It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Last Confession of E. Howard Hunt

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   

The Last Confession of E. Howard Hunt

www.rollingstone.com

The Last Confessions of E. Howard Hunt
He was the ultimate keeper of secrets, lurking in the shadows of American history. He toppled banana republics, planned the Bay of Pigs invasion and led the Watergate break-in. Now he would reveal what he'd always kept hidden: who killed JFK
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 24/3/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Mar, 23 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
This is true and fascinating. I have handwritten memos as well as an audio cassette tape which detail a plot to kill JFK. The Rollingstone issue is available on-line but hard copies will be available Last week of March 2007.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Hey, this forum is for breaking news with a link to the complete story, not teasers aimed at free advertising posted by new members.

Have a little respect for the forum, will ya?

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
The link is not working for me......is it because of the board changes, or has it been removed??

Sounded very interesting.......

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Format fixed, the story is legit, link repaired.

I'd recommend the libation of choice, and a serious read.

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Here is the link to the full article:
www.rollingstone.com

I read the whole thing last night and it really doesn't say to much. I got the impression this St. John guy is a heavy drug user trying his hardest to exploit his dying fathers name for another hit of crack. All he is looking for is a payday. He is doing this because he was bitter at his father, bitter because of all the years he spent being mistreated and ignored by his father. He even goes as far to call his now dead father a *snip*, several times in the story.

I am not saying that I don't think there was a conspiracy to kill JFK. Because I do think there was one. I just think this guys motives are not "preserving historical data" like he says in the article. I think they are to put money in his pocket. He could never be a functioning member of society, he was a crack head-drug dealing, scumbag always looking for his next hit. I don't care what anyone says, people like that never change, they are always looking for a new angle to make money without working and to get high.

I think some valuable information can be gained from this, if everything he said was true. But how can we trust a drug user. Looking to make a buck. Good try buddy. Thanks for the new avenue to look down to maybe uncover some more of the mystery surounding JFK's death. But he should not get one red cent for any of this. He should get a free stay in whatever rehab clinic Lindsy Lohan and Brittney Spears are in this week. Nothing more.

Mod Edit: Truncated Link Of Great Length (which was the same as the OP).

Mod Note: ATS Handbook – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 24/3/2007 by Mirthful Me]
Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 24-3-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Nice reception, huh?

We are known around the web for our tenderhearted nature around here.

Interesting story. I can relate, in a way. Not in others.

My dad told me they had LBJ's "cancelled check" on the JFK assassination, so this story isn't really new to me.

St. John, I pray you will find the peace, reconciliation, and comfort in the knowledge of the truth that you seek.

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Great read and interesting story. I agree with the other poster that St. John sounds like an attention whore. Still some details, names and places are brought up to give the JFK crowd further info. I wasn't aware of Costner's 5 million dollar option either.

Imagine the feelings if it were somehow proven that LBJ orchestrated the whole thing....wow

brill

[edit on 24-3-2007 by brill]

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 04:31 AM
link   
If there are audiotapes, it really doesn't matter what his character is.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 06:06 AM
link   
digitalassasin you are certainly full of something. Too bad it is not compassion or empathy for your fellow man. Drug addiction is a small character flaw in the overall scheme of life. Everybody has one or two, except for God of course.

I always suspected LBJ of being the instigator of the Kennedy assasination. He hated Kennedy.

Aren't power and money wonderful things?

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I am not saying I don't have compassion for drug users, I do. It is horrible what they have to deal with. I just don't trust them. I don't care what anyone says never trust a drug user with no money cause that is all they are looking for.

As for everyone having a flaw or two except for god. LOL...I would say, if god does exist, how could he make a world like the one we live in. This place seems like a huge flaw on his part. Wouldn't you say?

If being a drug user is a character flaw than creating one has to be...Right?

I think for the most part Earth is his own personal cosmic gag reel. Yes, I know that is from a movie. But it is true nonetheless.

But we aren't talking about god, we are talking about a drug-user trying to exploit his fathers name. I think we should get back on topic.

[edit on 3/25/2007 by digitalassassin]

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I have noticed lately a drive to stick the blame onto LBJ in recent years, with similar revelations by his personal lawyer and his late mistress. But of course LBJ himself could not have controlled every other politician, the bureacracy, and the entire world’s media, who all closed ranks with the conspirators. The hit on JFK came from the very core of the Establishment that rules the US. Think Rothschild/Rockefeller.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
pic of Cord Meyer here:

www.ufodigest.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Heh, that was actually a really good read.
I wonder if it's true.
I mean, St. John really has no reason to lie, er...besides making money, that is.
And considering that the records concerning the JFK situation are sealed for another 10 or so years, this makes for a good story.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Yeah, just a little harsh on St. John's drug abuse.

What are you anyway, an AA mentor or something? You're making it sound like he's asking you for a personal loan.

The formative years of this guys life was spent being raised by very deceptive people. And the way he described forced silences at the dinner table... and a developed studder... these are things that really do happen and the sorts of dominating, scary people like E.H. Hunt are the reason these things happen.

Hey, if a guy in his 50's is going to concoct a story for a boatload of crack, it's going to be a great story anyway. Kevin Costner is probably a good judge of character and backed off EH Hunt because he probably realized the son would figure out that the best way to get on the gravy train was to find out the information himself. Shoot - why contract all this great information out to Kevin Costner when it is just as easy and far more informative if he does the work¿

Some things go deeper than a drug addiction, and St. John's asking for being in the medias eye says something a little more than screams for attention.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Hummm, If Cord Meyer was in MK-ULTRA, LBJ might have been just one of the puppets, rather than the puppet-master........

I had also heard that LBJ's mistress had revealed that he knew about the assassination the night before......but he'd said something to the effect that he 'wouldn't have to worry about the Kennedy's after tomorrow.' Not so much that he would be 'having' it done', but was 'in on it'.

The article is certainly an interesting read, but begs so many more questions.......

Was Oswald in the CIA?
And if he was in the CIA, was he supposed to be shooting at JFK, or did he think he could save him?

Who did Jackie mean when she said, " I want them to see what they have done!" ( the reason she gave for not taking off her bloodied clothes.)?
What else did she know?

It sounds like E. Howard, just guessed that it was the Frenchman on the grassy knoll......so could it have been someone else?
Who was his second choice for that role??

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   
There is no such thing as E. Howard Hunt’s “Last Confession,” contrary to claims currently being circulated by Mr. Hunt’s two elder sons, Howard St. John and David Hunt in recent articles published in the Los Angeles Times and in Rolling Stone magazine following Mr. Hunt’s death. Motivated by an apparent need for notoriety and financial gains, these theories regarding Mr. Hunt’s alleged knowledge of a JFK assassination conspiracy involving the late President Johnson and now dead CIA agents have no basis in fact and are not credible. There is nothing inherently newsworthy in the sad tale of rogue relatives sewing seeds of dissension after the death of a well-known public figure. What is true is that in his lifetime, E. Howard Hunt’s two elder sons were a deep disappointment to their father and family. If these theories rest on the credibility of the two elder sons, then their own backgrounds and reliability are well worth investigation. St. John Hunt has actually revealed his decades of drug use, abuse and drug dealing in the Rolling Stone article. Considering their source, reputable journalists should dismiss these claims as entirely lacking in credibility.
The theories advanced by his two elder sons after his death are totally inconsistent with Mr. Hunt’s tireless efforts to fight any and all conspiracy allegations during his lifetime. The Warren Commission report investigating the Kennedy assassination is a matter of public record. Unhappy with its findings that Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone, a veritable conspiracy industry has arisen, and because of Mr. Hunt’s CIA background, some theorists have speculated that Mr. Hunt was connected in some way. Allegations caused Congress to act and the JFK investigation was renewed in the early 1970’s. In 1974, Mr. Hunt repudiated and rejected these absurd theories as part of a 90-page sealed deposition before the Senate investigative committee. In that recently declassified and released transcript, which is available online, Mr. Hunt detailed each and every CIA assignment and every contact during his 21-year CIA career. During Mr. Hunt’s deposition, each bizarre conspiracy theory involving President Kennedy was detailed exhaustively, and Mr. Hunt testified that he had absolutely no knowledge of anything pertaining to the assassination. In addition, Mr. Hunt engaged in protracted litigation against Liberty Lobby, a political newspaper that had published conspiracy allegations concerning him. Although he won at trial the verdict was overturned on appeal. Mr. Hunt continued to fight against defamatory accusations, and specifically repudiated each one in detail in a chapter included in his final memoirs. Mr. Hunt also resisted several Hollywood “big money” offers to “cash in” on assassination speculations by lending credibility to CIA-connected JFK assassination scenarios. It is curious indeed, and perhaps sinister, that his elder sons would wait until after their father’s death to propagate conspiracy theories in an alleged “last confession” when Mr. Hunt is no longer able to personally repudiate them. All of Mr. Hunt’s knowledge concerning LBJ and any CIA agents is dealt with extensively by him in his new book American Spy (Wiley, 2007).
Mr. Hunt had also always firmly rejected any and all conspiracy theories involving the death of his first wife. The National Transportation Board and Federal Aviation Administration exhaustively investigated her accidental death on board a United Airlines passenger plane in 1972. Should there have been a conspiracy to murder her, the opportunities were many, and it is ludicrous to believe that the most effective method was to cause an airliner to crash, killing more than a hundred others. The verdict of the inquiry into the causes of the crash was that it was pilot error combined with extremely poor weather conditions, a verdict on which rational persons agree.
In 2005, Mr. Hunt’s two elder sons proposed a book project in conjunction with an individual with film industry connections. Unfortunately, as things developed, it was clear that the project was not about the interesting details of Mr. Hunt’s life. Rather, it was a vehicle to promote further conspiracy-fueled speculations involving rogue CIA agents and LBJ in the Kennedy assassination. Mr. Hunt definitively rejected that project, and he specifically rejected the theories it contained, both to his attorney, William A. Snyder, Jr. and to his youngest son, Austin, who was living at home and finishing his college courses. When that project did not proceed because of the bizarre conspiracy theories initially promoted, the elder brothers’ opportunities for financial gain faded. Their resulting reaction has been to continue to exploit Mr. Hunt, to create conflict and division within the family, to threaten their siblings and worst of all, to further a very selfish and greedy personal agenda.
In the interests of truth and fairness, Mr. Snyder and Mr. Austin Hunt should be consulted as the family’s spokespersons on this issue as their first-hand accounts are critical to emphatically contradict these spurious claims on behalf of Mr. Hunt, his widow and his remaining four children.

Sincerely,

The Hunt Estate and the Hunt Family

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Looks like ATS has it's first episode of

The Family Feud!!!!

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Survey Says...

I must say, this does seem a bit odd.

Of course, it is entirely unnecessary for any member to provide any evidence of their true identity, but I can't help wondering if these new members are in fact H. St. John Hunt and legitimate representatives of the estate of E. Howard Hunt.

Or is there some sort of conspiracy underway?

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 02:43 AM
link   
They are gonna remake "Dallas" and change the settings from that oil tycoon's to one of intel king pin's?
Still keep the title tho, proper for the cons involved.

When the estate now comes in with dramatic climpses of a family split over an heritage they either have to cover up and live with. Or reveal, maybe thereby get redemption from, (and possible threats from some who might not want it revealed), well, then it could very well be the 'J.R.' character of the Hunt dynasty we dealing with in new member st. John hunt. If he is what he claims.

My first thought when the OP came up, finding the R.S. article mentioned without link, was.. after having read the story... anybody could do this. Nothing but a sentence pasted from the article supports him. I was waiting for st. John to come back with further answers or at least giving credibility to his claims. Since he so far hasn't returned, it all stands as an advertisment for R.S.

After reading the document from the estate, I have no longer doubts, the opponents are whom they claim, and their agenda is to gain support or denounce arguments.

Could we confirm by check of IP address and legal adddress That the estate is real enough?

Now we can only wait for 'Sue Ellen' to sign up to ATS. I guess this son Austin (powers?) is Bobby. And there's also a 'Miss Ellie' in the family. It's not uncommon family members join to support their kin. So please be welcomed.

For st. John to gain credibility, I suggest he sends a copy of his tape to the owners of this site to review it in a closed circle of experts.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join