It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: American Soldiers Shooting Iraqi Civilians

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
MikeboydUS, you bring up good points. These boys are just doing the job they were trained for.
But I still wonder why we are in Iraq.

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I will not post my opinions of the people who wish harm to our soldiers...because NONE of these people would EVER say those things to the face of a man or woman who was BRAVE enough to join an all volunteer military. The fact that these people are willing to draw judgment on our troops by seeing one mear video proves that these people and A LOT of americans in general are lost. The rights given to the citizens of this GREAT country are abused daily. AMERICANS (most who never served in the military) believe that the rights they have were somehow just written up and stood the test of time without any opposition or sacrifice. They believe these rights could and will stand firm for MANY years to come...when truth is the ONLY (AND I MEAN ONLY) reason those rights you abuse daily are even still with us is because unlike most of you trash talkers...some of us signed the dotted line and sacrificed our own lives and family so that you could continue with you rediculous spouting. Bottom line is this...I hear americans say, "I am an american I have the right to say what i want". What in fact you should be saying is this.."I am an american, I HAVE BEEN GIVEN the rights to say what I want" Until the day you earn it...the rights of this country really aren't yours!

ALL GAVE SOME, SOME GAVE ALL, DID YOU EVEN GIVE ANYTHING!!!

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Why would these soldiers film themselves killing innocent people which they obviously know if it got out they would be in big trouble and put it on youtube?

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero
We have a volenteer army, most likly a good portion of people are sadistic freaks, who join up so they can have the pleasure of killing.

These guys were just gunning at whoever, they didnt seem to have any enemy, and when the white car rollls up, they just unload on it, and kill the inocent person.

These peopl ehave no remorse, and are cowards.

This is why people hate us, we take one of the worst acts inhumanity, war, and turn it into a satarday afernoon masicare, and our soilders now seem so enjoy it

this is sick

No a good portion are Average Americans.

Anyone that rolls up into the middle of a fire fight is likely to get shot period.

I agree Marines have no remorse, but they are far from cowards. I have seen them get shot and still go out on missions and get shot again. Even then they still want to go out and fight. They are Warriors. They are the closest we probably have in our modern armed forces to True Warriors, where as most of us are just Soldiers.

[edit on 24/3/07 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   
For all those who "havent served"

"I, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

Now go back to watching your CNN because you dont and will not ever understand.

Keeb

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by racerzeke
Why would these soldiers film themselves killing innocent people which they obviously know if it got out they would be in big trouble and put it on youtube?

I would say they were filming a firefight. Marines often record their engagements.

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Yup a firefight not a video of a massacre of innocents

They would just be framing themselves then

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Applause to you Shadow!

US civilians! Open your mind more than your eyes on CNN or you tube!

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Keebie
For all those who "haven't served"

"I, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

Now go back to watching your CNN because you dont and will not ever understand.

Keeb

I understand...........

I have proudly served in the USAF but being ex military doesn't mean that I throw all reason and honor and critical thinking out the window and bow down to authority figures.

But thinking nonmilitary people can't understand this current conflict is very naive. Insulting people that don't agree with you is the quickest way I know of to have them discount you as an adolescent that really doesn't know what hes is talking about. An is just a sideline cheerleader regardless of the facts.

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I agree with you whaaa,

They cant and will not understand. You been in a situation where you almost died? I'm courious being in the USAF.

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
lets all just remember one MAJOR thing here...WAR does suck, I have served and continue to, even if not under a normal chain of command, serve the country that gives me the rights I (and you) have! I would love to have a peacful, greenpeace, love everyone, no crime world...where we could all watch football, drink beer, eat at hooters and keep our doors unlocked at night...and even better where we could have a world that ALL countries just "GOT ALONG"! But guess what...WAKE THE &$#@ UP! We are human, and humans have always and will continue to ALWAYS be greedy, egotistical, and yes violent. There will always be bullies and liars. You will ALWAYS have someone who makes you unhappy or who you think is evil. You will always allow your emotions to cloud your judgment and your opinion to be fact! Things like this will never end...they shall continue..and while they do, WE have to do what's best for us.

My problem is, for all the people who want to complain about the military..I want to hear you complain about them when your freedom and life are under seige and our troops are your only hope for survival! For all you people who say our police are to brutal..I DON'T want to hear you whine about why crime is always on the rise, and sure as hell don't wanna hear you when the same cops you bad mouth don't rush to your side when you get mugged or rapped, etc...! For all you greenpeace don't cut down trees people...make sure you are homeless, since MOST of you live in wooden framed houses! You see, people want make change and wanna complain about things, UNTIL it affects them.

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I AM a Marine, I never shot ANYONE, yet I was called a "baby killer" ( and this was in 1979, not in the 60's ) Those marines are reacting to a tense filled situation, a Laugh or Cry type thing, have none of you ever been on a football team or any type of team? do none of you have friends that you Bond with???

Of course they are laughing and carrying on, that is the way of a warrior, My enemy died and I live, I celebrate life

the cars that pulled up had no reason to be there ( would YOU drive towards gunfire? ) if it was your family getting shot at you might, which means you would BE a threat to the shooter.

Does this except upset me? not in the least, they did a great Job and none of their squad got hurt, that is YOU tax dollars well spent, should they be in Iraq, that is another topic altogether.

Shame on you for thinking that Just because they are Marines they are "bad" I do NOT support the Governments position on this War in Iraq, But I will be dammed if I will sit back and allow any to Demean a fellow Marine with arm chair quaterbacking.

As I said, I never shot ANYONE, that does NOT mean I never sent anyone out that got shot or that died for this country.

Before you DARE bash the Defenders of your Country try and Give thanks there ARE people out there WILLING to be shot at, the Next enemies round could be coming at you or your family

"If you don't stand behind your troops, Feel quite free to stand in front of them"

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Wow!
That touch me hard.

Especially the tree hugger/house thing you are absolutely right!

Get a MUD house people!

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   
You really get a feel for the mentality of people when stuff like this comes up.

I notice that ALOT of people are REALLY quick to judge these Marines as villians. How many of these people have ever been in a firefight, or knows what it feels like to have a massive adrenaline rush that comes from a survival situation.

I understand that seeing things like this is hard, and when you hear the people laughing and whooping, it leaves you wioth a sour taste. But these are not cops, and this is not suburbia, these are Marines, and this is the front lines.

Do not focus your disapproval of the war on those men who are willing to serve their country. If they are guilty they will be judged.

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   

But these are not cops, and this is not suburbia, these are Marines, and this is the front lines.

Actually it is suburbia, in Iraq. It is not the front lines. The Iraqi army was defeated.

And are you glad that you have police officers bound by constitutional law guarding over you instead of foreign soldiers not bound by law who shoot civilians for their own hedonistic entertainment?

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malichai

But these are not cops, and this is not suburbia, these are Marines, and this is the front lines.

Actually it is suburbia, in Iraq. It is not the front lines. The Iraqi army was defeated.

And are you glad that you have police officers bound by constitutional law guarding over you instead of foreign soldiers not bound by law who shoot civilians for their own hedonistic entertainment?

tell that to the two guys checking the bridge after Katrina

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   

"Suburbia" Iraq is the frontline. The insurgency operates in urban areas. I was there I saw this firsthand. You have no concept of what goes one in the human mind in combat, especially in the mind of a United States Marine. It has nothing to do with hedonism. Hedonism is splurging on McDonalds while sitting back watching American Idol and ignoring the reality that the world is a very violent place.

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
What if the U.S. is under attack, and none of the U.S. troops are there to help US?

[edit on 24-3-2007 by hoppy]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join