real and I know what they show.

For friends of mine who see them, it blows them away, because they know me and they see them in a different way, not analyzing, just looking at them knowing what their looking at is what we say it is

But obviously, I'm not expecting that here. If you mess around with the pictures, you might be able to see an outline of the hill in some of them, I took over 20 pics. Most of them where shot into the sky.
I'm not standing up for the photos, although maybe i am, but i've seen much worse photos/videos that still have a credibility to them, I hope in some way i'm able to get this across.

I suppose also, to answer you, in regards to more evidence, what would be proof? A video? more witnesses? What is it you were hoping for?

Dont get me wrong, i do understand what you're saying, I find myself in the same position a lot, even after what we've seen, I can doubt others accounts, photos, videos.

I wish I had more to give you, nothing frustrates me more than having this experience and trying to translate it in such a way as not to make it yet " another UFO story"

What do you mean about disinfo? How could this be disinfo?

thanks for your comments though, its nice to meet you

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Have you got any pictures like where you can see the hill but also still see the lights then?

Post some more pictures they look great

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spacedeck
Have you got any pictures like where you can see the hill but also still see the lights then?

Hi Spacedeck

I don't have any where you can see the hill, but maybe if someone put them in photoshop or something else and enhanced them you might see the hill or outline of it.

I'm going to make a zip file of the full sequence of photos for anyone to download, some of them look like theres nothing there, but if you zoom in and look close you can see it , mainly the first and last few.

As soon as I upload the zip file, maybe be tomorrow, getting late here, i'll post the link.

Also, I kept the original memory stick with the photos on it, I never erased it, I don't know if that might validate the photos in some way?

Actully, the next night we went back up there, and I took some photos then also, on two photos there is a very similar looking light, as it looked from a distance. In these two photos you can see the hill, so i'll post them also.

Also, I mention the other witnesses, 6 in total, they filmed this whole thing from some distance away, I havn't seen the video, but I have spoken to some of the other people, they say you can't see much on the video, but the audio is interesting and runs for around 40 mins, with them describing the lights, how there moving and the colors. Two of them got into there car to come close to have a look, and they saw some very interesting things.

Also, the next morning there was a helicopter that spent a lot of time hovering right over that area, there are photos, and next to the helicopter are two small metal orb things, who knows, maybe releated in some way.

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Yes Im glad you did post them, I am an advocate for having the courage to step forword and tell their story..
You ask what else would I need as proof/evidence, well I try to go by my own personal research.. Put yourself in our shoes, we are an outside source of your story.. You said their are others who wittness this? Provide us with some backing to the event and what they saw? Prehaps it could shead more light on the event itself, more than one veiw is paramount to any evidence to this subject, as most of this is objective information from outside source.. i.e if this happened to me, it would make pure sense from where I am comming from but none to those that I share my exp with..
So if this is something that moves you. Then you can gather more about this exp. and bring it to the forums here to share so that we all may see that this is not just one contained event for 1 persons veiw.
anything else helps out so much.. I belive we have so much evidence, yet those who control the supression of knowledge make this such a burden for thinking minds such as those you will find here at ATS.. Your welcome here to bring any new thoughts or pics.. Preperation is key here, and it takes time, effort, and a passion for this subject matter..

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Awsome pictures, thank you for sharing. What I find interesting about these pictures is how they relate to the pictures and explanations of craft in "wave-particle apperance". -Link:
www.americanantigravity.com...

[edit on 24-3-2007 by DarkCyrus]

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ambergambler

Originally posted by Spacedeck

Also, I mention the other witnesses, 6 in total, they filmed this whole thing from some distance away, I havn't seen the video, but I have spoken to some of the other people, they say you can't see much on the video, but the audio is interesting and runs for around 40 mins, with them describing the lights, how there moving and the colors. Two of them got into there car to come close to have a look, and they saw some very interesting things.

Do you think you would be able to get hold of the vid?

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   
hello

ok, thats what i'll do then. First I will have to get in touch with everyone involved.

here is a link to the guy that took the photos on the following morning

I dont know this person, but this is what he photographed.

www.egilfylling.no...

here is a picture drawn by one of the people that were involved (not named):

cropfm.mur.at...
this is text below pic:
Skizze des UFOs das ******* und weitere Augenzeugen am 30. Juli gesehen haben

I can get hold of the video, i will ring and get a copy, then i'll upload it.

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkCyrus
Awsome pictures, thank you for sharing. What I find interesting about these pictures is how they relate to the pictures and explanations of craft in "wave-particle apperance". -Link:
www.americanantigravity.com...

[edit on 24-3-2007 by DarkCyrus]

Hi DarkCyrus

thanks for that link, looks very interesting, I will give it a read. thank you

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I'm going to have to be a bit of a skeptic here. What I see in the photos looks exactly like what a person dancing with glow sticks looks like when taken a photo of:

Here

Here

Here

Here

I've been to one too many raves to recognize glowstick streaking in photos.

Oh, and the title of this thread is misleading. There is no "closeup."

[Edit]

Now I am 100% convinced that this is a hoaxer and spreading disinformation. Notice how their account was registered in 2005, and look at their post count. They only made two threads. In the only other thread they made, there too they claimed that they spotted a UFO in Wiltshire, but in 1994. It has the same exact story as what they posted here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Mods, feel free to look into this.

[edit on 24-3-2007 by DJMessiah]

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I'm quoting their post, for proof, incase they edit it, until a mod looks into this.

Originally posted by Ambergambler
We were in Wiltshire in the summer of 2006. On the night of July 30th my partner and I arranged for my mum to look after our kids for a few hours so we could go out.

We left late and arrived at the pub around 10.30.
We sat down, a woman came over and started talking to us, she was nice, but very boring, and so we decided to leave. We got back in the car and drove towards a place called PewsyDowns, on our way toward Avebury. It was 10.55

As we turned a corner, we could see the long road ahead that past Adams Grave. Up in the sky just above us we saw 3 lights, we talked about what they could be. They flew really close together; from this distance they just looked white.

We continued up the hill, losing sight of them to our left, as we reached the top of the hill, we both decided to go back and have another look, it was just to odd to ignore. So we turned the car around and drove back down, looking for a place to park, we saw a little gap in the hedge, next to a field, so we parked there.

It was dark, and we could see the outline of the hill silhouetted against the skyline, and there the lights were, still flying round. By this time we were quite excited, I threw open my car door, dropping everything on my lap onto the ground. We started to pace towards the lights, up the hill. This took about 9mins, I took a few photos into the dark in the hope I might catch the lights on the camera. It was a long climb, a lot of the time I was looking down, trying not to fall over in the dark. By the time we got up the hill, all the lights had vanished. We both knelt down on the path to catch out breath, it was silent and very still up there, the moon was bright.

I still had my camera in my hand. Just as I was about to stand up, I looked to my left and suddenly there in the dark this thing appeared. I couldn't believe it; it was so amazing, hard to explain.
It was beautiful, not very big, about 5 feet across, completely silent, blue lights on the end of its wing, yellow and red in between. The yellow lights were on the front/nose 4 of them, one above the other, tubes, like perspexs, joined the lights. The tubes pulsed with light in them, and it just hang there in the sky, about 15 feet away from us.

I could see the air had an effect on it, the right wing lowered slightly and then raised again, and it turned to its left on the spot and flew away from us up the hill.

I suddenly remembered my camera in my hand, and tried to get it back on, looking up I saw the ufo (I will call it this) had turned and was now at the top of the hill facing down towards us.

Now, I don’t know why I did this, but I did, I spoke, "hello, come here" as soon as I said this, it started to come towards us, my partner whispered something, " what about the kids?" I said " don’t worry, don’t be scared, its ok", I turn and looked up and it was still coming towards us, it was very low to the hill, traversing the ground, every bump, for a second I felt a slight fear, was it going to hit us, or zap us, like mars attacks, then I felt no fear. Raising my camera I pointed it at the ufo/craft thing, it stopped, almost above our heads, I had to lean back and hold the camera above me to take the shot, it was only about 15 feet above us, I remember the click as I took the photo, the feeling, I prayed it would show up. As soon as I took the photo of it went again, in a huge arc back round. I continued to take photos of it; it circled once more, again stopping over our heads.

I’ve run out of space here, so have a look at the photos, ask anything you want. I'm happy to send you the full resolution photos.
The whole thing went on for 40mins, and turns out there were other people who saw it.

(mod edit to change very large images to external links)

[edit on by pantha]

[edit on 24-3-2007 by DJMessiah]

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Ambergambler You have hit skeptic central here at ATS, but do not be intimated by it, they have reason to be, I'm sure theres some reason they are lurking around a website such as this.

Now concerning the photos, I am awed at the fact that you managed to keep the object in your finder long enough for the shutter to snap, but for the pictures I am grateful, they are indeed something to squint at, in a good way. Usually when you have skeptics posting on your thread you know you have something like 'hot' evidence. Its a damn shame you couldn't get a point of reference. But trust me, I know in the awe of the moment you just want to catch that thing in yours sights so you know later you saw it, not worrying about posting it on some thread at ATS.

And heres a quick question, are those blue spec's in the background of the photos stars? I've never seen that on a camera around here!

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Ambergambler.

dont let skeptics get you down (if they do)

i 100% believe these photos you took are authentic.

thank you SO much for sharing them with us mate.

Cheers

-Mayan

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join