It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs flew over Phoenix in '97, Symington says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   

UFOs flew over Phoenix in '97, Symington says

www.azstarnet.com

Former Gov. Fife Symington says now that those strange lights that appeared over Phoenix a decade ago were from another world and that he had a close encounter with an alien craft on March 13, 1997.
"I'm a pilot and I know just about every machine that flies. It was bigger than anything that I've ever seen. It remains a great mystery. Other people saw it, responsible people," Symington said Thursday. "I don't know why people would ridicule it."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   
It's interesting that this guy has backtracked on his official position in regard to this incident. I still remember quite well how he insulted and ridiculed witnesses during that news conference with someone dressed up as an alien. I think he is just after publicity this time.

www.azstarnet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Here is a CNN video that covers this story. It includes the original press conference that Gov. Symington held back in 1997.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 03:02 AM
link   
That is the 50th anniversary of the year the Air Force.

Thought I should point that out.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 04:42 AM
link   
And what does that have to do with the good Gov. changing his position on the Pheonix lights phenomenon?

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Most likely, absolutely nothing.

If I remember correctly wasn't he the one to poke fun at the incident?

Now we are witness to a wide scale push to get the info out. I don't know why, but it is 2007 after all...

And I am sure time has a lot to do with it. So I notice little things like the number of years.

Don't you think that is interesting?

Edit to add: Yes, I remembered correctly. Some other interesting things happened in 1947 too, but they may not have any direct connection to his decision. If anything, what is happening today is more likely to have an effect. Is coming out on UFOs going to become "cool"? Now *that* would be a major shift (IMO).

[edit on 3/25/2007 by Matyas]

new topics

top topics

join