It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: American Soldiers Shooting Iraqi Civilians

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 02:29 AM
link   
There are several of those "Trophy Videos" floating around on the internet, and alot of them show OUR forces getting their *** handed to them. That is because they are not meant to "brag about their kills" but to document what is happening.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nicotine1982
Leave these Marines alone, unless you can come up with some PROOF that they were in the wrong.

Exactly

I wish more people would understand that.

Originally posted by Nicotine 1982

There are several of those "Trophy Videos" floating around on the internet, and alot of them show OUR forces getting their *** handed to them. That is because they are not meant to "brag about their kills" but to document what is happening.

Yeah, think the liberal media has brainwashed alot of folks IMO. Just because the enemy gets their a** shot off in this vid everyone is quick to scream murder.

[edit on 3/25/2007 by ShAuNmAn-X]

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nicotine1982

No ones arguing whether wars should be documented or edited for general audiences. But if you cant see the problem with the one soldiers behavior that couldnt stop laughing and was bragging about "splattering the guy on the pavement" then I dont know what to tell ya. Hes either not all together there or will need some serious psychological help when he gets home. and yes i do have a psychology degree.

Yeah, think the liberal media has brainwashed alot of folks IMO. Just because the enemy gets their a** shot off in this vid everyone is quick to scream murder.

Then why all the fuss when the "conservative" media shows Iraqis burning and dragging dead americans through the streets? Surely thats not intended to do any brainwashing...

[edit on 25-3-2007 by xEphon]

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Theres no doubt that alot of people will need psychological help after they return from the war. Being in a prolonged combat environment will change a person psychologically, you can refer to any other war to see the aftermath on ones psyche.

Then why all the fuss when the "conservative" media shows Iraqis burning and dragging dead americans through the streets? Surely thats not intended to do any brainwashing...

Because that's all you really see on the news. All you hear is how we're getting our a**es handed to us in Iraq and we hear the casualty numbers on a daily basis. It's all to make the American people hate the war more. I've never heard a casualty number for Iraqui Insurgents. I guarantee you it's a hell of alot higher than the American casualty number. The news media only portrays the bad. Is it a conspiracy to foster anti war sentiment? I dunno. It's just probably for the shock factor. As far as the "fuss" you spoke of. Theres many who have posted in this very thread that hoot and holler over that stuff as if it were a good thing.

[edit on 3/25/2007 by ShAuNmAn-X]

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Some of you should go to a retirement home, talk to WW2 Vets, ask them how things were, you would be AMAZED how they acted in Normandy after the beach landings, or talk to Vets from Iwo Jima, or the countless 100's of other places, and this was a "Just" war, there was not different a reaction then, Only we didn't have the "instant" records like we do today, it was Totally filtered by the Government.

They are relieving the Stress of Combat, and unless you live in south Central LA or another suburban "combat" zone in the US you will never know what it's like or how you will react.

Does the "common" man find such actions morally repugnant, most likely as it should be, you are not Warriors, YOU do not have to get up the next day and pick up your rifle and live another day wondering if the Next encounter YOU may wind up dead

Imagine the stress of your life, having to pay bills, work, and feed your families, now, Just imagine that if you paid a bill late, or made a mistake at work or bought the wrong food you would pay with your life. that would make you a bit crazy after awhile, and also skew your perspective...

None of you ( myself included ) know how many people have died around them, but seeing your friends dying or maimed will get to you ( I've seen it 1st hand myself ) when you have little to look forward to you get a Death humor to help cope with the stress, is it over the top? maybe, borderline hysterics, most likely.......

You might think you would react differently, but until you have to live with that level of paranoia you just don't know

Hate the root cause, not the symptoms wanna blame someone, look east to D.C.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malichai
A new trophy video is out showing what appears to be US soldiers firing on innocent Iraqis for their own hedonistic pleasures.

mparent7777-3.blogspot.com...

When will these people learn? This will never help anyone, least of all themselves.

that was awesome

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by shadow_soldier1975
I will not post my opinions of the people who wish harm to our soldiers...because NONE of these people would EVER say those things to the face of a man or woman who was BRAVE enough to join an all volunteer military. The fact that these people are willing to draw judgment on our troops by seeing one mear video proves that these people and A LOT of americans in general are lost. The rights given to the citizens of this GREAT country are abused daily. AMERICANS (most who never served in the military) believe that the rights they have were somehow just written up and stood the test of time without any opposition or sacrifice. They believe these rights could and will stand firm for MANY years to come...when truth is the ONLY (AND I MEAN ONLY) reason those rights you abuse daily are even still with us is because unlike most of you trash talkers...some of us signed the dotted line and sacrificed our own lives and family so that you could continue with you rediculous spouting. Bottom line is this...I hear americans say, "I am an american I have the right to say what i want". What in fact you should be saying is this.."I am an american, I HAVE BEEN GIVEN the rights to say what I want" Until the day you earn it...the rights of this country really aren't yours!

ALL GAVE SOME, SOME GAVE ALL, DID YOU EVEN GIVE ANYTHING!!!

Very well said, completely agreed, some of you are so quick to say "oh our troops are terrible, animals, sick freaks" Well for those of you who are thinking this way, think about the total number of troops killed in this war at the hands of iraqi "civilians". These same "civilians" could run at a soldier with C4 under his shirt at any given time. You must look beyond yourself and realise these kinds of things before you basically backstab every man and woman in the military with some of your comments i've seen. This video proves nothing, like ANYTHING caught on film, there are two sides to it, your all focusing on ONE side, with no proof, completely ignorant to the dangers or situations these soldiers are in at the time of the video. Just put their shoes on for one minute before your so quick to call them heartless murderers please.

[edit on 25-3-2007 by Chosen_Breed]

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I mention most of the things that are being mentioned here in another thread, where I say and mean that a lot of Iraqis problems are self-induced and THEY are the only ones that can stabilize things in their OWN country, IF they choose to. Here is the thread read it as well

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 04:39 AM
link   
gitrlad, please show some respect.

Things are rough over there. more "Trophy videos" showing what these people have to deal with.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

The Marines from the original video are the 1st Battalion 5th Marines, which means that this was probably in 2005 when they were sweeping Ramadi for Insurgent hideouts and securing supply routes. I'm still researching their activity in Iraq but I believe that this is what they were doing. Which would explain why they were engaged in building2building combat.

In the meantime, I came across this political cartoon that I thought seemed oddly appropriate for this thread.

[edit on 25-3-2007 by Nicotine1982]

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malichai

Originally posted by Keebie
You dont know what the situation is. This could be a mission.

I might have been inclined to believe some plausible deniability excuse if they were not having so much FUN.

I used the word Hedonistic because they were obviously enjoying themselves.

Like a big Turkey shoot!

Well call it fun if you will. I call it Adrenaline . for all we know that could have been an insurgent hideout. with a long firefight. well into it before the camera started to roll. have you ever heard M-16 and rpg's going off inches from your head? it will tend to amp you some im sure. not to mention dealing with the moment in, killing other human beings. some ppls way of dealing with an extreme situation. as far as the ppl driving up. secong wave of insurgents to help fight off the US troops? innocent bystanders? insurgents showing up to plan an IED attack somewhere and unknowingly drive into the sh*t? who knows. lets not jump to conclusions
from such a small clip that says not to much. would it be more acceptable if there were no sound? ie: the laughing or fun as you put it. this is iraq remember. dont forget the horror these ppl are causing their own kind with ied explosions, car bombs at markets with kids in the car to get by check points easer
i can go on and on a small clip says nothing IMO.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kr0n0s

Also we dont know exactly where this video was shot, if it was in Fallujah during the last invasion then they considered any adult male left there as a suspected insurgent.

You say that as if it makes it acceptable, but all you have done is brought up how deplorable our treatment of these people has been.

Declaring no quarter is a WARCRIME of the highest degree.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Without knowing all the particulars, I can only say: I thought a fire fight was when someone was shooting back at you.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero
We have a volenteer army, most likly a good portion of people are sadistic freaks, who join up so they can have the pleasure of killing.

These guys were just gunning at whoever, they didnt seem to have any enemy, and when the white car rollls up, they just unload on it, and kill the inocent person.

These peopl ehave no remorse, and are cowards.

This is why people hate us, we take one of the worst acts inhumanity, war, and turn it into a saturday afernoon masicare, and our soilders now seem so enjoy it

this is sick

No what is sick is that you are putting your spin on this as a slaughter of civilians as opposed to a firefight, which it was. It may not have been a fair firefight but you really don't want a fair fight, you want an unfair fight.

First off you don't know the whole context of the battle from that video, neither do I. But we can make some observations just by watching it.

In the video, the Marines are RECEIVING hostile fire from a sniper and from AK-47's. They know the general location of the fire as you can see in the video. That is the most unerving point, when you haven't found all the spots the gunfire is coming from. It is indeterminate what the cars in the middle of the video were doing, but to head into a gun battle that you can hear and see from quite a distance makes them a target. They could have been civilians or they could have been reinforcements for the other side. What if that car is bringing RPG's to them? You don't know the situation so you can't categorically say they were innocent civilians.

I for one if I am driving and hear massive amounts of gunfire, make no mistake you really HEAR that amount a gunfire. Then I see evidence of the gunfire too, I would not drive into said firefight unless I wanted to participate.

Yes Marines are trained to perform well in combat situations, why wouldn't you want them to? They ceasefired when ordered to.

I remember once latenight MSNBC video during the inital invasion. The Marines were pinned down behind a berm next to a highway with the enemy on the other berm across the highway. Some people that were caught in the crossfire in cars in the no man's land of the highway were cowereing behind their cars. The Marines yelled at them in Arabic to make a run for it and put down suppressive fire on the other berm. They all made it to behind the berm and were receiving water and first aid while the battle still went on till an airstrike ordered in took care of the berm.

I suppose that is a bunch of "sadistic freaks, who join up so they can have the pleasure of killing" to you. You sir, are the one who disturbs me more.

[edit on 25-3-2007 by pavil]

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   
A firefight is not fun. "Splattering someone all over the pavement" isn't something a healthy individual should brag about after the situation is back to normal.

However, during combat, as has been said here already, people get "amped". The adrenaline kicks in, and the reality of live or die washes over you. Some people's way of handling this is with twisted cheerleading, as is in that video. Not everybody does that, some get louder, some extremely quiet, others don't seem to really show a change. Marines tend to kick it up a notch in combat. It's what they're trained for and what they do best, therefore it's natural that they're going to be excited.

Alternatively, the resistance videos show insurgents repeating the mantras of their language, most commonly "Allah akbar", during their attacks. Different language, different verbal pattern, but exact same mentality. It's not something that anyone who hasn't seen combat can really understand. Doesn't mean I think it's perfectly okay to laugh about obliterating someone, I personally didn't, and thousands of others don't either. Call it warrior spirit or battle fury or adrenaline overdose, everyone's affected differently.

I don't think we should be in Iraq. I've seen a handful of things during my time there that have given me a very unpopular image of the military machine as a whole, and of what some soldiers will do "just because they can." That being said, this video clip doesn't present enough information to judge the Marines or those they fired on. Is it possible they're shooting civilians? Yes. But popping off about how all soldiers are murdering scum and so forth really only proves your ignorance, since you weren't there and thus do not know.

Just my $0.02.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
This is just what your war looks like.

nothing more nothing less.

a bunch of americans shooting at people in a far away country that has never done proven harm to them.

some soldiers cheering over their kills and americans at home applauding them.

nice liberty, freedom, democraty or whatever you want to call it.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
One, they were United States Marines. Marines act like that during firefights. They live for combat.

Two, you can hear what sounds like Kalashinikov fire in the background during the firefight. The AK makes a very distinctive sound nothing like the M-16 or M249.

Three, you can hear them discussing snipers and also telling their guys to get down.

Four, under the Rules of Engagement especially during firefights people using cellphones. binoculars, cameras, and radios are liable to get shot unarmed or not.

Five, civilians entering or driving into an engagement/firefight are either extremely stupid or aiding the enemy. You can hear gunfire around a mile away. You stay away from it.

The only thing I have problem with is how some of the Marines are acting but that is just their nature. Marines are killing machines and proud of it.
My unit who are not Marines were attached to two Marine Battalions on the Afghan-Pakistani border. We assisted them in combat operations against the Taliban. So I have got to see how they act firsthand and they are highly motivated and well trained.

Before passing Judgment I would have to know the whole situation and interview those involved. Videos can be quite misleading.

[edit on 24/3/07 by MikeboydUS]

[edit on 24/3/07 by MikeboydUS]

You know the sickest thing about this video? Is all of the ignorance of the posters automatically assuming that these Marines are killing innocent civilians when in fact they know NOTHING about the context of the video!

I'm tired of the Anti-Americanism on these boards. Everyone is so quick to make the assumption that our troops are automatically guilty of murdering innocent people the second a video appears of our armed forces discharging their weapons!
Congratualtions you freakin' ignorant sheep - you have succumbed to the liberal programming of the mass media!

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Personaly i am getting an "unhealthy" feeling from seeing all those images of american soldiers shooting people all arround the world.

Sure they all think they have their reasons, if the rest of the world would be thinking like that there wouldnt be many people left in the world.

Why do you think going around the world in a killing spree is going to help anybody ?

I am sure you will learn but in might be after a long bloody time, a waste of bloody time.

Do you hear what you are shouting?

"cant you see why it is right to shoot those people? "

Do you see what is wrong with that line !?!?

Do you see what is beeing done to "your" people and "your" country?

Man i always liked america and most americans but i am afraid there are not many like me left in this world.

Some of you sound worse than ww2 nazis

Like "make a glass crater out of the whole middle east" ?!?!?

But sure you all have a good reason to shoot people in their own country, like in this posted video.

Heroes for democracy right

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
I'm tired of the Anti-Americanism on these boards. Everyone is so quick to make the assumption that our troops are automatically guilty of murdering innocent people the second a video appears of our armed forces discharging their weapons!
Congratualtions you freakin' ignorant sheep - you have succumbed to the liberal programming of the mass media!

Man you wrote exactly what ive been thinking, When i read threads around of late.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by C21H30O2I

Originally posted by kozmo

Man you wrote exactly what ive been thinking, When i read threads around of late.

Representing The Land of Freedom of Speech you would dare attempt to impose censorship?

Is it against America the nation, America the people, America the land, America the Government, or the people in the video who are shooting what appears to be innocent people?

Define which America you are talking about before you accuse others of hating it.

P.S.

You and your pro-war buddies are in the minority now, according to polls, so your positions cannot be taken to be 'America'.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
First off, I think the title saying "Soldiers shooting Iraqi civilians" is misleading as you don't know who the 2 people in the 2 CARS they are shooting at are.

Second, if there was no return fire, why were they hiding behind a wall to reload? I mean...if there was no danger and they were just trigger happy why were they not reloading in the open air.

Some of the people on this thread are really idiotic because you are not thinking. And the goiod ole' chap from London saying they hope they get blown up (the soldiers) should go to hell.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join