It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would the antichrist bother?!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elron
lol there is nothing wrong with being confident in your salvation,

Salvation, or confidence wasn't in question. Proud boasting as though one deserves it was.

I'm the youth worker for my church, I witness to people everyday, so if I wasn't sure that I was saved then how on earth could I tell them that they can be?

Do what you do for the right reasons. To glory among men is payment in full.

I'm not particularly interested in what philosophers or scholars have to say on the subject, its Gods word not theirs, so if I don't understand part of it I go to God.

Amen. We have one teacher. Take no other instruction than his.

Hope to see you in the great assembly in the morning.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 06:52 AM
link   
That's a very good question... Why bother when someone promises you death and destruction? Well, look at your history, people bother because they believe something greater can be achieved, some global change which will be in place even after you are dead. This is why Antichrist will make sure to get loyal and devoted followers around him, so they will carry on his 'evil' agenda. He will establish his secret society, above all others.

There is also few other things not very clear in prophecy ... They say his reign will be 1260 days, but some argue it's in fact 1260 years. Also i noticed somewhere else is mentioned Satan will reign for 1000+ years so it makes sense, but then again who knows, maybe it will be just 3.5 years and then 3.5 years possessed by Sorath.

About Antichrist i think he is aware of his 'destiny', and he is not surprised by it, it's similar to his nature, since he is ahrimanic reincarnation. You know, you can't just use any human for this task and possess him. That would be unstable. You need someone who is cold and calculating, no need to reveal him his task at start, but sooner or later you need to show him who he is, so he can focus and prepare. Since he is ahrimanic soul, he will use technology/internet to start his global movement and since he is not some idiot, all projects will involve peace and cooperation. Also, keep in mind maybe this is all he wants. War and suffering just increase human desire for some comfort and when you don't have material, you seek spiritual, so why make war then?

I believe he will start his work in 2007, only problem is some kind of restrainer put on him, as mentioned in prophecy.

So, why bother, well there is a chance to make this world a better place, where 18.000+ children won't die daily out of starvation (2007 UN report!) while US/EU children are getting diabetes and cancer.

[edit on 31-3-2007 by detonator]

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
Or Lucifer doesn't know as much about God as he thinks he does. Or it could be the Lucifer knows that God always plays by the rules and thinks he can use this to his advantage.

The antichrist himself would just be a pawn of the Devil. Probably oblivious to his own fate and blinded by power. I'm sure he will believe that he picked the right side in the battle.

There is absolutely no possibility that "the devil" acts in any interest other than God's. He was created as an angel, angels have no free will - that is a gift only mankind has. The revolt in heaven was planned. The fall of the host of heaven was ordained. The actions of Satan are set forth by God. Therefore the actions of any "antichrist" are in turn planned and set in motion through GOd.

The problem with an omnipotent, omnipresent, and omniscient singular deity is that everything can be laid at their feat, good or bad.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
If God is omnipotent, omnipresent, and omniscient why create all the problems and conflict and suffering then? For self-amusement? Well that would be silly for a being so advanced. I think problem here is free will. God creates all this for us and yet we are so evil all the time. Stop blaming everything on destiny and higher forces, realize it's your free will to blame, only then you can get peace.

Satan (Ahriman) is not evil being, he is just opposed to God and wants people to use intellect to create heaven on earth. This of course is not exactly what Bible is teaching so, he is now a bad guy.

Yet people who kill, torture and burn others at stake in the name of religion or economic interest are so innocent, it's all because of Satan. How convenient.

Well, they are not completely guilty since they didn't choose where to be born in what body and in which society. All these factors influence people to become good and bad, but still we need to tame our free will. Who knows, maybe Grand Inquisitor Tomás de Torquemada would be interested in New Age today.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 03:41 AM
link   
just a thought, but dont jews believe Christ has not been here and there waiting for the first arrival? Sounds like a good place for the anti-christ to chip into. Perhaps an leader of a jewish group? and they hold him up high and declare him "Jesus" maybe not in that exact sense. but who would know if he was the AC until it was too late. Even the AC

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 04:57 AM
link   

He was created as an angel, angels have no free will - that is a gift only mankind has.

Can you tell me where you picked up that idea from?

Lack of free-will is not the same thing as predestination. See Augustine on the matter for starters.

Or consider whether Hamlet, in his famous soliloquy, excercised free will in coming to his decision. As far as Shakespeare was able to create a "real" person he did. But yet his fate was predetermined (Shakespeare knew the plot in advance, and was in fact writing it). Predeterminism does not compell anyone to act or do any particular thing, but it does "stand outside of time and space" to the extent that the cause-and-effect of decisions has no real meaning, even though within the framework of time and space they have real meaning. Rather like an author outside his own book.

Cheers.

Rob.

PS - btw, am I allowed to suggest another place where theological matters can usually be more much rigorously and accurately examined than here? www.theologyweb.com... - great forum on there

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Thanks to his extraordinary intelligence, he could be anything to anyone. If he considers alliance with Jews of any benefit, he will form one. It's all about strategy and cold calculation in order to succeed. Mind first, heart second. He will strike in 2007.

Rob your site/forum may be comprehensive but due to it's nature any debate about Antichrist would most probably be strongly biased.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Does it say how many people will go to heaven or how many people will go to Hell?

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by detonator
Rob your site/forum may be comprehensive but due to it's nature any debate about Antichrist would most probably be strongly biased.

Well, it's not "my" site. lol. But as the idea of antichrist arose from within Christianity, a bias towards Christian views of all denominations (and some solid disgraeement as well), as to the motivation of such a being doing things they already know in advance will fail, seemed appropriate. I don't see the point in a non-biased discussion in this issue personally. Rather like calling a mathematician's solution of a differential biased.

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
What about Mahdi (or Dajjal) and Maitreya, real one not the impostor known today? But that's irrelevant anyway, i was thinking since Christians expect Antichrist to be very bad guy, any debate how he may actually help the world are impossible.

Do not expect political figure with more speeches full of empty promises requiring you to tattoo 666 on your forehead. That would be stupid. Antichrist is Ahrimanic force incarnated and only thing he will do is calculate and plan and bring a lot of useful ideas in the process.

So why is prophecy promising someone who will persecute believers? I think it's logical to expect someone who thinks a bit progressive to realize religion is not needed anymore, so we can abandon it or replace it with something better.

[edit on 4-4-2007 by detonator]

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   

That's a very good question... Why bother when someone promises you death and destruction? Well, look at your history, people bother because they believe something greater can be achieved, some global change which will be in place even after you are dead. This is why Antichrist will make sure to get loyal and devoted followers around him, so they will carry on his 'evil' agenda. He will establish his secret society, above all others.

There is also few other things not very clear in prophecy ... They say his reign will be 1260 days, but some argue it's in fact 1260 years. Also i noticed somewhere else is mentioned Satan will reign for 1000+ years so it makes sense, but then again who knows, maybe it will be just 3.5 years and then 3.5 years possessed by Sorath.

About Antichrist i think he is aware of his 'destiny', and he is not surprised by it, it's similar to his nature, since he is ahrimanic reincarnation. You know, you can't just use any human for this task and possess him. That would be unstable. You need someone who is cold and calculating, no need to reveal him his task at start, but sooner or later you need to show him who he is, so he can focus and prepare. Since he is ahrimanic soul, he will use technology/internet to start his global movement and since he is not some idiot, all projects will involve peace and cooperation. Also, keep in mind maybe this is all he wants. War and suffering just increase human desire for some comfort and when you don't have material, you seek spiritual, so why make war then?

I believe he will start his work in 2007, only problem is some kind of restrainer put on him, as mentioned in prophecy.

So, why bother, well there is a chance to make this world a better place, where 18.000+ children won't die daily out of starvation (2007 UN report!) while US/EU children are getting diabetes and cancer.

Thanks for the responses, this one caught my eye and brings up some good point IMO. Perhaps the AntiChrist does not realise who he is but as you say could be evil by nature and want to harm the world, he just doesn't realise who he is and therefore wouldn't be deterred from carrying out his plans as he wouldn't realise that the prophecies related to him. Interesting stuff!!

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I think he wants to save the world and not harm others, he sees daily suffering as something religion and current political system is to blame so he will change it all. Wicked.

About being aware of his nature, maybe not when younger but when start of his mission approaches, he will become aware and later he will recognize great force working thru him and and finally he will see he IS that force. Something so beautiful words cannot describe.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
mrbocci we are all here to do what we are all here to do,some call it karma or destiny,human factor can change everything....

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Because there is 83 people that know the truth about something very important....Jwater88:My Prediction. It has at least tripled or more in conversations for topic

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   
They all do what they are told to do, don't be afraid of them.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by thecry
Does it say how many people will go to heaven or how many people will go to Hell?

Hi thecry/

Well there is something that I remember reading about .....
The number of Fallen Angels will be replaced with Man!
For we were created a little higher then the Angels......
It is said that when Satan(Lucifer)fell down to earth(lower heaven)and along with him those angels(demons)of which wanted to follow him(being thousand upon thousands..infinite number)is the number that will enter into Heaven at Judgement day.....for this is how many fell and will be replaced with humans.
Also I have read that when the time is right for the end of the world and Judgement day begins,there will be needed another 9(11?)people and since there will not be any worthy people found to enter Heaven, those people(the 9/11 are *preserved* to judgement day) who have not died/passed on?(apparently are still alive and have been seen by various people) await the time for them to enter heaven........I only vagualy remember part of the story, so If I come up with the article, I will post it again!

There was a site for this but ''GOOGLE''(thanks google) is not responding to the many web sites I saved on my Fav and so I cannot find the article any more....
I have also in my past threads posted about this........that same link will probably not work.

*preserved*......not jar/jam preserved!

helen

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Use archive.org for old sites.

What about his - we are fallen angels, this is hell and Satan loves us all.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Use archive.org for old sites.

I will try this!
Thanks!

What about his - we are fallen angels, this is hell and Satan loves us all.

I know Satan loves us!
That is why he wishes US all to join him!

take care,

IX
helen

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Swallow this.....the Universe is a supermassive nusery for life, with the ultimate goal of life to become self aware. The Good (GOD) permeates through out this Universe defying Entropy, the Evil (Devil) tries always to destroy this challenge to Entropy and return the Universe to lifelessness.

This Duality permeates in every single thing in multi-layered facets whether it be Day/Night..Dark/Light...Positive/Negative. Life created on this Planet by the "Good" has been targeted for destruction by its opposite counterpart called "Evil" . Mankind has personified this phenomenon into terms that can be taught, remembered and passed on through numerous ancient text's.

You cannot simplify the complexity of existance and to say its intricate in the extreme is an understatment. Understanding the duality of everything is the beginning to an awareness of the fact of our absolute infantile understanding of everything.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Light needs dark and dark needs light. Still at the end of the day tiger can eat you.

Any absolute extreme exterminates itself in the world of duality.

About Antichrist (to stay on topic), i think humanity needs one in this day and age and since it was proven so many times Bible and other 'holy' books are pile of crap and lies providing no real solution.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join