It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: American Soldiers Shooting Iraqi Civilians

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I think some of the bad reactions come from the fact, that many people hate the fact that soldiers are in Iraq, and seeing a video of them shooting, causing damage, etc, makes them hate the soldiers.

Now I have no opinion on this video, because ofcourse, I dont really know what the situation is, who they are shooting at etc, so therefore I belive the bad comments are basically from those against the war, more than what the video actually shows.

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoppy
What if the U.S. is under attack, and none of the U.S. troops are there to help US?

Well I know myself and quite of few other Veterans would most likely take up arms, not to mention the state militias, and anyone that hunts in general, wouldn't YOU want to become a "terrorist" or "insurgent"?

do you really think the street gangs wouldn't fight them???

or the Urban rednecks

I think it would be a great thing for the US to get invaded, would sure as heck weed out the peaceniks fairly quick, they would become the Boot licking sycophants for the invaders J/K....sorta

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   
This is disgusting, absoutely disgusting.

This whole war is false and all the children of all the nations involved losing their Father's and Mother's need a lot of love... so do the soldier's in this video and the people in power who are responsible for this blood

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal
This is disgusting, absoutely disgusting.

This whole war is false and all the children of all the nations involved losing their Father's and Mother's need a lot of love... so do the soldier's in this video and the people in power who are responsible for this blood

This is why soldiers and Marines shoot supposedly what you believe are "civilians."

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I think its great that there are so many here who are against an unjust war and want peace for the Iraqi people. BUT, it is irresponsible to claim that our Marines(I notice some people aren't capitalizing the M...
) are out of line by gunning down people that charge the firing line. I'm trying not to sound hostile or add any fuel for anger to this already volatile topic, but such arguments that these men are sadistic monsters simply because they are pumped full of adrenaline and hooting and hollering tends to make you people sound ignorant and intolerant of soldiers in general. War is a terrible thing, but it happens. This war might not be right, but lets not make villains of the men and women who are serving their country.

[edit on 24-3-2007 by Nicotine1982]

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
[edit on 24-3-2007 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
shadow_soldier1975
Very well said and Thank you for serving.

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   
The actions of those Marines are simply a result of the training, and the mentality of the force in which they serve. I'm an infantry soldier in the Guard, and while I haven't been to combat I can see why they would be laughing and full of bliss after the firefight. You go into a risky situation, where you and your extremely close friends are getting shot at, you are going to do everything you can to get out alive.

We don't train to be heroes going out there to save women and children as the movies would make it seem. We train to go out and engage the enemy, to deny them the ability to control land. Its that simple, no ideals, no politics, just that piece of earth you have to secure with all the firepower you need to do it. A crime occurs in war when you deliberately target a non combatant after the heat of battle wears off, when you have a clear opportunity not to kill.

This is a cold, hard reality both sides of the debate miss. Talk of heroes and the like makes the average person believe that war is some noble ideal where the bad guys die, and the good guys win. Its not, its violent, and brutal. Kids die, innocent people die, not because they are dumb, or evil, but because they are just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Maybe when people understand this, they won't be so quick to deploy the armed forces except when they are absolutely necessary to the survival of the United States.

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

This is why soldiers and Marines shoot supposedly what you believe are "civilians."

I've seen that video before. We wouldn't be there in the first place if we'd stop suppressing the technologies. Oil and money are important, but what of it when it comes to World division over a select few and an imaginary love derived of money?

Are you sure you want to be neighbors with those people? If you can't see the sickness of that video and of any war, then I can never help you untill you help your self

[edit on 24-3-2007 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Thank you CaptGizmo, and your welcome. To ANY & ALL veterans, and current soldiers, we should say thank you!

No matter your PERSONAL outlook on IRAQ, BUSH, or WAR in general you have to keep your head clear of irrational thought. Until you sign up, go away from home, leave a family & friends behind, sacrifice everything you know as normal, and then are brave enough to protect the freedoms of people who DO NOT appreciate you doing the dirty work (because they will not) your opinion is really mute. Not because you shouldn't be allowed to voice yourself, but because you speak of these things as if you know, or as if you could of or would of done it better and more effective, or better yet, would of been more delicate, when in fact your not doing anything at all!

P.S. Just my OPINION, but the good old U.S.A. would be in SERIOUS trouble if this land ever comes under attack. Street gangs have no order and trust me, when push comes to shove they are individuals and will not stand side by side to defend the country that they discrace daily. Most people can't even take watching a murder suspect get chased and beat by the cops let alone bear arms and kill another human being. People in this country are no longer survivors, NO need to be. EVERYTHING is given to them. FOOD, MONEY, JOBS, ETC...People complain when their AC doesn't work in the summer..or really freak out if the electric goes out for an hour or two. We don't have the drive anymore...it's sad but true. Thank god for soldiers, and cops, and ff's, and those who still are not afraid to get alittle dirty when the time comes!!

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Yup, these "soldiers" are murderers. In the same sense as a civilian convict.

This is not military combat.

You do not enjoy killing fellow human beings in military combat.

I'd like to see these cowards last a couple of minutes back in the 40's with their assinine whooping.

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Someone already mentioned this im pretty sure but if so, its worth repeating.
First of all, almost all insurgents are civilians so Im supposing you mean just an innocent bystander.
Also we dont know exactly where this video was shot, if it was in Fallujah during the last invasion then they considered any adult male left there as a suspected insurgent.
Also, if these people that drove up were so innocent why would they drive right in the middle of a firefight. My take on it is that he is NOT so innocent, he had an IED in that car and was hoping our Soldiers were on the ground so he could drive by and blow them up.
No you say, well how can I know that? Well I dont, just like yall dont know that hes an innocent bystander. That is just you guys, jumping to conclusions without any evidence supporting it.

[edit on 24-3-2007 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I understand that war is brutal but that video made me sick.

The marines are killing those people like it is sport. The one that is constantly laughing and says something about the guy he gunned down in the car and how he is laying there is appaling.

YES. They are marines and are "killers" (think about that)
YES. They may have just been doing their job
YES. They actually made a video of themselves killing people like its something to be proud of
YES. Its a sad state of affairs when war comes to that

Lets see how much they laugh if their fellow marines died at the same casualty rate. Death is anything but funny.

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Close your eyes for a moment and try to imagine this...

A young kid, maybe 18, scared for his life everyday. All this kid has is his team, and the respect of those around him who keep him alive. This kid is scared. And rather than show his fear, he hides it by pretending that combat is normal and that he's all "cool with it". He says things like "Oh man, did you see that, I totally f**ked those people up." to keep from breaking into tears because he just killed people. This kid is like any other kid his age, and hides his insecurities and fears behind acting macho. He is not enjoying this, and is not a monster, despite being stuck in a monstrous war.

Of course, this is all hypothetical, because I wasn't there, and therefore don't know what really happened.

edited for spelling

[edit on 24-3-2007 by Nicotine1982]

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Originally posted by PlausibleDeniability
I dont know if it matters, but if you watch the whole video at the end it says "no unarmed people were harmed..." in text.

Did you get that impression from the soldiers conversations?

If I had made a video like this and posted it; I think I would put a disclaimer tag like that on.

I totally agree.

I have had many friends from highschool and college enter into the service.

Many of them were beforehand "gun happy hicks"... If they entered as commissioned officers, they soon became "gun happy hicks" after experiencing combat first hand.

I had privy to a outdoor bar-b-que this past summer in which many Iraq "war" veterans were present. Many my own age (under 30). They high-fived and laughed about all the misery and suffering their units caused. I inquired about the "situation" time and time again, and each time I was told, "dude, it's way, WAY worse than the US media shows...awe yeah you know what im talking about, dontcha my brotha!"

I think that troops like THESE and the troops I have known personally played to much Unreal Tournament, Counter Strike and Ghost Recon. They see their obvious superior presense as a pretext and cover for this kind of behavior.

Sad.

"An eye for an eye leaves the world blind" - Ghandi

[edit on 24-3-2007 by MystikMushroom]

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
This is not military combat.

Oh rly? Says who? You (who by the way I take it have zero military experience)? You have the gall to say that those Marines are not in "military combat"... Wow

You do not enjoy killing fellow human beings in military combat.

It's a kill or be killed environment, it takes a certain breed to survive, if you want to lament about the loss of the person trying to kill you go right ahead. However please do not dare pass judgment about soldiers who are glad they just killed the enemy, perhaps it takes real bullets over your head to understand that...

I'd like to see these cowards last a couple of minutes back in the 40's with their assinine whooping.

Cowards? I say they are braver then you ever will be... if you think "whooping" is something new or unusual in combat you certainly don't know your history. Marines did not cry over dead Japanese in the 40's, no they did stuff much worse that "whooping" I can assure you of that... Things which today would get you a court martial...

[edit on 24-3-2007 by WestPoint23]

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Well I would have to say the guy these marines killed couldve been one of the guys responsible for (for example) waiting for children to gather around an ice cream truck and then sets off there suicide vest of VIED.
Those guys are the cowards, the ones that target ice cream trucks, soccer fields or school parking lots. Now if i were a Marine over there and I killed one of one of these guys that was resposible for a bombing such as that I would be DAMNED EXCITED myself
For the ones out there labeling these Marines as the cowards, id like to see you say that face to face. Whoever said that, the most dangerous thing youve probably ever done was to cross a street without using the crosswalk. Unless youve actually been in combat before, then youre posts immediately lose credibility.
You have no right to judge them, at least not untill youve walked a mile in there Boondockers.

Originally posted by xEphon
I understand that war is brutal but that video made me sick.

The marines are killing those people like it is sport. The one that is constantly laughing and says something about the guy he gunned down in the car and how he is laying there is appaling.

YES. They are marines and are "killers" (think about that)
YES. They may have just been doing their job
YES. They actually made a video of themselves killing people like its something to be proud of
YES. Its a sad state of affairs when war comes to that

Lets see how much they laugh if their fellow marines died at the same casualty rate. Death is anything but funny.

[edit on 24-3-2007 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Why am I not in the millitary? I'm an Eagle Scout for Christ's sake...hell, 90% of the families that made up my Boy's Life-cover troop WERE millitary...

Why? Why do I not wish to live out my boy-hood dreams of playing soldier and hunting down the so-called "bad guys?" Because;

I'm not dumb enough to allow myself to be force-fed a culture that encourages violence and blood-lust.

If you have ever been around large groups of YOUNG enlisted soldiers, you'll understand.

I apologize to all those older, mature and seasoned US Millitary veterans...Many of my best friend's parents were or ARE currently serving -- and they are FINE and UPSTANDING and smart people.

It's time I said somthing.

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Let me also voice my opinion about the "Insurgents"...

IDK exactly which attack it was (now currently researching)...but an Israeli Mossad agent was discovered acting as an instigator in an attack on US forces.

The entire situation is staged, played up and inflamed by our own goverment and it's allies.

It's in the best interest for the west to BREAK Iraq. Why? Oil.

Oil controls the world. Hell, half the s*it we have are derrived from petrochemicals.

Our US currency is no longer gold-backed, and the only thing keeping it afloat is the fact that other countries have to USE our dollars to buy oil.

See where I'm going? We're in Iraq not because of WMD--but because our economy will TANK if we don't.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Oh rly? Says who? You (who by the way I take it have zero military experience)? You have the gall to say that those Marines are not in "military combat"... Wow

If this is "military combat", it's the most pathetic, spineless, unprofessional military combat I've ever seen. These guys are a joke in uniform.

However please do not dare pass judgment about soldiers who are glad they just killed the enemy, perhaps it takes real bullets over your head to understand that...

Did you watch the video at all?

Cowards? I say they are braver then you ever will be...

I must applaud your internet bravado. Bravery indeed.

Please. You are much more fun as an armchair analyst.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join